Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-18-2007, 10:33 PM   #1
PleezeBelieve
#TeamOhio: 73-9

PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default What Pairing Of Current Superstars Could Match The Dominance Of The Shaq/Kobe Era?

Nash/LeBron

Wade/KG

Dirk/Pierce

Vince/Duncan

Kidd/Bosh/Redd

Amare/Paul/Ray Allen

T-Mac/Yao/Howard

Anymore?

I know I started making trio's at the end, but I wanted to just put somes names out there. Do you think any of those could work? If not, feel free to interchange some of the names so we can the perfect match.
PleezeBelieve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 10:35 PM   #2
Soccer10
Banned

Soccer10 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What Pairing Of Current Superstars Could Match The Dominance of The Shaq/Kobe Era?

Just Kobe/Duncan IMO and it still wouldn't quite match the dominance of Kobe/Shaq.
Soccer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 10:39 PM   #3
sydneyking
Banned

sydneyking has not been impressing people
Default Re: What Pairing Of Current Superstars Could Match The Dominance Of The Shaq/Kobe Era

You made a thread about the Cavs being an all-time great team and yet you haven't mentioned:

LeBron/Larry "Pippen" Hughes

I wonder why
sydneyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 10:48 PM   #4
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board
Default Re: What Pairing Of Current Superstars Could Match The Dominance Of The Shaq/Kobe Era?

Put any one of Lebron/Bryant/D. Wade with Duncan/KG/Yao/Dirk. You really want domination, KG/Duncan...

Oh, and Lebron/Larry Hughes.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 10:50 PM   #5
ThaKid
King

ThaKid has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What Pairing Of Current Superstars Could Match The Dominance Of The Shaq/Kobe Era

i dont understand how the Rockets arent as dominant as the Lakers were in their Dynasty...

Tmac=Kobe

Yao=Shaq

Shane Battier=Rick Fox

Alston=Fisher

Houston Rest of Supporting Cast=Lakers Rest of Supporting Cast

note: all these are rough comparisons not exact
ThaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 10:52 PM   #6
Soccer10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaKid
i dont understand how the Rockets arent as dominant as the Lakers were in their Dynasty...

Tmac=Kobe

Yao=Shaq

Shane Battier=Rick Fox

Alston=Fisher

Houston Rest of Supporting Cast=Lakers Rest of Supporting Cast

TMac is not exactly Kobe but Yao isn't even close to Shaq.

It's like Kobe >= T Mac but Shaq >>>>> Yao.

Don't gimme stats or anything, watch them play. I love Yao but he will never be nearly as good as Shaq. Shaq was just....pure domination.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:55 PM   #7
ThaKid
King

ThaKid has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccer10

Don't gimme stats or anything, watch them play. I love Yao but he will never be nearly as good as Shaq. Shaq was just....pure domination.
okay, but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaKid

so what im saying is that they should be a lil more dominant than they actually are rite now
ThaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 11:03 PM   #8
JSub
Decent college freshman

JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation

Quote:

Ya, prime Shaq is better than Yao Ming today. But 25/10 aint bad for a center either. I dont think Shaq is 5Xs as good (as indicated by your >>>>>). Yao hasnt even reached his prime yet.
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 11:08 PM   #9
Soccer10
Banned

There you go with stats.. I don't care about stats..
When I watch Yao, he's just nowhere close to Shaq...
As much as I hated Shaq and as much as I love Yao I'd have to be blind to consider him being close to Shaq.
Maybe I'm wrong but from what I can see, Shaq was much more dominant than Yao and stats have very little to do with that.

The only player who can dominate games the same way is Duncan and even he isn't on Shaq's level. He's closer than Yao but not quite there...
Old 03-18-2007, 11:08 PM   #10
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

AI Nuggets3 has an OK reputation so far

offensively --- AI and Melo
AI Nuggets3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 11:13 PM   #11
JSub
Decent college freshman

JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation

Quote:
There you go with stats.. I don't care about stats..
When I watch Yao, he's just nowhere close to Shaq...
As much as I hated Shaq and as much as I love Yao I'd have to be blind to consider him being close to Shaq.
Maybe I'm wrong but from what I can see, Shaq was much more dominant than Yao and stats have very little to do with that.

The only player who can dominate games the same way is Duncan and even he isn't on Shaq's level. He's closer than Yao but not quite there...

Stats are only one-side of the story, but they're still stats. Any team would take 25/10 from a center who hasnt even reached his prime. Yao may not be as dominant and unstoppable as prime Shaq, but he still DEMANDS double and triple teams. Maybe he cannot plow through defenses like old Shaq, but that doesnt change the fact that he draws in three defenders to open up shots for his teammates.

There will never be another Shaq, but in today's game, the greatest center is officially Yao Ming...and he's only getting better with time.
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 11:18 PM   #12
Soccer10
Banned

He probably is the best right now although his biggest competition is still Shaq.
Shaq is just insanely good, he still is.
Look how well Miami's been playing without Wade..
they had 9 wins in a row I think...without Dwyane freaking Wade...

Give that man T Mac and the entire Rockets team and I still think they make it further in the playoffs than Rockets with Yao.
That may be just me but that's the way I see it.

Shaq now is more comparable to Yao than Shaq in his prime IMO.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:22 PM   #13
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What Pairing Of Current Superstars Could Match The Dominance Of The Shaq/Kobe Era?

IF the rockets wanted a championship this year they would be better off with Shaq than with Yao. Yao plays to soft and shoots too many jumpers and fadeaways, he doesnt distort a defense like a motivated Shaq.

Prime Shaq could score 15 points and 10 rebounds but still have a better game the Yoa scoring 35 and grabbing 15 rebounds because of how Shaq scores and how it distorts the other teams defense.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 11:22 PM   #14
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Chalkmaze has decent reputationChalkmaze has decent reputation

Yao at Center and current Shaq at PF would be more dominant that LA Shaq/Kobe.
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 11:51 PM   #15
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i don't see why you're making imaginary matchups... it's totally unnecessary IMO.

shaq/kobe was not all that great of a duo. shaq was awesome of course, and kobe was very good but at that time was a total headcase. it was more shaq/phil jackson that won those three championships, not shaq/kobe.

kobe seems to be smarter and a much better team player now, but shaq has been gone for years.

anyway...

shaq/wade - as good as shaq/kobe, and that's with an aging shaq. throw in your referee conspiracy theories if you like, but the results are there.

duncan/ginobli or duncan/robinson - dominant where it counts, and they have the hardware to prove it.

nash/stoudemire - no hardware yet, but a fearsome duo.

yao/mcgrady - if yao keeps improving like this and mcgrady can turn a miracle by staying healthy, they will be as good or better than shaq/kobe were. might even be there right now.

anthony/iverson - just kidding.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: