Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-19-2007, 03:00 PM   #16
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

Default Re: Which star suffers the most non-calls?

Shaq and Yao, The two hardest guys to officate. These guys get hacked everytime they touch the ball and make a move towards the basket. With their back to the basket, all it takes is a flop for them to get called for an offensive foul. Not fair at all.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:01 PM   #17
TheHonestTruth
Banned

Yao Ming. He's big and foreign.
TheHonestTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:07 PM   #18
BonyFaceNDong
I hit open 5-footers

Yao hands down. Players can tackle him, hit him hard on the head and knock him down to the ground, hit him in the waist while he's in the air, slap him in the face, leave 10 inch blood on his arms without being called fouls.
BonyFaceNDong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:10 PM   #19
Mayweather
I brick open layups

I 2nd on Yao. A lot of his TOs were non-call fouls.
Mayweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:24 PM   #20
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

I can't say who the most but I will say Bosh gets hacked and slapped a lot but he never argues, he's become immune to it.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:26 PM   #21
Force
National High School Star

Over his career, Shaq might have been fouled the most without getting calls. He still gets whistles, but guys were allowed to maul him until they actually called the foul. Also, if you notice, he is the only guy (Yao too many times) who refs let defenders use two arms to push him out in the post...it's supposed to be an automatic foul
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:36 PM   #22
KWALI
erudite

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
dont ever say tim duncan. he gets more calls than anyone in the nba.

As for the shaq stuff, he gets mauled alot without calls but if the game was called according to the rules people wouldnt need to foul him to be able to guard him so i dont really count him.

That's totally false....most of the time SHAQ is fouled b4 he even gets the ball...he usually starts to give out punishment once he gets the ball and he does a lot of bull running.....but by that time they've already fouled him.....

if players knew the leverage game and established their own position they would draw a lot more charges on SHAQ...but since they just go all out using two hands and pushing him and trying to root him out (Yao too) with their knee....The Refs can't help them becuz they haven't established position.

it's one of the most misunderstood things ever...the other is the restrining circle...wasn't that supposd to be teh area in whcich you couldn't draw a foul on a finishing player...now all of a sudden it's called like an area where you can't make contact with an offensive player...that isn't right and it violates the princple of verticality...if I am in the restraining circle i should still be able to go straight up ....I just won't be able to draw a charge if I get run over....It shouldn't be a foul on me for just being there If I am there first

dumb calls/rules

Last edited by KWALI : 03-19-2007 at 03:47 PM.
KWALI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:40 PM   #23
Loki
Banned

Dirk and Yao imo.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:42 PM   #24
el_locoteee
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
Dirk and Yao imo.

Dirk? pls
el_locoteee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:44 PM   #25
Diesel J
NBA lottery pick

Shaq easily
Diesel J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:45 PM   #26
KWALI
erudite

I haven't watched as much as I used to but DIRK? Yao I am definetly with you on but when I watch Dirk is getting plenty of iffy calls......but then again agains teh Raps and NY everyone get's iffy calls i9n their favour

Stephon Marbury any other Pg gets banged like him on a lay-up well except (TJ and Calderon) and it's a and1....This guy goes chest to chest with people bounces off no foul...Nash gets a hand check touch on the hip..lays it up AND1!...then Nash walks totneh line licking his fingers
Old 03-19-2007, 03:46 PM   #27
raiderfan19
Shazam!

dirk does have a place on this list but its mostly balanced out because he gets some touch calls too. The thing about dirk is that when hes guarded by smaller guys, he gets pushed on with both hands the way shaq does and the size differential at least weight wise is usually closer than the differential between shaq and whoever guards him. He also gets hammered alot on drives with no calls.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:50 PM   #28
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

Quote:
dirk does have a place on this list but its mostly balanced out because he gets some touch calls too. The thing about dirk is that when hes guarded by smaller guys, he gets pushed on with both hands the way shaq does and the size differential at least weight wise is usually closer than the differential between shaq and whoever guards him. He also gets hammered alot on drives with no calls.
i agree with this assessment of dirk. he does get pushed by the smaller guys (who tend to get away with that stuff against him, kg, and bosh), and he tends to get slapped when he drives. but he also gets the touch calls on his pullups. same with kobe actually. people slap him on drives and he takes a lot of post contact, but he'll got to the line on jumpers. it might be when guys have reps as shooters they get shooter calls instead of post calls. don't know.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:50 PM   #29
KWALI
erudite

Quote:

hammered on drives I don't see but guards man handling him in teh post yeah that happens a lot people think they can cover him wit guards...but in teh high post or foullin extended its over for anyone.....WHen he tried to post Bowen and Co. last year they could bother him down there but fouline extended He's Da God
Old 03-19-2007, 04:33 PM   #30
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

I wouldn't say "star", but Delonte West never gets any calls. Son drives to the bucket so much, never gets a call. West always has a look of pure disdain towards refs after every no call, I find it hilarious. Never opens his mouth, either.

I've said this before, but for some reason, Allan Ray gets calls. I don't know why. Gerald will do the same thing five times and not get a call, but if Allan Ray gets fouled, it's called.

Any Boston fans concur?
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: