Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-24-2014, 01:21 AM   #121
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Official 2014 NBA Draft Thread

I'm hoping for McDaniles, CleAnthony Early or Shabazz. In that order too.

Also, a lot of people are sleeping on Khem Birch. Predicted to go late second round... Has a lot of similarities to Payne who a lot of people are hyped on. Wouldn't mind the Heat grabbing him or Damien Inglis if they're on the board in the second round.

Last edited by plowking : 06-24-2014 at 01:25 AM.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:10 AM   #122
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

cant wait ...

I am expecting that this draft would produce blockbuster trades

.. People may think that embiid will be out but guess what he might be back before the new season starts.

So blake griffin played a year after. i dont see why embiid cant do the same i know its bad and he maybe injury prone but hell teams pass on drummond and now they regret in doing so.. but there is also the fear of he is greg oden part 2.

as much as many people thinks parker is nba ready if he falls to the cavs or the bucks he might not even sniff the playoffs .... cavs maybe more likely assuming irving is healthy but ball distribution should be equal ...

wiggins is still my favorite prospect of all ... I am just inspired to see how Kawhi leonard turned out to be.. yes he is still limited offensively i know the ball club is superb but just based on what i see from leonard i think its safe to say that hope for wiggins to be better isnt a long shot. I am not even putting paul george . i want wiggins to be with philly.. i think he and MCW and noel would be big in this league...

again people who thinks that wiggins maybe overrated... but does kawhi leonard have exceptional handle? when leonard was in college he didnt even dribble the ball too often...

to me parker is a SF of brandon roy... his offensive game ...

wiggins a corey brewer ? thankfully we arent GM's...

at the end of the day its still a miss or hit ...

But i still think wiggins will be a superstar even if embiid is healthy.
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:15 AM   #123
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

There is seriously no way that Wiggins busts. Not a chance. Gerald Green comparisons? Seriously? He is already a better player, and Green put up 14ppg this season.

All you gotta do is look at the kid play. Great first step, decent handle, better than advertised jump shot, and elite athleticism. He plays smart too.
Old 06-24-2014, 02:56 AM   #124
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

poido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
There is seriously no way that Wiggins busts. Not a chance. Gerald Green comparisons? Seriously? He is already a better player, and Green put up 14ppg this season.

All you gotta do is look at the kid play. Great first step, decent handle, better than advertised jump shot, and elite athleticism. He plays smart too.

You should have a look at his draft video on YouTube.

His handles aren't great, he is good in a straight line, but struggles to beat opponents off the dribble (turnover prone). He should be able to compensate these flaws with athletic put backs and good shooting mechanics, plus he's elite on the fast break too.

He's also a capable defender, he won't be a mega superstar imo but he will be decent. Maybe a Rudy gay with better defense.
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:06 AM   #125
AcquiringSteak
Kids at the park dunk on me

AcquiringSteak has an OK reputation so far

dante exum, hope he get drafted high and does well in the nba

and up the blues
AcquiringSteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 05:00 AM   #126
plowking
well DENG

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123

His handles aren't great, he is good in a straight line, but struggles to beat opponents off the dribble (turnover prone). He should be able to compensate these flaws with athletic put backs and good shooting mechanics, plus he's elite on the fast break too.

He's also a capable defender, he won't be a mega superstar imo but he will be decent. Maybe a Rudy gay with better defense.

He's better than Rudy Gay right now too.

I'm telling you guys. Wait and see.
He's coming into the league in a very similar fashion to Jordan. He's a better defender coming out of college than Jordan was, with a weaker shot, and weaker handle. His first step is on the elite level already.

I don't think he'll put up the stats Jordan did obviously because times are different now, but I guarantee you, he'll be considered a better player than Rudy Gay by mid season.
And he didn't really struggle with his handle this season, he just had far smaller guys defending him. They were able to get away with that in college due to the rules allowing the game to be far more cramped. He'll have so much room in the NBA, and they're going to have to get guys his size to guard him otherwise he'll just go over them.

He's putting up 16-22ppg in his rookie season. I guarantee it. I'll leave the board if he doesn't barring injury.
Old 06-24-2014, 07:06 AM   #127
tragicbronson
I hit open 5-footers

tragicbronson has not been impressing people

How will top 10 go in my opinion

1. Wiggins (Cavs) Safe pick, no danger of becoming a bust
2. Parker (Bucks) Safe pick, i think predictions on his game are spot on
3. Embiid (76ers) Bust alert, injuries could ruin his career
4. Randle (Magic) Safe pick, but slightly overrated i'd say
5. Gordon (Jazz) Safe pick, not gonna be a superstar but a winner and glue guy, will always have a place on NBA team, i hope he starts with the good one
6. Vonleh (Celtics) Bust alert, bip bip bip, if i'd had to pick one guy who i think is going to bust that would be the one, he is raw by all means and his biggest talent is his physicality.
7. Exum (Lakers) Overrated, i think ˇ is better
8. Smart (Kings) Safe pick, winner, competitive guy, is not a shooter but is stronger and a leader, could be ROY
9. Saric (Hornets) Safe pick, typical european forward but without softness. Hardworker, leader, winner, emotional player, will do all the things to get you the W.
10. Harris (76ers) Maybe i am too high on this guy but in league without many good shooting guards who could be a very important and valuable player. True sg
tragicbronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:07 AM   #128
El Gato Negro
I get buckets.

El Gato Negro is considered somewhat coolEl Gato Negro is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123

watching highlight videos is not a good way to tell what kind of player someone is. having watched him all year this kids going to be dam good.
El Gato Negro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:11 AM   #129
kurple
NBA All-star

kurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking

when you say look at the kid play, you mean youtube highlight right?

cause i saw a lot of weaknesses this college season (followed it closely becaus Denver was back in the lottery)

Wiggins has bad handles, major lack of agressiveness (his biggest weakness), a pretty overrated defence and an just OK jump shot

he's crazy athletic, with a nice shooting form and potential on the defensive end

but he's nowhere near close to a finished product. unless he wants to end up as corey brewer
kurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:47 AM   #130
Wavves
Blaze it up fgt

Wavves is popular on this boardWavves is popular on this boardWavves is popular on this boardWavves is popular on this board

Anyone else as high on Elfrid Payton as I am?

I think he'll be the best PG in the class.
Wavves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:59 AM   #131
Rondooooooooooo
Liquid Swordsman

Rondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragicbronson
How will top 10 go in my opinion

1. Wiggins (Cavs) Safe pick, no danger of becoming a bust
2. Parker (Bucks) Safe pick, i think predictions on his game are spot on
3. Embiid (76ers) Bust alert, injuries could ruin his career
4. Randle (Magic) Safe pick, but slightly overrated i'd say
5. Gordon (Jazz) Safe pick, not gonna be a superstar but a winner and glue guy, will always have a place on NBA team, i hope he starts with the good one
6. Vonleh (Celtics) Bust alert, bip bip bip, if i'd had to pick one guy who i think is going to bust that would be the one, he is raw by all means and his biggest talent is his physicality.
7. Exum (Lakers) Overrated, i think ˇ is better
8. Smart (Kings) Safe pick, winner, competitive guy, is not a shooter but is stronger and a leader, could be ROY
9. Saric (Hornets) Safe pick, typical european forward but without softness. Hardworker, leader, winner, emotional player, will do all the things to get you the W.
10. Harris (76ers) Maybe i am too high on this guy but in league without many good shooting guards who could be a very important and valuable player. True sg

With all the hype surrounding exum, no way he drops to 7
Rondooooooooooo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:07 AM   #132
tragicbronson
I hit open 5-footers

tragicbronson has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavves
Anyone else as high on Elfrid Payton as I am?

I think he'll be the best PG in the class.

Not really, could go both ways, i am not so sure that he will become a good player but i can't really tell that i am sure that he won't.
tragicbronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:28 AM   #133
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

poido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gato Negro
watching highlight videos is not a good way to tell what kind of player someone is. having watched him all year this kids going to be dam good.

I agree but the draft tape does the dirty work already from people who watch every game closely.

It's glaringly obvious he has flaws that usually don't get fixed once in the nba. He can improve on his weaknesses sure, but u generally need the basics down pat before u can even contemplate improving these areas.
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:29 AM   #134
plowking
well DENG

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurple

cause i saw a lot of weaknesses this college season (followed it closely becaus Denver was back in the lottery)

Wiggins has bad handles, major lack of agressiveness (his biggest weakness), a pretty overrated defence and an just OK jump shot

Bad handles? No. He had smaller guys guarding him to try and take away his handle. Even with his limited handles, he has a variety of go to moves even in early stages of becoming a better ball handler.
Another thing about the aggressiveness. It's college. Plenty of players have been limited by their college system and turned into great players in the NBA. While the opposite is also true. You see great scorers who are the go to guy on their team end up like Douglas Roberts, barely cracking a team. Wiggins wasn't the problem, it was the system. I think he had something like the 7th highest usage rating on the team despite being the clear cut best player. If they got him the ball more, they would have won. That is on the coach.
His defense and jumpshot are fine. His jumpshot will only get better with time, particularly when you consider how athletic he is, and how he would have gotten by without it all his schooling life. In the NBA he'll learn how to utilize it, and will eventually become a great shooter. Has all the mechanics for a great shot.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:58 AM   #135
Fork
Serious playground baller

Fork is a pretty well-respected posterFork is a pretty well-respected posterFork is a pretty well-respected posterFork is a pretty well-respected poster

Just wondering what Philly will pull off. The trade from last year came out of nowhere
Fork is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: