Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-18-2007, 01:26 AM   #16
statman32
NBA Legend

Default Re: Second Amare video. And where do you rank him?

Quote:
again.. that's because Suns games feature more rebounds to get. 10 rebounds on the Suns > 10 rebounds on any other team. it's not statistically significant.

That logic sucks. For example lets look in depth at Benny Wallace(considered one of the best) and Amare Stoudemires rebound numbers

Ben Wallace: 253 Off Rebounds/2174 Off Rebound chances... So 11.6%
421 Def Rebounds/2194 Def Rebound chances...So 19.2%

Amare: 188 Off Rebounds/1889 Off Rebound chances...So 10%
439 Def Rebounds/2188 Def Rebound chances...So 20.1%

As you can see a player on the Chicago Bulls actually gets more chances to rebound the ball. Also Amare is almost as good as the mighty Ben Wallace when it comes to rebounding.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 01:39 AM   #17
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

fine.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:38 AM   #18
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

Amare is a falkin beast

he's one of those guys that can just take over a game and make the defense look hopeless

any given night he can be the best player on the floor

the Mavs have no answer for him

he clowned TD in the playoffs two years ago

If the Suns are to win, it has to go through Amare

Nash may be the glue, but Amare is the X factor
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 11:24 AM   #19
sommervilleCdn
High School JV MVP

Comment

Works great... as described !! Would watch another mix by Kblaze again. 7min vid went by FAST! A+++

/
sommervilleCdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:38 AM   #20
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Quote:
Amare is a falkin beast

he's one of those guys that can just take over a game and make the defense look hopeless

any given night he can be the best player on the floor

the Mavs have no answer for him

he clowned TD in the playoffs two years ago

If the Suns are to win, it has to go through Amare

Nash may be the glue, but Amare is the X factor

I keep getting the feeling Amare is going to be unleashed in the playoffs. Im glad the Bulls cant possibly see him outside the finals. I dont fear many players as far as my team having to deal with them. But even though the Bulls play the Suns well....I think I fear Amare.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:14 PM   #21
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
I keep getting the feeling Amare is going to be unleashed in the playoffs. Im glad the Bulls cant possibly see him outside the finals. I dont fear many players as far as my team having to deal with them. But even though the Bulls play the Suns well....I think I fear Amare.

he is the only player in the L right now that gives me a hard on when I watch him play.

not because I am a bender or John Amaechi type, simply because the stuff he does on the court is straight perverted when he is on his game.

he could just go up at anytime and crown someone uglier then they've ever been done, its like he is playing on eight and a half foot rims, he suddenly takes over games, and when he is beasting he often is shooting above 70%.

the looks on the opposing forwards faces is straight hillarity too, they just dont know what to do with themselves.

I remember the day before my first collegiate game I watched a game between two other teams in our conference at a tip off tournament and the first three times down the floor the opposing centers dunked really hard on each other, it was pretty crazy, I was 17 at the time and I went into the bathroom and puked, those dude were grown ass men in my eyes and I thought I was gonna get killed.

Luckily for me everything worked out okay, I never got clowned or crowned too hard, but I wonder if guys in the NBA have that same feeling before going up against Amare.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:24 PM   #22
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
he is the only player in the L right now that gives me a hard on when I watch him play.

not because I am a bender or John Amaechi type, simply because the stuff he does on the court is straight perverted when he is on his game.

he could just go up at anytime and crown someone uglier then they've ever been done, its like he is playing on eight and a half foot rims, he suddenly takes over games, and when he is beasting he often is shooting above 70%.

the looks on the opposing forwards faces is straight hillarity too, they just dont know what to do with themselves.

I remember the day before my first collegiate game I watched a game between two other teams in our conference at a tip off tournament and the first three times down the floor the opposing centers dunked really hard on each other, it was pretty crazy, I was 17 at the time and I went into the bathroom and puked, those dude were grown ass men in my eyes and I thought I was gonna get killed.

Luckily for me everything worked out okay, I never got clowned or crowned too hard, but I wonder if guys in the NBA have that same feeling before going up against Amare.

lol @ the puking part. I would love to get dunked on lmao.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 02:25 PM   #23
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
The scary part is that Amare is getting better and better as the season goes on. If you could take a video sampling of his gameplay from the first game of the year, to the night right before he was named an all-star, you would see a big difference....and he was already playing good basketball before that. Then he just went on tear. He is moving better laterally, he is more explosive, he's getting quicker, he's hitting his 15-18 ft jumper, his ball handling has improved (though it's still something to be desired), and he's played a little more under control. If he gets a solid post game, then watch out. He'll be ridiculous.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:57 PM   #24
PP34Deuce
Good college starter

Someone had mention that when players get real mad they perform in different ways.....

When dirk is pissed, he seems to shoot it outside or do things outside of his zone.

When amare gets pissed, he wanted to punish,dunk,attack the defense. Hes got that killer instinct.

I can recall past years when amare was hitting 18 foot jumpers in clutch games, it seems like when the game is tight, you see him giving a great pass, a great block, an unbelievable and 1.

Dwight may be more athletic now(hes not as quick,or agile) and Bosh may be more well rounded... but amare is the guy you fear in the final 5 minutes of a game.

How many PF-C do you know that when its crunch time you dont fear them missing a lot of free throws?
PP34Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 05:02 PM   #25
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Quote:
How many PF-C do you know that when its crunch time you dont fear them missing a lot of free throws?

"I make them when it counts"
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: