Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-14-2007, 05:31 PM   #1
FabCasablancas
Banned

FabCasablancas has decent reputation
Default HGH in the NBA

Is it true human growth hormone isn't detectable with tests? If that's the case why wouldn't it be used by NBA players?

From my understanding of it it can be detected when you are taking it but not after you have taken it.. and HGH's effect stay with you.. once you have grown new muscle you have it for good.

It really makes me wonder about that summer Kobe Bryant got buff seemingly overnight.
FabCasablancas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:32 PM   #2
lakers-city
Good college starter

lakers-city has decent reputationlakers-city has decent reputation
Default Re: HGH in the NBA

it's easy to put some muscle in the weight room, no conspiracy theories are needed.
lakers-city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:34 PM   #3
Bosh4life
Local High School Star

Bosh4life has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers-city
it's easy to put some muscle in the weight room, no conspiracy theories are needed.

Plus, correct me if i'm wrong but wouldn't kobe have grown substantially taller taking growth hormones... I'm pretty sure he would have been caught.
Bosh4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:34 PM   #4
FabCasablancas
Banned

No.. actually it isn't easy to put muscle on.. if that was the case steroids woulldn't be a problem.

Even with steroids you have to work-out very hard to see results.. it's not like you just take steroids and the muscles grow themselves..
Old 03-14-2007, 05:35 PM   #5
FabCasablancas
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosh4life
Plus, correct me if i'm wrong but wouldn't kobe have grown substantially taller taking growth hormones... I'm pretty sure he would have been caught.

You don't grow in height with human growth hormone unless you are a child.. it grows muscle.. not bone..

Last edited by FabCasablancas : 03-14-2007 at 05:38 PM.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:37 PM   #6
Bosh4life
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabCasablancas
Even with steroids you have to work-out very hard to see results.. it's not like you just take steroids and the muscles grow themselves..

Actually you don't have to work out very hard to see results while using steroids. Most of the time when using steroids poeple get so excited when they see the results they decide to work even harder and that's why they end up at the gym so often. But when starting out most of them don't go to the gym that often it's not until they see tremendous results that they start actually going hard at the gym.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:38 PM   #7
Bosh4life
Local High School Star

Quote:
You don't grow in height with human growth hormone.. it grows muscle.. not bone..

Oh Ok that's my bad, i definitly did not know what i was talking about. Thanks for clarifying. I thought the name was kind of self explanatory and just assumed that the growth part mean't in height.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:38 PM   #8
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
You don't grow in height with human growth hormone.. it grows muscle.. not bone..
it depends on whether your growth plates in your bones have fused and so forth.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Growth_hormone
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:39 PM   #9
johndough
Great young streetballer

johndough has decent reputation

I doubt it's used for the purposes you mentioned.

But I have heard stories from some of my colleagues about fathers bringing their sons in asking to be prescribed growth hormones to make their kids taller.
johndough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:41 PM   #10
FabCasablancas
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosh4life
Actually you don't have to work out very hard to see results while using steroids. Most of the time when using steroids poeple get so excited when they see the results they decide to work even harder and that's why they end up at the gym so often. But when starting out most of them don't go to the gym that often it's not until they see tremendous results that they start actually going hard at the gym.

That's the exact opposite of what I have seen on television.. but I'm no expert on the subject..
Old 03-14-2007, 05:42 PM   #11
lakers-city
Good college starter

lakers-city has decent reputationlakers-city has decent reputation

Quote:
No.. actually it isn't easy to put muscle on.. if that was the case steroids woulldn't be a problem.

the nba's offseason is 3-4 months long, it's easy to put around 15 pounds of muscle in that time-span in you spend a lot of time in the weight room
lakers-city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:44 PM   #12
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

Being bigger and stronger is an advantage in most sports, and the NBA is no exception. Adding extra bulk does affect your jumping ability though, so illegal enhancers could be less prevalent in the NBA than in other sports. I'm sure some guys use, but I have no idea how widespread it is.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:44 PM   #13
FabCasablancas
Banned

So why do people do steroids then?
Old 03-14-2007, 05:44 PM   #14
AirGauge23
Sound the Charge

AirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers-city
the nba's offseason is 3-4 months long, it's easy to put around 15 pounds of muscle in that time-span in you spend a lot of time in the weight room

You can't put 15 pounds of muscle in 4 months. At least not naturally.
AirGauge23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:45 PM   #15
MetsPackers
new based god

MetsPackers has decent reputation

I wouldn't be suprised if Kobe, Lebron, and Artest were on HGH. Even with all the training, those guys are pretty big.
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: