Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-17-2007, 01:06 PM   #1
malek4980
Kids at the park dunk on me

malek4980 has an OK reputation so far
Default Adam Morrison is the Worst NBA Player

He can't play any defense. And no this is not Magic Johnson bad or Charles Barkley bad. He just can't because he sucks so damn much. He can't rebound and he's not much of a passer. The only thing he can do is shoot... well not really since he's 37% from the floor. HE CAN'T DO ANYTHING WELL. The only regular rotation player with a worse PER is Bruce Bower, but at least he plays defense.

How long before Jordan makes Morrison cry? Not that it would be difficult to make him cry.

malek4980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 01:09 PM   #2
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Adam Morrison is the Worst NBA Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by malek4980
He can't play any defense. And no this is not Magic Johnson bad or Charles Barkley bad. He just can't because he sucks so damn much.

"But James, who scored 35 against the Spurs, never got into a rhythm. He shot just 3-of-13 from the floor as rookie Adam Morrison kept him off balance, forcing James to get his points at the free-throw line, where he made nine of his 10 attempts. "

cant play defense?????
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 01:11 PM   #3
malek4980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
"But James, who scored 35 against the Spurs, never got into a rhythm. He shot just 3-of-13 from the floor as rookie Adam Morrison kept him off balance, forcing James to get his points at the free-throw line, where he made nine of his 10 attempts. "

cant play defense?????
When a player struggles from the floor often the media wants to give the player covering him the credit whether he deserves it or not. Sometimes players just don't make their shots.
Old 03-17-2007, 01:19 PM   #4
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I only watch Charlotte when they're playing the Cs, but what I've seen of Morrison's d isn't inspiring. So far, he's the biggest bust of the draft. Still, just a rookie, maybe this summer he finds a way to translate his game to the NBA level.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 01:21 PM   #5
Soccer10
Banned

Soccer10 has an OK reputation so far

I thought he would definitely become a stud, even in his rookie season...
Soccer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 01:26 PM   #6
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

yup. the guy is complete garbage. imagine the Bobcats with Brandon Roy instead. they'd still suck immeasurable amounts of ass of course. but at least they'd have some hope for the future.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 01:28 PM   #7
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

Dude is just flat out slow, takes him an eternity to change directions, that's why he needs to hit so many shots over defenders.
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 01:37 PM   #8
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people

There were idiots on this board who thought Toronto's already defense-craving ass should have drafted him.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 01:52 PM   #9
Shepseskaf
Old School

Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne
There were idiots on this board who thought Toronto's already defense-craving ass should have drafted him.
There were also idiots on this board who were comparing him favorably to Allan Houston, and talking about him averaging 20ppg. What a freaking joke.
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 02:24 PM   #10
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Adam Morrison wasn't drafted to play defense. He was drafted to score. And he does score. Sure he's inconsistent on some nights but when he has a good game he scored anywhere from 15-25 points. Also, he's a rookie. He's still getting used to the system. Bargnani sucked ass the first half of the year but he's improving because he's getting used to the NBA.

Morrison cried because he's passionate about the game. He doesn't play for the money like 90% of the league.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 02:30 PM   #11
malek4980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Adam Morrison wasn't drafted to play defense. He was drafted to score. And he does score. Sure he's inconsistent on some nights but when he has a good game he scored anywhere from 15-25 points. Also, he's a rookie. He's still getting used to the system. Bargnani sucked ass the first half of the year but he's improving because he's getting used to the NBA.

Morrison cried because he's passionate about the game. He doesn't play for the money like 90% of the league.
He averages more shots per game than points. So he scores at an incredibly inefficient rate.

Morrison has played US basketball all his life while Bargs is new to the style of the game. Yet, in a short time Bargs looks like he belongs in the NBA and Morrison sure doesn't.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:31 PM   #12
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I get Bobcats games here so ive seen a lot of him. He isnt even the worst Bobcat. Id take him on the bulls. Worst case in his prime hes about an 18ppg player who shoots in the mid 40s and upper 30s from 3. Hes not as bad as it seems many think.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 02:33 PM   #13
malek4980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
I get Bobcats games here so ive seen a lot of him. He isnt even the worst Bobcat. Id take him on the bulls. Worst case in his prime hes about an 18ppg player who shoots in the mid 40s and upper 30s from 3. Hes not as bad as it seems many think.

That's the worst case?
Old 03-17-2007, 02:33 PM   #14
Kujo
National High School Star

Kujo has decent reputationKujo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855

I agree. I don't understand all the Morrison h a t e. He's far from the worse player in the league.
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 02:37 PM   #15
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

2LeTTeRS KD has decent reputation

Morrison is not ready to be a go-to guy at the NBA level. He'll be a nice threat once we get somebody to take some pressure off him so he can stop taking such extraoridinarly hard shots. The man has a nose for putting the ball in the basket but with us never drawing doubles to force the D to need to rotate, and him not being blessed with great athleticism to help him getting a step on the defender this might be the worse place in the entire league to have an Adam Morrison type. Seeing how Kapono developed once he got out of here in Miami I'm not ready to let go of him and see him blossem elsewhere.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: