Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-18-2007, 05:14 PM   #1
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Celtics fined by the league for excessive contact with Durant.

The AP reports:

The Boston Celtics confirmed Sunday that the team had been fined $30,000 by the NBA for excessive contact with the family of Texas star freshman and likely lottery draft pick Kevin Durant. General manager Danny Ainge sat next to Durant's mother during the Big 12 tournament.

Last edited by insidehoops : 03-18-2007 at 07:09 PM.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:15 PM   #2
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Celtics fined by the league for excessive contact with Durant.

Boston will get the 3rd pick again, missing out oden and durant. :
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:16 PM   #3
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Wow... somehow this makes me happy. At least I know he's out there scouting and being active.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:17 PM   #4
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Can the Celtics be found tampering? If so, what is the penalty? I am just curious, not daying they did that.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:18 PM   #5
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

Oooooo, $30,000. Money well spent if it makes any difference in Durant declaring.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:18 PM   #6
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I dont mind the Celtics roster....some of their greats are among my all time favorite players...I like Pierce...yet...id still like to see them get like the 4th pick. Not because I wish them failure. It would just be funny as hell.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:18 PM   #7
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Saw that one coming. I was really surprised when they were scanning the crowd and pointed out he was sitting next to her. You can't be that friggin obvious Danny.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:20 PM   #8
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTech
ohhhhhhhhhh danny what are you doing?

a not so subtle sign to the world that he's planning on moving Pierce.
Not really. Pierce could be traded but every team with a bad record is keeping track of Kevin Durant right now.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:21 PM   #9
sydneyking
Banned

sydneyking has not been impressing people

$30,000 is cheap for contact. If I was Danny I'd do it again.

Same thing goes for the Knicks. If it's going to cost less than $100k to contact LeBron before his contract finishes - why not do it?
sydneyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:23 PM   #10
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Do it too brazenly you might get your picks taken. Not sure exactly what the NBA decides justifies taking picks. I can only think of it happening once. The Twolves lost 5 years of picks for an under the table deal with Joe Smith. If a team just got to thepoint they broke all the rules just because they could afford it Stern would shut it down like that.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:25 PM   #11
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPower
Oooooo, $30,000. Money well spent if it makes any difference in Durant declaring.
I doubt his decision to turn pro or not will be influenced by Ainge chatting with his mother. He has to know that every team in the NBA wants him so whoever has a top two pick will be who has a shot at him, regardless of what his mother thinks of Ainge.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:29 PM   #12
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

His mother said when asked did she know/realize Danny Ainge was next to her..."No disrespect but I didnt know who he was until i saw sportscenter that night."
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 06:22 PM   #13
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

Quote:
He has to know that every team in the NBA wants him so whoever has a top two pick will be who has a shot at him, regardless of what his mother thinks of Ainge.

I doubt he would, but Ainge could have scared his Mom with a horror scenario of Durant getting hurt next year and losing out on guaranteed millions. Of course, if the Durants haven't already considered that they're morons.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 06:27 PM   #14
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Can the Celtics be found tampering? If so, what is the penalty? I am just curious, not daying they did that.

I don't think so, tampering would be more of a pro level problem where you have players under contract with another team, you can see it's not considered too serious because of the small fine by NBA standards... i'm just not sure when teams are allowed to talk to college players, maybe they have to wait until the declare?
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 06:28 PM   #15
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPower
I doubt he would, but Ainge could have scared his Mom with a horror scenario of Durant getting hurt next year and losing out on guaranteed millions. Of course, if the Durants haven't already considered that they're morons.

What scenerio? Please tell them a story using credible sources to scare the parents of Kevin Durant. I'd like to see what you come up with. Why? Because again the injury excuse is and will always be a weak one filled with paranoia. You can point to all the great NBA players who stayed in college more than 1 year. Then you can watch someone struggle to run off names of scenerios where a player was injured and was either never the same, lost certain parts of his game which in turn hurt his stock because pre injury they were a hot nba prospect. Durant can also take out an insurance policy if he along with his parents are paranoid...and most likely they would probably be encouraged to do so regardless because its a smart move.

That leave early for fear of being injured next season is so damn lame. U kno it.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: