Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-19-2007, 12:24 PM   #16
Comedy Central
Kids at the park dunk on me

Comedy Central has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: LeBron for mvp

sorry but the mvp this year is definitely coming out of the Western conference.

Last edited by Comedy Central : 03-19-2007 at 01:14 PM.
Comedy Central is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:26 PM   #17
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonterry
lol lebron has the ball in his hands a LOT more than dirk and only averages 2 more assists than dirk. you're such a homer it's ridiculous. don't worry lebron will win an MVP or two, just not this year

Yeah it isn't in his hands because other people on the mavs can score and create for themselves. Winning mavs games without dirk. I also bet that the mavs would win without dirk. Stack comes in steps up jt steps up howard puts in a few more rebounds and points. And thats exactly what happens when lebron sat out.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:28 PM   #18
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
You'd need a pretty compelling case to convince me that the MVP award should go to some guy who's team is currently 13 wins behind the best record in the league.

Ok, yeah, when lebron has an allstar and a very decent point guard get back to me.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:29 PM   #19
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

its too little too late. The first half of the season when he looked like he didnt even want to take his warmups off has limited his consideration. He has been really wanting it these last couple of weeks, but again, team sucess and all that does play a role. Maybe next year kid.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:29 PM   #20
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
this is his argument: Lebron is amazing, lebron is so good, just watch lebron, he's so good. Therefore, he's MVP.

Thats your argument about dirk...

I stated the numbers and the facts.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:39 PM   #21
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
Ok, yeah, when lebron has an allstar and a very decent point guard get back to me.
Why does he need a very good point guard?

With the way you talk about Larry Hughes, James shouldn't need this "very decent" point guard you're talking about.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:41 PM   #22
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
Why does he need a very good point guard?

With the way you talk about Larry Hughes, James shouldn't need this "very decent" point guard you're talking about.

If your talking about the duos thing.

I would obviously being VERY sarcastic. LMao.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:42 PM   #23
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
His numbers are better. 2 more points 3 less rebounds and 2 more assists. Thats Better to me.

Also lebron doesn't get the kind of looks dirk gets. Hes got jt and howard.

If lebron had those in place of hughes and gibson. He would avg 10 assists and his fg% would be higher from easy looks the give him.

Aside from the fact that this is pure speculation, Lebron also has the ball in his hands more than Dirk while playing more minutes, giving him ample opportunity to score more and net more assists. Now if you were to give Lebron better players, he would likely have the ball in his hands less, perhaps netting fewer assists than he is now as well as shooting the ball less and scoring fewer points. JT would be the point guard and Lebron wouldn't run the offense. Also, with Howard rebounding, Lebron is bound to end up getting fewer rebounds as well.

No, Dirk has better numbers than Lebron this year, taking into account everything, including efficiency... It doesn't mean that Dirk is a better player though.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:44 PM   #24
STelfair31
National High School Star

STelfair31 has decent reputation

Does Lebron not put the Cavs around the top of the standings....and his #'s are good...

HE SHOULD BE MVP IF NASH WINS 3 STRAIGHT IT'S BECAUSE HE WHITE!!!
STelfair31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:45 PM   #25
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
Aside from the fact that this is pure speculation, Lebron also has the ball in his hands more than Dirk while playing more minutes, giving him ample opportunity to score more and net more assists. Now if you were to give Lebron better players, he would likely have the ball in his hands less, perhaps netting fewer assists than he is now as well as shooting the ball less and scoring fewer points. JT would be the point guard and Lebron wouldn't run the offense. Also, with Howard rebounding, Lebron is bound to end up getting fewer rebounds as well.

No, Dirk has better numbers than Lebron this year, taking into account everything, including efficiency... It doesn't mean that Dirk is a better player though.

Obviously its all speculation. But I would think lebron would still get his dimes. Because he is pass first. If someone is open. HE WILL find them. So He would drive and kick for the easy 3 to jt or howard. Plus him and jt screen and roll would be nasty. About the rebounds I doubt he loses any. But he could just as easily.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:47 PM   #26
jasonterry
Banned

jasonterry has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by STelfair31
Does Lebron not put the Cavs around the top of the standings....and his #'s are good...

HE SHOULD BE MVP IF NASH WINS 3 STRAIGHT IT'S BECAUSE HE WHITE!!!

yeah it's because nash is white. even though half the coaches think Nash is hands down the best player in the league, and his team has the 2nd best record. It's only because he's white. and i'm sure lebron being black has nothing to do with his marketability.
jasonterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:49 PM   #27
jasonterry
Banned

jasonterry has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Obviously its all speculation. But I would think lebron would still get his dimes. Because he is pass first. If someone is open. HE WILL find them. So He would drive and kick for the easy 3 to jt or howard. Plus him and jt screen and roll would be nasty. About the rebounds I doubt he loses any. But he could just as easily.

LOLOLOL. why would a lebron-JT screen and roll work?? no one respects lebro's shot at all.. you sound like you never watch basketball. howard is a streaky shooter who never passes the ball unless he loses his dribble. you have some serious delusions, dude.
jasonterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 01:05 PM   #28
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:

Lebron is pass first, but with the ball in his hands less, I don't think he'll pick up assists. I think the assists he would pick up by having better teammates would be nullified by those he'd lose because of not having the ball in his hands as often. I don't think he would pass the ball less. I think he would have fewer opportunities to actually makes passes, though the score rate on his passes would likely increase. I'd see Lebron's assist numbers going down or staying the same.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 01:06 PM   #29
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
Lebron is pass first, but with the ball in his hands less, I don't think he'll pick up assists. I think the assists he would pick up by having better teammates would be nullified by those he'd lose because of not having the ball in his hands as often. I don't think he would pass the ball less. I think he would have fewer opportunities to actually makes passes, though the score rate on his passes would likely increase. I'd see Lebron's assist numbers going down or staying the same.
that sounds pretty much right. that's what happened to mj and isiah.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 01:33 PM   #30
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
LOLOLOL. why would a lebron-JT screen and roll work?? no one respects lebro's shot at all.. you sound like you never watch basketball. howard is a streaky shooter who never passes the ball unless he loses his dribble. you have some serious delusions, dude.

LeBron screen for terry you dumbass lmao.

And jt either hits lebron for the big jam or Pulls up for a J.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: