Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-14-2007, 09:30 PM   #1
Attila
National High School Star

Attila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Stupid Question

But when the say Official Timeout, what do they mean? Why don't they say which team took the timeout?
Attila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:31 PM   #2
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Howard5Dirk41 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Stupid Question

a timeout that is scheduled for TV

I think its after the 8 and4 minute mark
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:35 PM   #3
Attila

Attila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected poster

Ok. Thanks man.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:44 PM   #4
Bosh4life
Local High School Star

Bosh4life has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard5Dirk41
a timeout that is scheduled for TV

I think its after the 8 and4 minute mark

But if there are no free throw or out of bounds plays during the quatre an official timeout can not be called right?
Bosh4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:45 PM   #5
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosh4life
But if there are no free throw or out of bounds plays during the quatre an official timeout can not be called right?
Yes, it would be bumped...
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:54 PM   #6
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Cool is considered somewhat coolCool is considered somewhat cool

It might be another stupid question but, What is an Official Timeout?

And Why do they take them?
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:58 PM   #7
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I thought an official timeout was a timeout taken by the refs for a certin reason. For example if there's blood on the floor or something like that. Something that has no relation to the coaches or players timeout.

I thought the other one was a mandatory timeout.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 10:07 PM   #8
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
I thought an official timeout was a timeout taken by the refs for a certin reason. For example if there's blood on the floor or something like that. Something that has no relation to the coaches or players timeout.

Thanks for the example and for clearing that up for me.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:13 PM   #9
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool
Thanks for the example and for clearing that up for me.

Well I'm not exactly sure, mabey brodcasters use different lingo than others.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:15 PM   #10
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Well I'm not exactly sure, mabey brodcasters use different lingo than others.

Well I see what your saying because sometimes when I watch games they just take a timeout and they dont say anything and just break to commercial. But then others like ESPN mostly say its an official timeout or a team timeout.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:18 PM   #11
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

That's an additional example, but there are scheduled "official" timeouts
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 10:21 PM   #12
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
That's an additional example, but there are scheduled "official" timeouts

Okay I see now, the local callers (brodacsters) call those the manditory, or T.V. timeouts. I see what you're saying.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:39 PM   #13
Attila

George Blaha the Pistons brodcaster says "It's an official timeout". So thats why I didn't know.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: