Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-14-2007, 03:48 PM   #1
Fatal9
owwwww

Fatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Bogut fined...thats it?

http://www.nba.com/news/bogut_070314.html

Good, he was being an ass all night.

What is more intresting here is that he recieved just a fine. Watch these two videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRFwQ6dIeJ4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRuHXkWpdJ0

So Bogut is fined for a) giving the home crowd the finger b) elbowing Chris Bosh (unnatural act no?) and c) shoving Bosh at the end of a clear loss. Bosh even complained about him after the game and said that he played dirty all game and that, he threw multiple unneccessary elbows at him. So where is the suspension in this case? I mean, these days you get suspended for your follow through, shouldn't Bogut also be suspended?

Are you going to tell me that Kobe could come away from ALL that with just a fine? He is clearly being overly scrutinzed by the league and this is just another example of it. Also keep in mind that Bosh actually complained about him while Jaric and Ginobili acknowledged Kobe's elbows as inadvertant, and did not think he should have been suspended.

Can we get some consistency here?
Fatal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:52 PM   #2
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Bogut fined...thats it?

My opinion of Bogut has completely changed after watchign those two videos. What a sore ass loser.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:52 PM   #3
A Loyal NJ Fan
High school junior varsity star

A Loyal NJ Fan has decent reputation

Bogut's a *****...never liked him.
A Loyal NJ Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:53 PM   #4
Real Men Wear Green
BathFrog of Doom

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I have to agree, the elbow wasn't such a big deal but that push was flagrant dirty play, certainly not better than Bryant's elbows. Consistency is lacking.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:53 PM   #5
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

I knew this was a tread by a raps fan before clicking it.

Bogut's shove wasn't that bad. You see stuff like that happen all the time. His elbow wasn't very nice but it wasn't a huge issue. The finger wasn't cool. Could've gotten a 1 game suspension but I guess that's up to the Bucks org.

You're sounding like Kendall Gill anno 1995. Pampered whiner.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:53 PM   #6
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If Kobe did that he'd be gone for a week.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:54 PM   #7
heavensdevil
Michael Lee

heavensdevil has an OK reputation so far

damn... dude elbowed him blatant, never saw that. He should be suspended, on the other hand, u gotta love a player that plays hard and with emotion. Boguts Gully.
heavensdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:58 PM   #8
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

I don't know about yall but during the early 90's and late 80's (although I didn't see much of the late 80s) you'd see people fighting, throwing elbows, pushing around and people wouldnt get fined, wouldnt get thrown out of the game either. No suspensions. These guys played hard an a little dirty. Especiallywhen they were losing games.

You'd see clotheslinrs every other game. Pushing guys late in games too.

Now I understand Raps and Lakers fans getting kind of emotional, but remeber Kobe hasa history of elbowing people. They're trying to get a message through I guess. agree they have to be consistent, but don't cry over such pansy fouls.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 04:01 PM   #9
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

If the elbow had made contact with Bosh's head and the league did not suspend him, then I would say you have a case to gripe. In Kobe's case, he has been suspended for making contact to the head. Am I wrong?
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 04:02 PM   #10
Real Men Wear Green
BathFrog of Doom

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot

Bogut's shove wasn't that bad. You see stuff like that happen all the time. His elbow wasn't very nice but it wasn't a huge issue. The finger wasn't cool. Could've gotten a 1 game suspension but I guess that's up to the Bucks org.

The Raptor fans do whine a lot but in this case Fatal has a point. That shove was very bad, Bosh couldn't see it coming and Bogut didn't even pretend to be going after the ball, he just pushed him from behind, and Bosh could have fallen and hurt himself. How is it any better than one of Bryant's elbows?
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 04:03 PM   #11
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot

You don't have to be a raptors' fan to understand how much worse this play was from what Kobe has been receiving... Kobe unintentionally hit somebody and got a suspension... Bogut, first intentionally elbowed Bosh (obviously there was intent to injure), then later on, while Bosh is unbalanced, he pushes him towards the baseline...

in both cases, there was an intent to injure, I don't care if anybody thinks that is blowing it out of proportion or not, there was intent to injure... and to top it off, he flips off his own fan... and that for some reason, does not warrant a suspension...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 04:04 PM   #12
Fatal9
owwwww

Fatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Everyone knows that Bogut should not be suspended BUT when you consider what Kobe has been suspended for in the last month, then Bogut should be suspended if the league is going to remain consistent disciplining players. If Kobe hadn't been suspended TWICE for inadvertant elbows then this thread wouldn't exist. But since a precedent has been set, why has Bogut not been suspended for something worse than Kobe's elbows? Consistency is all people are asking for...
Fatal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 04:05 PM   #13
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal9
Everyone knows that Bogut should not be suspended

well then everyone is wrong...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 04:10 PM   #14
ThaKid
King

ThaKid has an OK reputation so far

Bogut's a Grade A jerk...lost alot of respect for him from Monday until now...a sore loser
ThaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 04:12 PM   #15
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster

Bogut's an ass. Props to TJ for sticking up fro his teammate. I appreciate that. And because of so, I am slowly becoming a Raptors fan.
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: