Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-19-2007, 01:26 PM   #1
BBallBeatwriter
Decent playground baller

BBallBeatwriter has no real reputation yet.
Default tampering with Durant Danny Ainge has no integrity

What is your take on Ainge talking to Durant? Boston wasn't the only team doing this, but Ainge should have more class and integrity than to talk to a kid in the midst of the NCAA Tourney, let alone while he's still at school. It's not even a garauntee that Boston will even land the first two picks or Durant. I can't see anything other than this being Ainge trying to talk Durant into coming out this year and entering the draft. I'ts not like he's trying to recruit him to play i9n Boston.
BBallBeatwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 01:29 PM   #2
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: tampering with Durant Danny Ainge has no integrity

Quote:
What is your take on Ainge talking to Durant?
It doesn't make that much difference to me.

He's coming out pretty much no matter what. The largest effect Ainge could have on him is giving him a positive impression of the Celtics organization, which at the best would stop Durant from pulling a ____ and not wanting to play for them. And if that's the case (that he'd be the type of player to do that), I wouldn't want him on my team anyway.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 01:30 PM   #3
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallBeatwriter
What is your take on Ainge talking to Durant? Boston wasn't the only team doing this, but Ainge should have more class and integrity than to talk to a kid in the midst of the NCAA Tourney, let alone while he's still at school. It's not even a garauntee that Boston will even land the first two picks or Durant. I can't see anything other than this being Ainge trying to talk Durant into coming out this year and entering the draft. I'ts not like he's trying to recruit him to play i9n Boston.
Was he talking to Durant personally? I thought it was his family, but it's still not good.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 01:52 PM   #4
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Hmmm, if I see Ainge around UT I'll make sure to throw rocks at him.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 02:03 PM   #5
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star

JohnnyBravo5 has an OK reputation so far

Poetic Justice would be for them to end up with the 3rd pick so they miss out on both Durant and Oden.
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 02:07 PM   #6
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

don't see what the big deal is. it's the lottery's decision where durant goes, not danny ainge's or durant's (unless he pulls a steve francis and forces a mega trade).
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 02:41 PM   #7
jaja
Great young streetballer

jaja has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
ainge gets a major pass here by the media. imagine if isiah had done the same thing
jaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:24 PM   #8
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
He talked to Durant's mother, not Durant himself. Like many BBallBeatwriters you apparently don't check your facts.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:33 PM   #9
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaja
ainge gets a major pass here by the media. imagine if isiah had done the same thing

Ummm maybe thats because the media that covers him is the toughest media in the nation ie New York. Runner ups being Philadelphia.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:36 PM   #10
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejordan
don't see what the big deal is. it's the lottery's decision where durant goes, not danny ainge's or durant's (unless he pulls a steve francis and forces a mega trade).

No big deal except it was shown on tv constantly and Durants mother was even interviewed by an espn reporter as well. The amount of coverage that image of Danny Ainge sitting next to Durants mother got is what made it a big deal. If it wasnt given much attention or even overlooked by chance (doubtful since it was a big game)...its a non issue.

Lots of GM's have been at college games during the season and some now. Heck Billy King has been to games. But since the media caught Danny boy sitting next to Durants parents then ehhhh it wasnt a good look.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:44 PM   #11
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

this kind of stuff happens all the time with prospective first round picks, prospective free agents, big trades ready to go down, etc...

for instance, Malone's agent invited Phil jackson to a Pearl Jam concert in 2003, saying he had no intentions of discussing Malone (not allwoed at the time) but at the concert, the line was crossed.

the only difference is Ainge was foolish enough to get caught.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 04:06 PM   #12
allball
National High School Star

allball has decent reputationallball has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
this kind of stuff happens all the time with prospective first round picks, prospective free agents, big trades ready to go down, etc...

for instance, Malone's agent invited Phil jackson to a Pearl Jam concert in 2003, saying he had no intentions of discussing Malone (not allwoed at the time) but at the concert, the line was crossed.

the only difference is Ainge was foolish enough to get caught.

Malone was already a pro though.

Ainge could have at least waited until after the season. what was funny was Durant's moms saying she didnt even know who he was after old boy put her on blast at the Big 12 tournament.

Ainge is such a schmuck. and what would a Pierce / Durant pairing produce?

lots of offensive skill but too much redundancy.
allball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 04:12 PM   #13
Celts34
Kiss my converse!!!

Celts34 has an OK reputation so far

The reason that this is a joke is because I'm pretty sure that Danny Ainge wouldn't purposely say make sure I get a ticket next to Durants mother. He has nothing to gain and everything to lose. Because who knows if the the Celtics are going to win the lottery or finish 2nd so that they could select him. And who knows if Durant is going to come out.

I think the whole situation was a simple mistake. League rules spell out pretty clearly, that NBA teams can't even think about talking to or about college underclassmen. You can get fined, or lose future draft picks. So why the hell would he purposely have a seat right next to the Durant' mother on a nationally televised game.
Celts34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 04:22 PM   #14
allball
National High School Star

allball has decent reputationallball has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celts34
The reason that this is a joke is because I'm pretty sure that Danny Ainge wouldn't purposely say make sure I get a ticket next to Durants mother. He has nothing to gain and everything to lose. Because who knows if the the Celtics are going to win the lottery or finish 2nd so that they could select him. And who knows if Durant is going to come out.

I think the whole situation was a simple mistake. League rules spell out pretty clearly, that NBA teams can't even think about talking to or about college underclassmen. You can get fined, or lose future draft picks. So why the hell would he purposely have a seat right next to the Durant' mother on a nationally televised game.

I'm sure it was coincidence that the guy with the potential first pick landed a seat next to the potential top pick's mother. happens all the time I'm sure.
allball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 04:31 PM   #15
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celts34

Yeah because Danny Ainge was actually seated before his parents arrived. Only words said was "Excuse me" as they got past.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: