Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-18-2007, 10:58 PM   #16
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

Default Re: What Pairing Of Current Superstars Could Match The Dominance Of The Shaq/Kobe Era?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
Nash/LeBron

Wade/KG

Dirk/Pierce

Vince/Duncan

Kidd/Bosh/Redd

Amare/Paul/Ray Allen

T-Mac/Yao/Howard

Anymore?

I know I started making trio's at the end, but I wanted to just put somes names out there. Do you think any of those could work? If not, feel free to interchange some of the names so we can the perfect match.

Tim Duncan and Tony Parker - they actually have won championships together.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 11:22 PM   #17
fatlever
Banned

Default Re: What Pairing Of Current Superstars Could Match The Dominance Of The Shaq/Kobe Era

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
i don't see why you're making imaginary matchups... it's totally unnecessary IMO.

shaq/kobe was not all that great of a duo. shaq was awesome of course, and kobe was very good but at that time was a total headcase. it was more shaq/phil jackson that won those three championships, not shaq/kobe.

kobe seems to be smarter and a much better team player now, but shaq has been gone for years.

anyway...

shaq/wade - as good as shaq/kobe, and that's with an aging shaq. throw in your referee conspiracy theories if you like, but the results are there.

duncan/ginobli or duncan/robinson - dominant where it counts, and they have the hardware to prove it.

nash/stoudemire - no hardware yet, but a fearsome duo.

yao/mcgrady - if yao keeps improving like this and mcgrady can turn a miracle by staying healthy, they will be as good or better than shaq/kobe were. might even be there right now.

anthony/iverson - just kidding.
This whole post left me thinking
fatlever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 11:31 PM   #18
D-Town-Raised
I brick open layups

Default Re: What Pairing Of Current Superstars Could Match The Dominance Of The Shaq/Kobe Era

Dirk/Lebron Would win 4 out of the next 8 Championships. Dirk has 4 years of Prime and 4 Great Years left. Lebron would have 2 Great Years and 6 years of Prime during those 8 Years. They are both in the Top 5. Duncan doesn't have 8 years in him. Nash Doesn't have 8 years in him. KG doesn't have 8 years in him.

Kobe/Shaq Won 3 In 8 Seasons

Over 8 Seasons Dirk/Lebron > Kobe/Lebron
Over 8 Seasons Dirk/Lebron > Kobe/Dirk
Over 8 Seasons Dirk/Lebron > Kobe/Wade
Over 8 Seasons Dirk/Lebron > Lebron/Wade
D-Town-Raised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:31 AM   #19
ekzistenz
Decent playground baller

Duncan/Dirk would be an awesome pairing.
ekzistenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:59 AM   #20
New Jazzy Nets
New Uni's 2010-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes

shaq/kobe was not all that great of a duo. shaq was awesome of course, and kobe was very good but at that time was a total headcase. it was more shaq/phil jackson that won those three championships, not shaq/kobe.

HAHAHA, you really think that it was more Jackson then kobe that won them the championships?
New Jazzy Nets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 04:49 AM   #21
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaKid
i dont understand how the Rockets arent as dominant as the Lakers were in their Dynasty...

Tmac=Kobe

Yao=Shaq

Shane Battier=Rick Fox

Alston=Fisher

Houston Rest of Supporting Cast=Lakers Rest of Supporting Cast

note: all these are rough comparisons not exact

TRIANGLE
lovethetriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:32 AM   #22
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Well obviously Larry Hughes/LeBron. DUH but other than that.

But other than Larry and lebron I don't think anyone in this league can match kobe and shaq. Maybe oden will become the next shaq, but right now no one can match up against him.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:38 AM   #23
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaKid
i dont understand how the Rockets arent as dominant as the Lakers were in their Dynasty...

Tmac=Kobe

Yao=Shaq

Shane Battier=Rick Fox

Alston=Fisher

Houston Rest of Supporting Cast=Lakers Rest of Supporting Cast

note: all these are rough comparisons not exact

Injuries.........

We have not seen a healthy Tmac and Yao + the role players playing at the level they are now. Last night we saw glimpses of what they can be, but Yao still isn't a 100%
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:47 AM   #24
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac&Luther
Injuries.........

We have not seen a healthy Tmac and Yao + the role players playing at the level they are now. Last night we saw glimpses of what they can be, but Yao still isn't a 100%

I only watched the 1st quarter or so and little glimpses in between commercials of the heat game but yao was playing bad.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:56 AM   #25
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
I only watched the 1st quarter or so and little glimpses in between commercials of the heat game but yao was playing bad.

Well than you should of watched the whole game, he pulled down 24 and 10 on 10-18 shooting.

Like I said he is probably at 80% right now and is now fighting through a dislocated finger on his shooting hand. He had a very good game yesterday though.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 10:01 AM   #26
Vendetta
Banned

Nobody simply because of the fact that Shaq was that dominant.

Garnett & Duncan, maybe. That'd be about it.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 10:08 AM   #27
miles berg
MFFL

Only one that I can think of is Nowitzki/Duncan, hi/low. It could be pretty unbelievable.
miles berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 10:15 AM   #28
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta
Nobody simply because of the fact that Shaq was that dominant.

Garnett & Duncan, maybe. That'd be about it.
that's my feeling too. there's no one remotely as dominant as shaq was in his prime playing right now, so no combination of non-dominants is going to get you there. kg and duncan would be a terrific front court duo. so would duncan and dirk. don't think they'd have the impact of a shaq and kobe though. kobe and duncan might actually be the best combo because it gives you the best front court presense with the most talented back court player. still don't think they're as dominant as shaq and kobe though.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 10:54 AM   #29
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Default Re: What Pairing Of Current Superstars Could Match The Dominance Of The Shaq/Kobe Era?

Duncan/KG

or

Duncan/Oden
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: