Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-19-2007, 04:56 PM   #1
kp117
I brick open layups

kp117 has an OK reputation so far
Default Are Jermaine O'neal post moves wrongfully overlooked

I just finished reading the "KG unselfish" thread, and thought to myself; just how equally good JO post moves are, considering he uses BOTH hands on either side of the block.

Why do people hate on JO, by giving his top 3 post moves no mention?
kp117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 05:02 PM   #2
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Are Jermaine O'neal post moves wrongfully overlooked

Because the clown falls in love with the jump shot more than going downlow and showing those low post moves that give u an intense boner. I'm sorry but when i see my big man who can get two easy downlow shooting jumpers like Rip Hamilton or fadeaways like Kobe Bryant I'm turned off. He has excellant footwork but its hard to praise it when you see the guy shooting stupid jump shots.

He's currently shooting 45%. No way he should have 2-12 games.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 05:07 PM   #3
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He's also not a playoff performer, and a physical defender can realy take him out of his game. And if he's going against a good man 2 man defender and the other team also has a deecent weakside helper, it's series over.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 05:11 PM   #4
kp117
I brick open layups

I think he shoots those jumpers because of injuries. NBA plalyers are immensly physical down low. I dont think people realize the pounding these guys take on a nightly basis down low.....why do you think Kobe throws those elbows, to keep those agressive athletic guys from round him
Old 03-19-2007, 05:14 PM   #5
kp117
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
He's also not a playoff performer, and a physical defender can realy take him out of his game. And if he's going against a good man 2 man defender and the other team also has a deecent weakside helper, it's series over.

Yes you right. But there are no players in the league who like to bang, that have as good a post moves as JO. You're basis this assesment on the New Jersey series correct?
Old 03-19-2007, 05:17 PM   #6
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

He's got great post moves, and as I've said before, if he could stay healthy he's what Rasheed Wallace couldve been if he were aggressive enough.

I think even down in the post though Jermaine goes to tha turnaround jumper too much instead of higher percentage shots like ummm... fighting to get a easy dunk or layup. But this guy could be an MVP calibre big man if he could stay off the bench and on the floor. Its tough for the Pacers to have to rely on him so much because he can't stay healthy, I think it would be best if he were traded or they bring in another superstar like Pierce.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 05:20 PM   #7
ExpatSunsFan
Local High School Star

ExpatSunsFan has an OK reputation so far

Has JO ever shot over 50% in a season?
ExpatSunsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 05:22 PM   #8
Vendetta
Banned

Vendetta has an OK reputation so far

For someone who gets bashed so hard because of a "lack of moves/post game"... Dwight Howard is what? 2ppg behind O'Neal? And shooting a ****load better from the field?

Athleticism baby... gotta love it.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 05:24 PM   #9
kp117
I brick open layups

Even still, It obvious his low post talent is revered throughout the coaching ranks; As he was voted to the All-Star team. I would imaginge opposing coaches wet their pants when they see JO on the block, going to his OFF HAND to finish a dunk.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:25 PM   #10
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Dwight is like a robot. He needs to spend a month at Pete Newells big man camp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatSunsFan
Has JO ever shot over 50% in a season?

Nope. And injuries arent a reason he hasnt either.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 05:28 PM   #11
kp117
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Dwight is like a robot. He needs to spend a month at Pete Newells big man camp.

Nope. And injuries arent a reason he hasnt either.

Post moves like JO, Garnett, Randolph, Bosh, Can not be taught. They are sort of like handles. No matter how many drills you do, you will NEVER have handle like AI/Baron
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: