Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-19-2007, 12:36 PM   #1
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster
Default This for that.

Describe how each team would function if this player were traded straight-up for that player. And don't gimme any "salary doesn't match" crap.

Luol Deng for Tayshaun Prince

Corey Maggette for Ricky Davis

Raymond Felton for Maurice Williams

Mark Blount for Zydrunas Ilgauskas

Marcus Camby for Samuel Dalembert

Rafer Alston for Jamaal Tinsley

Anderson Varejao for Jeff Foster

Go!
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:40 PM   #2
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: This for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
Describe how each team would function if this player were traded straight-up for that player. And don't gimme any "salary doesn't match" crap.

Luol Deng for Tayshaun Prince

Anderson Varejao for Jeff Foster

Go!

I'm going to give insight for only 2.

Deng for Tay.

The pistons would lose lots of the great chemistry they have and lose the shot blocking. Deng is a better scorer tho. BUt it would hurt the pistons and I think it would also hurt the bulls the bulls more than the pistons tho.

CM for RD

I think it would help the wolves out and cm would be MUCH happyer if he got some playtime. And away from the coach but I don't think that rd is gonna help the clipps much. I don't think it would hurt them much either tho.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:40 PM   #3
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Oh my! The Rockets go on a 10 games winning streak!
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:43 PM   #4
Vendetta
Banned

Vendetta has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantonli
Oh my! The Rockets go on a 10 games winning streak!

Not really. Alston is a better shooter and a better fit for that team because McGrady would still handle the ball more than Tinsley.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:48 PM   #5
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
I'm going to give insight for only 2.

Deng for Tay.

The pistons would lose lots of the great chemistry they have and lose the shot blocking. Deng is a better scorer tho. BUt it would hurt the pistons and I think it would also hurt the bulls the bulls more than the pistons tho.

CM for RD

I think it would help the wolves out and cm would be MUCH happyer if he got some playtime. And away from the coach but I don't think that rd is gonna help the clipps much. I don't think it would hurt them much either tho.
I'll respond to your responses:

Do the Pistons really lose a lot of shot-blocking? Prince blocks fewer than one shot a game, and I believe only .1 more per game than Deng. I do agree, however, that the Pistons lose some defense, but gain some slashing. I'd be very interested to see Prince's post-up abilities in Chicago. They don't seem to be able to come across a traditional post player, and I wonder how Prince's proficiency in posting up smaller swingmen would work for the Bulls. Also, Prince has the range that Deng lacks. I'd really like to see Prince in a bigger role than he's in now, which is part of the reason I put this one in there.

I think a Maggette-Davis swap would help both teams considerably. From Minnesota's perspective, they get a player that attacks the hoop, which they currently lack. The Clippers get a wing player who can be quite helpful with ballhandling and distributing, which is a plus considering LA's broken point guard situation.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:49 PM   #6
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta
Not really. Alston is a better shooter and a better fit for that team because McGrady would still handle the ball more than Tinsley.
I agree with this. Part of my motivation for bringing up Alston-Tinsley is Houston fans' tendency to knock Alston's point guard abilities, when the primary thing they need him to do is hit open shots. It can be likened to millenial Laker fans getting mad at Derek Fisher.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:37 PM   #7
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
I'll respond to your responses:

Do the Pistons really lose a lot of shot-blocking? Prince blocks fewer than one shot a game, and I believe only .1 more per game than Deng. I do agree, however, that the Pistons lose some defense, but gain some slashing. I'd be very interested to see Prince's post-up abilities in Chicago. They don't seem to be able to come across a traditional post player, and I wonder how Prince's proficiency in posting up smaller swingmen would work for the Bulls. Also, Prince has the range that Deng lacks. I'd really like to see Prince in a bigger role than he's in now, which is part of the reason I put this one in there.

I think a Maggette-Davis swap would help both teams considerably. From Minnesota's perspective, they get a player that attacks the hoop, which they currently lack. The Clippers get a wing player who can be quite helpful with ballhandling and distributing, which is a plus considering LA's broken point guard situation.

Davis is cancer. Hurts the team in the long run.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:39 PM   #8
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

all those players are the same and most are unimportant.

what if Kobe and Nash switched teams? Nash and Gilbert? Nash and Lebron? Nash and Shaq?
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 02:40 PM   #9
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He's not really a cancer. Please explain that.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 02:42 PM   #10
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Although I don't think Biz Z would be rejuvinated in Minny, I could definately see him having a major impact on a number of teams. Think about him possibly coming off the bench for Dallas, or playing center for LA. Teams could really benefit from this guy. A comparison to Mark Blount (despite how well Blount's been playing) is hardly justified IMO.
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 02:43 PM   #11
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Maggette would thrive in Minny, Davis will just hurt the Clippers. I'd rather deal Maggette for Eric Snow and a first or something then get Davis.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 02:48 PM   #12
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Davis seems to be pretty underrated, never notcied that before.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 02:51 PM   #13
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Maggette would thrive in Minny, Davis will just hurt the Clippers. I'd rather deal Maggette for Eric Snow and a first or something then get Davis.

Yep Yep.

Man you know what you be talking about but we need to keep the snow man for ball control.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:52 PM   #14
despurs
High School JV MVP

despurs has an OK reputation so far

Camby >>>>>>>>> dalembert
despurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:01 PM   #15
Comedy Central
Kids at the park dunk on me

Comedy Central has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Luol Deng for Tayshaun Prince!

Luol Deng is the better individual player whereas Prince is more of a team player and therefore needs pistons system a bit more. So I think Pistons will benifit slightly more from this trade.

Quote:

Maggette isn't the clearcut better player here but I believe the wolves will be better off with him. James, Davis and Foyle overlap quite a bit in terms of playing style and productivity, it's better to have some variety on the team. Maggette is great at penetrating the lane and getting fouls, that can be a backup plan when the wolves struggle with their monotone offence. Just stick him at 3 and push Foyle to 2 it will go pretty smoothly imo.

And it's a downgrade to the clippers.

Quote:

Maurice Williams is more like a shooting guard who plays at PG, whereas Raymond Felton is a pass first pg, or at least purer than Mo, and we all know how rare yet important passing pgs are these days.

Quote:

Z can rebound, defend and has a whole set of low post moves, that makes him a better player than Blount. Wolves gain much more on this deal.

Quote:

Camby is clearly better than Samuel as of now, but Samuel on the other hand is much younger than Camby so I guess it's up to whether you want instant results or plan to rebuild. Since the sixers are clearly looking at the long run (if not they should) it's better for them to have Samuel.

Quote:

Tinsley is clearly the better player, Houstons offence will benifit a lot with him being the floor general.

And it's no good for the pacers.

Quote:
Anderson Varejao for Jeff Foster!

An upgrade for the Cavs.
Comedy Central is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: