Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-19-2007, 06:56 PM   #46
Psileas
NBA lottery pick

Psileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: what's the worst MJ moment?

Μοments like "getting dunked by..." or "getting crossed by..." are pretty much meaningless, if they come during a normal game, especially if the "victim" had a good game. Who hasn't been beaten off the dribble or dunked on a few times in his career? If we're talking about big-time/close games, then we'd have a talk. Else, you have to take whole games or series. For me, Jordan's worst moments came during some of his performances against the Pistons in 1988 and 1989.
Psileas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 06:57 PM   #47
kp117
I brick open layups

kp117 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Everytime i see that play i think of the commercial where Young Jordan plays Old Jordan and he says "You reach i'll teach".

Exactly. If what AI did to Jordan happened at the local park, spectators would of laughed him off the court like an outcast.
kp117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 07:02 PM   #48
kp117
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psileas
Μοments like "getting dunked by..." or "getting crossed by..." are pretty much meaningless, if they come during a normal game, especially if the "victim" had a good game. Who hasn't been beaten off the dribble or dunked on a few times in his career?.

You're not a baller. In locker rooms across the league, players HARSHLY berate each other about such things. You looking at the question from a media/historic point of view. While we (the true ballers) are looking at it from a personal/humanistic point of view.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:28 PM   #49
Psileas
NBA lottery pick

Psileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
You're not a baller. In locker rooms across the league, players HARSHLY berate each other about such things. You looking at the question from a media/historic point of view. While we (the true ballers) are looking at it from a personal/humanistic point of view.

Well, that's why coaches are needed at times...I know how embarassing this may seem to a simple-minded player or a typical fan, but for a true professional, a bad overall performance is a worse "moment" than a bad moment (in the literal sense of the word).
Old 03-19-2007, 07:41 PM   #50
kp117
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psileas
Well, that's why coaches are needed at times...I know how embarassing this may seem to a simple-minded player or a typical fan, but for a true professional, a bad overall performance is a worse "moment" than a bad moment (in the literal sense of the word).

Ball players act "professional" in front of the Camera. In real life they're ordinary people. Any "professional" setback MJ ever had is negated by his six championships, so in effect, all that is left are the personal momments. If you don't think Patrick Ewing doesn't remember when Pippen Dunked/pushed down on him; you're fooling your self.

Just cus you make a lot of money and play at the highest level doesn't make you impervious to emotion.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:45 PM   #51
Derek
Good High School Starter

Derek has an OK reputation so far

-Blowing a breakaway dunk against the Knicks in the '92 playoffs

-Getting dunked on by Starks in the '93 playoffs, though Horace Grant should get half the blame

-Getting his ankles broken by Iverson

-Blowing a dunk as a Wizard in the All-Star game

-Blowing a breakaway dunk against the Lakers around '91
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 07:49 PM   #52
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

Take Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation here

"Jam" video w/ Michael Jackson
Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 07:50 PM   #53
number23
Decent playground baller

number23 has an OK reputation so far

Who cares when you can simply reply to those who dare to abuse you, that you were the G.O.A.T.

On that note, not winning 8.
number23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 07:59 PM   #54
Psileas
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Ball players act "professional" in front of the Camera. In real life they're ordinary people. Any "professional" setback MJ ever had is negated by his six championships, so in effect, all that is left are the personal momments. If you don't think Patrick Ewing doesn't remember when Pippen Dunked/pushed down on him; you're fooling your self.

Just cus you make a lot of money and play at the highest level doesn't make you impervious to emotion.

Problem is, the creator of the topic didn't specify exactly what he meant, despite the examples he gave. Like you said, we're looking at different angles. But I can't really believe that plenty of players won't feel at least equally embarassed/angry after a big-game stinker, compared to a bad moment. Concerning MJ, I don't think I've even seen him more furious than the night where LaBradford Smith lit him up with 37 points and outscored him 37-25. He even showed furious during the game itself, despite the fact that Jordan, during games, only got mad like this during quarrels with opponents (see Knicks, 1992).
Only exception may be after a couple of Playoff losses, and this was due to a team failure, not a personal embarassment.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:19 PM   #55
-primetime-

when he beat his wife...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: