Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-14-2007, 05:47 PM   #16
Bosh4life
Local High School Star

Bosh4life has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: HGH in the NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabCasablancas
That's the exact opposite of what I have seen on television.. but I'm no expert on the subject..

I have seen many friends go on steroids and i was always working out much harder then they did. Atleast when they started out but they would get more significant gains than myself even well spending less days and time at the gym. Eventually after getting much stronger then myself they started to spend more and more time until finally they atleast go twice as much as i ever did.

So from personally experience that is how i see it.
Bosh4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:47 PM   #17
FabCasablancas
Banned

FabCasablancas has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPower
Being bigger and stronger is an advantage in most sports, and the NBA is no exception. Adding extra bulk does affect your jumping ability though, so illegal enhancers could be less prevalent in the NBA than in other sports. I'm sure some guys use, but I have no idea how widespread it is.

I would think that since most tall people are so skinny that basketball would be the biggest users of steroids..
FabCasablancas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:50 PM   #18
Bosh4life
Local High School Star

Quote:
I would think that since most tall people are so skinny that basketball would be the biggest users of steroids..

Yes but i think a lot of tall skinny guys are content with their build because it is essential for mobility and vertical. Although getting a little bigger always helps getting steroid big is a different story. Mostly because you will always be getting big because as soon as you go off of them, you lose most of the bulk you gained.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:56 PM   #19
FabCasablancas
Banned

I meant to say biggest users of HGH specifiaclly.. because form what I heard the muscle you gain does stay with you. Once you have grown it you have that new muscle for the rest of your life. This is why HGH is so widely used right now.. and there is no test for it apparently.. so there's nothing they can do about it.

And yeah.. I don't mean to get ripped.. but for skinny guys that are like sticks out there.. like Kobe was coincidentally.. it seems like the ideal thing.. and he seems like just the kind of guy who would do it, too.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:58 PM   #20
johndough
Great young streetballer

johndough has decent reputation

Quote:

The sport that steroid use is most prevalent in has to be track.
johndough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 06:01 PM   #21
Bosh4life
Local High School Star

Quote:
I meant to say biggest users of HGH specifiaclly.. because form what I heard the muscle you gain does stay with you. Once you have grown it you have that new muscle for the rest of your life. This is why HGH is so widely used right now.. and there is no test for it apparently.. so there's nothing they can do about it.

Wow that's actually really interesting. Are there any known ,negative, long term sideeffects to this drug?
Old 03-14-2007, 06:17 PM   #22
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGauge23
You can't put 15 pounds of muscle in 4 months. At least not naturally.

i have gained 12-13 pounds in 4 months naturally. i've actually done it more then once. it's not all lean muscle, but most of it is. i just eat like a mad man and work out hard and take alot of protein. i am able to do it whenever i'm trying to bulk up. of course, after a certain point my growth slows down and then stops. just saying, 15 pounds isnt impossible. i gained ten pounds from this january to mid march, and i wasnt even trying as hard this time.
rezznor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 06:19 PM   #23
lakers-city
Good college starter

lakers-city has decent reputationlakers-city has decent reputation

i gained 15 lbs of muscle in 1 summer, and yes naturally, it takes at least 5 hours in the weight room every day though.

Last edited by lakers-city : 03-14-2007 at 06:24 PM.
lakers-city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 06:20 PM   #24
KOBEMAMBA24
I hit open 5-footers

KOBEMAMBA24 has decent reputationKOBEMAMBA24 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
i have gained 12-13 pounds in 4 months naturally. i've actually done it more then once. it's not all lean muscle, but most of it is. i just eat like a mad man and work out hard and take alot of protein. i am able to do it whenever i'm trying to bulk up. of course, after a certain point my growth slows down and then stops. just saying, 15 pounds isnt impossible. i gained ten pounds from this january to mid march, and i wasnt even trying as hard this time.

how much did you weigh, 90 lbs?
KOBEMAMBA24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 06:22 PM   #25
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers-city
i gained 15 lbs of muscle in 1 summer, and yes naturally, it takes at least 5 hours in the weight room every day though.

it's not all about the time you put in the gym tho. you also have to rest alot so your body can grow and eat right to feed the machine. i never spend more then 2 hours at the gym at one time, although sometimes i will go twice a day. i would break it down to

33.3% gym
33.3% nutrition
33.3% rest
Old 03-14-2007, 06:23 PM   #26
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOBEMAMBA24
how much did you weigh, 90 lbs?

this most recent time i went from 165 to 175. i'm 6' 0"
Old 03-14-2007, 06:24 PM   #27
KOBEMAMBA24
I hit open 5-footers

KOBEMAMBA24 has decent reputationKOBEMAMBA24 has decent reputation

i could understand that
KOBEMAMBA24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 06:24 PM   #28
lakers-city
Good college starter

lakers-city has decent reputationlakers-city has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
it's not all about the time you put in the gym tho. you also have to rest alot so your body can grow and eat right to feed the machine. i never spend more then 2 hours at the gym at one time, although sometimes i will go twice a day. i would break it down to

33.3% gym
33.3% nutrition
33.3% rest

of course, i ate like hell and did absolutely nothing else but rest all the remaining time

im at 6'2 1/2 and 227lbs, i have no intention of gaining any more weight tho.
lakers-city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 06:31 PM   #29
rezznor
Nosetradamus

funny story. when i first started working out, i was skinny as ****. took me about 2 years to get up to where i could be considered "built", but i did it naturally. this guy i knew was almost as skinny as me, and started workin out but took roids to do it. in about 6 months, he reached where i was at, and a few months later, he passed me WAY up. i saw how much stronger and bigger he got, and how quickly and man i was PISSED, and it even tempted me for a bit to give the roids a shot. i didnt get into it tho.

anyways, after awhile the guy quit the roids and he lost all of his gains in no time at all. i've had times when i quit the gym for awhile too, but my weight loss was never as dramatic as his so im glad i didnt do the roids to get there. and when i do go back to the gym, i get my weight and strength back fairly easily, whereas that other guy had never been able to get back to what he used to have when he was on the juice.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:37 PM   #30
FabCasablancas
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosh4life
Wow that's actually really interesting. Are there any known ,negative, long term sideeffects to this drug?

http://www.antiaginginfo.net/hgh-side-effects.htm

I bet the professionals that you could see if you were a wealthy athlete have it down to a science.. they probably know just how much to take and how to maintian your health..
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: