Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-19-2007, 04:58 AM   #16
Sword.Dragons
Good High School Starter

Sword.Dragons has decent reputation
Default Re: Kinda OT - What type of block do you prefer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketball_man22
sure blocks from front are good but when u come from behinde u have to catch up to the ofensiv playa say there on a fast break u come from behinde and u catch up and they are thinking its a easy open layup then whamm get that out of here. the best block in the world was from behinde by tayshawn prince.

You said the same thing about 8 times in that paragraph.
Sword.Dragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 04:59 AM   #17
JMEWLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketball_man22
sure blocks from front are good but when u come from behinde u have to catch up to the ofensiv playa say there on a fast break u come from behinde and u catch up and they are thinking its a easy open layup then whamm get that out of here. the best block in the world was from behinde by tayshawn prince.
Thats one long sentence, lol.

Is it just my bad reading or does this not make sense?
Old 03-19-2007, 05:01 AM   #18
Sword.Dragons
Good High School Starter

Sword.Dragons has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMEWLS
Thats one long sentence, lol.

Is it just my bad reading or does this not make sense?

It doesn't, he said the same thing over and over.
Sword.Dragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 05:03 AM   #19
P-Forty21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sword.Dragons

lol hahaha he did too...
Old 03-19-2007, 05:03 AM   #20
Catch'N'Shoot
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Catch'N'Shoot has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
But if you saw the Prince on Reggie block in a regular season game. Somewhere in the first quarter, would you still remember that block? Probably not, sure that block will go down as one of the best. But excluding what the situation was, would most of us still remember?
The block itself wasn't that great, but the situation it was in made it memorable.
Catch'N'Shoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 05:04 AM   #21
JMEWLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sword.Dragons
he's new cut him some slack.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM
Old 03-19-2007, 05:08 AM   #22
JMEWLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch'N'Shoot
The block itself wasn't that great, but the situation it was in made it memorable.
Thats what im trying to say, the only reason why this block was so amazing was because of the situation it was in. You put that same block in the regular season in the 1st quarter, and basically no one would remember.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:11 AM   #23
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Block from behind cause it's all about flat out hustle.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:17 PM   #24
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Me and my friend are arguing...

What type of block is better?
He's arguing that a block from behind is way better a block infront of your man.

I think its a block infront of your man. What do you guys think?
Where you come from to block the shot isn't anywhere near as important as where the ball goes after you block it.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:33 PM   #25
JMEWLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
Where you come from to block the shot isn't anywhere near as important as where the ball goes after you block it.
Yep, thats true.
But the argument was which block was better. It has nothing to do where the ball goes, just what you think is better overall.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:43 PM   #26
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

ClutchCityReturns has decent reputationClutchCityReturns has decent reputation

I prefer blocks that come from an angle, but not necessarily behind the guy, as long as they get pinned or thrown on the glass. It always looks nasty.
ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:43 PM   #27
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Well then, assuming that the same thing happens after the block in both situations, it absolutely doesn't matter to me.

If one looks cooler to you, whatever. I'm much more concerned about what happens after the block.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:47 PM   #28
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

personally the blocks that look the best to me have always been the ones where the guy who does the block controls it himself. I know durant did one earlier this year on somebody but cant remember who. Im not talking about pinning it on the glass and then controlling it. ill try to find a youtube of the type of block im talking about.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:49 PM   #29
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jazzy Nets
block in front but gerald wallace and paul millsap style when they just grab the ball out of the air.

allthought the behind slap off the backboard block is nice also.

That vid is mesmerizing.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:53 PM   #30
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

I prefer coming out of nowhere and getting it really good.. after it leaves the guys hands. a true swat.

my best block ever was in a pickup game and this dude that kind of pissed me off took it in weak/showoffy and tried one of those up and under layups like Lamar Odom did against the Wolves... and I was frustrated so I just swiped at the ball as hard as I could and to my surprise I actually caught it, after it left his hand, right in the middle, and it slammed against the wall behind the basket.

my second greatest was a block on a baseline floater with me descending from the elbow. I was playing with a mean streak that game and I was super amped so the guy kind of puts the floater up from around head-level and I just jump in the air and wildly swat at the air..... I tagged it with just my fingertips, and it was really acrobatic, and I got it so that it went straight up in the air and it fell into my hands when I landed. I know that ball was basket-level when I got it. I don't think I've ever jumped higher than that.

I've probably had better pure blocks but those ones stick in my mind because they were on good players. anyone can swat some tiny scrub that doesn't know what he's doing.

blocking shots is definitely my favorite part of basketball.

Last edited by geeWiz15 : 03-19-2007 at 03:56 PM.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: