Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-19-2007, 12:11 PM   #151
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Most Impressive: AI's 44 and 15 or Kobe's 65

Quote:
Was Wilt's 100 point game historic? That game came against the second worst team in the league. Just because something happens against a "bad" team doesn't of necessity make it ahistoric. (Besides the Blazers have handled the Lakers this year).

Wilt's 100 was historic because it was a friggin hundred points...

65 is definitely a rare expolsion, but isnt historic.. its been done before and in tougher spots
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:17 PM   #152
ppierce34
High school junior varsity star

ppierce34 has an OK reputation so far

40+ and 15 is extremely rare as is 65, I don't care who either one is playing. When you're in that kind of a zone it's probably not going to make a big difference. Take your pick.

Some of the arguments people are putting up are beyond stupid, though.
ppierce34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:18 PM   #153
plupiter
Kids at the park dunk on me

plupiter has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Wilt's 100 was historic because it was a friggin hundred points...

Of course, but let's take the "against a bad team" caveat out of the conversation when dealing with historic games. If we're coming up with criteria for determining what's historic we should be consistent.

Quote:
65 is definitely a rare expolsion, but isnt historic.. its been done before and in tougher spots

When (taking Wilt out of the equation)? MJ's 69 in Cleveland in OT was against a better team. Robinson's 71 was scripted, as was David Thompson's big game.

Again, this is historically impressive because of the manner in which it happened.

Last edited by plupiter : 03-19-2007 at 12:22 PM.
plupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 01:11 PM   #154
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Dizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat cool

iversons was impressive, but this is something he should have been doing since first being in denver. his team is STACKED as hell.

outside of kobe, lakers have who exactly? without kobe/odom the lakers dont win more than 10 games, and all of you know it.

kobe had 65 in a clutch manner. it was the best performance of the season.
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:04 PM   #155
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

anybody saying kobe's performance wasn't unbelievable didn't watch the game. don't hate on ish because you can't afford league pass.

Quote:

What do you exactly mean in tougher spots? Couldn't get any tougher then what I witnessed on tv. If Kobe missed 1 of them ridiculous 3's, the game would have been over. Kobe had absolutely zero margin of error. Heck ESPN was saying Lakers were about to drop there 8th in a row 1 min before the game ended. Wish I seen that Nuggets/Suns game though, I'd love to see AI taking it to Nash.

Last edited by NoGunzJustSkillz : 03-19-2007 at 03:07 PM.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:08 PM   #156
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

btw i thought ai was a point guard?
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:47 PM   #157
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Yo anyone know where I can download both of these games. Btw when someone is doing some crazy ish like 44 and 15 or 65 points I Need to see at least 8 threads about it in the third quarter. So I can league pass that sucker.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:56 PM   #158
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

AI Nuggets3 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR_ball_Jordan
Scoring 65 pt against a bad team is something you call "historic"...do you just start watching NBA 3 days ago?

Please name players scoring 60+ in a OT game..

and then name players scoring 40+ pt and 10+ assists...

i'd like to see a list actually. im not sure how many 40 and 10 games AI has but ESPN said he's far and away the active leader in them. he got 5 or 6 of those in the last 2 years alone. i cant think of who else would be on the list.
AI Nuggets3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 04:08 PM   #159
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation

I always like a balanced game better than complete scoring breakouts, but Kobe has some spectacular stuff.
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 04:14 PM   #160
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI Nuggets3
i'd like to see a list actually. im not sure how many 40 and 10 games AI has but ESPN said he's far and away the active leader in them. he got 5 or 6 of those in the last 2 years alone. i cant think of who else would be on the list.
nash maybe. pretty sure nash did it against the nets this year in that double ot game.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 04:17 PM   #161
gb8
Extra Cheese

gb8 has an OK reputation so far

As a coach give me Iverson, as a fan give me Kobes.
gb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 04:36 PM   #162
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Well I'm far too biased on this... but I'll say it anyway. 40+ pts and 12+ assists is more of a complete game, and passing to Leinas Kleiza on 6 of those isn't what you call a 'reliable' shooter
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 04:53 PM   #163
Laker Logic
I hit open 5-footers

Laker Logic has decent reputationLaker Logic has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
Well I'm far too biased on this... but I'll say it anyway. 40+ pts and 12+ assists is more of a complete game, and passing to Leinas Kleiza on 6 of those isn't what you call a 'reliable' shooter

Kleiza may not be a household name, but he's on a hot streak at least - he's 25-44 over the last 5 games, including a career high 29 on 10 of 13 shooting against the Lakers. And in that game anyway, nobody was setting him up, he was just draining jumpers at will.
Laker Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: