Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-18-2007, 10:46 AM   #16
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Most Impressive: AI's 44 and 15 or Kobe's 65

Denver dropped 137pts. Watch the highlights....AI couldnt be stopped and he fed the team with sick passes. Total domination.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 10:52 AM   #17
grimreaper1377
Local High School Star

grimreaper1377 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Denver dropped 137pts. Watch the highlights....AI couldnt be stopped and he fed the team with sick passes. Total domination.

Thanks Captain Obvious
grimreaper1377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 10:55 AM   #18
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimreaper1377
Thanks Captain Obvious

Thanks Colonel Dont Make sense...like so

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimreaper1377
Anybody who can beat the Suns is currently the best player on Earth. But no better than Steve Nash.

Old 03-18-2007, 11:18 AM   #19
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster

Umm, I don't know. You can go either way. A.I. was killing, but it was entire team effort, and it wasn't really needed for A.I. to go off like that. The Lakers were garbage, and it was absolutely neccessary for Kobe to do what he did. Kobe scored 24 points in the 4th quarter, and hit 3 consecutive clutch 3 pointers from beyond area code range under tremendous amounts of pressure. But for people who said he was stat padding in OT weren't even watching the game. The points he scored in OT were just as crucial. Seeing as how that ridiculous turn around 3 ball in the corner was what finally put the Blazers away. So, If I have to pick one, it has to be Kobe. His team was going to lose the game, and under the most pressure, he was money each time the Lakers needed a big play or a score. Kobe willed his team to victory, where as Iverson was just ballin' and happened to have a tremendous game over the course of a blow out.
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 11:27 AM   #20
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

I didn't watch either game but Kobe's team was on a huge losing streak and his 65, like half of them were scored in the 4th and OT in a very close game. AI's stats were in a blowout.

I don't think anyone watched both games and very few watched even one of them so how can we know for sure? Kobe was a hero in OT when his team needed a win badly. he dropped 65 which I'm sure has only happened a dozen times or less in the last 30 years. it was amazing. what is it about Kobe that prevents people from giving him what he deserves? it's either too much or too little it seems.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 11:32 AM   #21
Soccer10
Banned

Soccer10 has an OK reputation so far

Sure, I'm a Kobe fan but I watched both games..

I"ll go with Kobe. When you look at stats it seems comparable but please watch both games. It isn't even close IMO.
Kobe's was much more impressive...
Soccer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 11:48 AM   #22
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I didn't watch either performance, but if I was going by stats, and by the type of teams they played, etc, I would have to say AI.

I always give credit to Kobe, and try to defend him when some people are just being unrealistic about some things, but honestly, AI did this against the Suns, one of the best teams in the league. What makes this even more incredible is his shooting percentage and his turnovers. Whether it was a blow out or not, usually you play against the Suns and you are bound to have a lot of turnovers since you are running up and down the court, but AI only had 1 TO, and that's really impressive.

Kobe's was an impressive performance, but they shouldn't have been losing to a team that's 27th in the league in field goal percentage. I know they are injured, but seriously, this is regular season crunch time and the Lakers need to step up. Great performance by Kobe, no doubt, but Iverson was just better, even though it was a blow out.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 11:50 AM   #23
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I don't think anyone watched both games and very few watched even one of them so how can we know for sure?

I watched all of the LA game and most of the Denver game. Kobe's clutch shotmaking was simply more impressive. End of story. However, 44/15 (efficiently) is better than 65 IMO. That's just with stats.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 11:52 AM   #24
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
That's just with stats.
so is this a fantasy board or a basketball board?
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 11:54 AM   #25
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

I'll take AI. 44 points and 15 assists is quite a feat and it's not something that he's ever done before. Even though Bryant has only reached 60+ three times in his career, it doesn't really amaze me anymore when he hits those numbers. He's set the bar so high that you actually expect it two or three times a season now. He's had a bunch of games where he could have easily hit 60 had he played in the 4th...

I will say that I am impressed considering the conditions surrounding the game... Losing streak, got back to LA late, game the night before, overtime in this one...
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 12:08 PM   #26
Soccer10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
I watched all of the LA game and most of the Denver game. Kobe's clutch shotmaking was simply more impressive. End of story. However, 44/15 (efficiently) is better than 65 IMO. That's just with stats.

That pretty much sums it up.

You watch the game - Kobe for sure
You look at the stats - AI for sure..

So it depands, both performances were great..
Old 03-18-2007, 12:22 PM   #27
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

AI Nuggets3 has an OK reputation so far

i watched all of both games and i can't choose. both of them turned in historic performances.

AI....wow. easily one of the best games of his career. he was crossing Raja Bell and blowing by Steve Nash like it was Greg Ostertag that was guarding him. 44 points and he still got all of his teammates involved. in the 3rd quarter he took the game over and ended it right there. sadly, people will still discount his passing. he put on a passing clinic last night.

Kobe's was awesome. the fourth quarter looked like 3 after 3 after 3 after 3....Kobe scoring 65 points doesnt seem to amaze people as much anymore just because he's Kobe and he's been there before and had better games (Dallas last year will remain his greatest game ever).

say what you want about these two guys overall, but both of these guys have the killer instinct that so many NBA superstars lack. Lebron, Dirk, ______ insert star here. none of them have it like AI or Kobe. they want to rip everyone's heart out. their opponent, their opponents' fans, etc. No one else wants to kill people like that. they're like Jordan and Bird in that aspect.
AI Nuggets3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 12:27 PM   #28
Soccer10
Banned

^ Great post. It is why they're my favorite players. I'm also starting to like Gilbert.
Those guys just have IT. I don't see that IT in many players nowadays.
I think Carmelo also has IT.
Thumps up..
Old 03-18-2007, 12:32 PM   #29
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

AI doesn't really have a killer instinct. I assume by that you mean clutch ability. Dirk has that more than AI does.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 12:35 PM   #30
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
AI doesn't really have a killer instinct. I assume by that you mean clutch ability. Dirk has that more than AI does.

Andre Igoudala? Yeah.
Allen Iverson? You're insane to say that.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: