Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-19-2007, 02:39 AM   #1
JMEWLS

Default Kinda OT - What type of block do you prefer?

Me and my friend are arguing...

What type of block is better?
He's arguing that a block from behind is way better a block infront of your man.

I think its a block infront of your man. What do you guys think?
Old 03-19-2007, 02:43 AM   #2
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Kinda OT - What type of block do you prefer?

I used to hate it when I blocked a player from behind. We had the worst refs where I played b-ball and they'd always call a foul. You'd get all ball, BAM foul called. Don't get me started on the ****ty refs we had.

I'd say a block in front of your man is better because the dude can't see the person from behind so he can't try to get it out of the way. If you get a block in front, they'd be trying to get it over/around you.
El Kabong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 02:43 AM   #3
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Block in front, because it clears the ball and/or lead to a fastbreak.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 02:43 AM   #4
Darsh
Good college starter

Darsh has decent reputationDarsh has decent reputation

i enjoy both really..

is the question what i find the most aesthetically pleasing? Or which one is actually a more skilled/helpful block?
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 02:46 AM   #5
JMEWLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsh
i enjoy both really..

is the question what i find the most aesthetically pleasing? Or which one is actually a more skilled/helpful block?
I guess in terms of what you like, overall. If you find a pleasing block more appealing then something that will help your team or whatever. Pick what you please.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:47 AM   #6
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well, if your talking about aesthetically pleasing I always enjoy a fast break that results in the player getting his shot blocked from behind. See Tyshawn Prince on Reggie Miller and Hakeem on Rod Strickland.
El Kabong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 02:49 AM   #7
JMEWLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
Well, if your talking about aesthetically pleasing I always enjoy a fast break that results in the player getting his shot blocked from behind. See Tyshawn Prince on Reggie Miller and Hakeem on Rod Strickland.
But if you saw the Prince on Reggie block in a regular season game. Somewhere in the first quarter, would you still remember that block? Probably not, sure that block will go down as one of the best. But excluding what the situation was, would most of us still remember?
Old 03-19-2007, 02:50 AM   #8
Darsh
Good college starter

Darsh has decent reputationDarsh has decent reputation

This is a toughy. I like blocks in all shapes and sizes.

i guess id have to go with blocks from in front of the man. Ben Wallace as just made me appreciate them a whole lot when he spikes it straight down the court, it just looks beastly. So that is the coolest type of block in terms of how it looks, and its probably the most rewarding for a team because of the fast break opportunity it can often create.
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:20 AM   #9
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

One of my best blocks was when a friend of mine was getting ready to shoot a short midrange jumper from the side of the court. It was kind of a fast break stop and shoot. I came flying out of nowhere and swatted the hell out of it like it insulted my mother. Lots of "ahhhhs" from the people playing.

Not that it was that amazing, but 1) it was crucial timing, 2) no one expected it 3) I did send it out of bounds pretty good.

I used to love it when a guy would try all kinds of fakes when he was posting me up. I'd stay on my feet and then he'd go to throw it up and I'd swat it back. Not saying it happened a lot, but it was one of the more rewarding blocks.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:29 AM   #10
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

i like it when instead of swatting the ball, just grab it in mid-air like a rebound ala barkley
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:33 AM   #11
New Jazzy Nets
New Uni's 2010-2011

New Jazzy Nets has an OK reputation so far

block in front but gerald wallace and paul millsap style when they just grab the ball out of the air.

allthought the behind slap off the backboard block is nice also.
New Jazzy Nets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:34 AM   #12
JMEWLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig
i like it when instead of swatting the ball, just grab it in mid-air like a rebound ala barkley
I love them type of blocks doesn't happen to often now. But those blocks are ones i really like..

So the question people.. Which block is better?
Old 03-19-2007, 04:54 AM   #13
P-Forty21

from behind...cos they think they have an open shot/layup and u jus come from behind and block them
Old 03-19-2007, 04:55 AM   #14
Sword.Dragons
Good High School Starter

Sword.Dragons has decent reputation

A block where the defender doesn't jump.. and still blocks the **** out of the player goin for a layup.. them kinds are hilarious!
Sword.Dragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 04:55 AM   #15
basketball_man22
Can barely lace up my sneakers

basketball_man22 has an OK reputation so far
Exclamation Re: Kinda OT - What type of block do you prefer?

sure blocks from front are good but when u come from behinde u have to catch up to the ofensiv playa say there on a fast break u come from behinde and u catch up and they are thinking its a easy open layup then whamm get that out of here. the best block in the world was from behinde by tayshawn prince.
basketball_man22 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: