Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-23-2014, 07:47 PM   #61
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Report: Jabari Parker Prefers Bucks, Might Have 'Tanked' Cavs Workout

^^^In what world is intentionally "tanking workouts" a good thing?

It would be a totally unprofessional thing to do.
RedBlackAttack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:57 PM   #62
The Immortal

The Immortal has decent reputationThe Immortal has decent reputation
Default Re: Report: Jabari Parker Prefers Bucks, Might Have 'Tanked' Cavs Workout

Milkawakee probably does make the most sense.. still in the eastern conference. He'll probably live in the suburb in between Milkawakee and Chicago (like LeBron did from Cleveland to Akron). No pressure as the home town kid. Profit.
The Immortal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:01 PM   #63
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Parker's dad on Twitter:

Quote:
Sonny Parker on an ESPN report that his son Jabari "tanked" his workout with Cavs: "He wasn't raised like that. He wouldn't do that."

Quote:
More from Sonny Parker: "Jabari has a lot of morals, principles, values and integrity. He'll play for whoever drafts him."

Quote:
Sonny Parker added, "If Jabari didn't want to play there (Cleveland), he wouldn't have gone there, trust me."

https://twitter.com/GeryWoelfel/stat...00238368018432

Like I said... this is not a good look.
RedBlackAttack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:03 PM   #64
The Immortal

Is there video from the workouts?
Old 06-23-2014, 08:09 PM   #65
Dictator
Insidehoops Mafia

Dictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this board

"got winded at times"
Dictator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:13 PM   #66
Milbuck
Buck Dynasty

Milbuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMilbuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMilbuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMilbuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMilbuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMilbuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMilbuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMilbuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMilbuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMilbuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMilbuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
If this report is true, I think it's a bit unprofessional of him. I'm not going to begrudge the guy for having a favorite landing spot, but I'd think it would be better just to be honest about it instead of potentially dogging it during the workout.

As you probably know, I'm leaning towards Wiggins anyway, so I think this may work out well for all parties involved. And, I worry about games getting in the way of one another with Kyrie, Parker and Dion, so if that's one of his reasons for preferring Milwaukee -- where he'd be the clear No. 1 scoring option right out of the gates -- then I may actually agree with him.

I like the Wiggins fit in Cleveland and I like the Parker fit in Milwaukee. I will say that I'm concerned about the 255 pound weigh-in for Parker. That's way too big for his build/frame at this stage. Hell, I thought his weight of 235 at Duke was too big. I wouldn't exactly call it a red flag, but it is concerning.

I'm assuming this isn't going to be a huge issue for him going forward and, if it's not, I like the core that you guys have in place. It makes sense on paper.
Agreed on all points, especially about fit between both prospects and their respective teams.

The interesting thing to note, is that the sources still mentioned that Parker is the likely selection for Cleveland, and that despite what doubt this workout created within ownership he is still the guy they're leaning towards. This probably goes much deeper than that, but I wouldn't put Jabari out of the running for #1 just yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal
Is there video from the workouts?
Not as of yet, and I doubt there will be if there's any truth to these reports. All we have to go by right now is the footage I linked in the OP, of his draft workout in Santa Monica exactly a month ago. Relative to his reputation, he looked very quick, athletic, and explosive in that video, which is why the Bucks and Cavs (as a backup for Embiid) really liked him. And that's what makes this report so confusing...whether it was intentional or not, how the hell could a top 3 prospect allow himself to go from great shape to gaining 15-20 pounds and looking totally out of shape right before the draft? It's just absurd.
Milbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:18 PM   #67
senelcoolidge
College star

senelcoolidge has not been impressing people

I think Jabari will be the best pick for the Bucks at #2. Embiid with these injury issues has too many red flags. Wiggins will take time and he just doesn't have that fire..but should be a good player. Jabari is the most NBA ready and will be the man in Milwaukee..but the Buck have to continue building around him. They have Giannis, Henson, and Wolters that they can go forward with as a young core. Sanders is imploding and Knight is not reliable. This is a deep draft so with their 2nd round picks they can get some gems if they draft good.
senelcoolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 09:48 PM   #68
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out
its sad people will post 100 lol's to a bad joke but jokes like this will only get 1 lol..........Well just know that i found it funny
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 09:54 PM   #69
coin24
NBA sixth man of the year

coin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation here

Of course he'd rather play for the bucks..
Closer to home, less pressure to win etc, can be the man on the bucks..

Better for a rookie than the Cavs current situation..
coin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:01 PM   #70
no pun intended
Mozart Basketball

no pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation here

It was already obvious how much he didn't want to go to the Cavs. Just look at his and his friends' reactions at the end of this video.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nb...ri-parker.nba/
no pun intended is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:03 PM   #71
The Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by coin24
Of course he'd rather play for the bucks..
Closer to home, less pressure to win etc, can be the man on the bucks..

Better for a rookie than the Cavs current situation..
Yup. And less #1 overall draft bust pressure.
Old 06-23-2014, 10:18 PM   #72
dubeta
Banned

dubeta is starting to rub some people the wrong waydubeta is starting to rub some people the wrong way

holy fvck 255 pounds at the young age of 19?

Dudes gonna be 300 pounds in 5 years if he keeps this up, Glen Davis #2
dubeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:44 PM   #73
Mr Exlax
McFailed next season

Mr Exlax is a pretty well-respected posterMr Exlax is a pretty well-respected posterMr Exlax is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
Cleveland or Milwaukee....

Holy shit this has me rolling! Well played sir.
Mr Exlax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:24 PM   #74
lilgodfather1
Wait and See

lilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected posterlilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected posterlilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected poster

This is just getting out now? Jeez RCF knew this days ago, already talked it to death, and that is why Wiggins is considered the top pick.

Also interestimg that news sites seem to get their info from fan forums.

Last edited by lilgodfather1 : 06-23-2014 at 11:27 PM.
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 01:13 AM   #75
MC Gusto
Decent playground baller

MC Gusto has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no pun intended
It was already obvious how much he didn't want to go to the Cavs. Just look at his and his friends' reactions at the end of this video.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nb...ri-parker.nba/
I need me a snack.
MC Gusto is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: