Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-14-2007, 12:09 PM   #16
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Should Utah try to trade Kirilenko for a sg this summer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny4MVP2k
I thought I satisfied Utah's Euro infatuation by including Rebraca
I love this guy (ever since he was a very solid big for the pistons). Too bad he came over so old or he could really help a team, but all the back issues have piled up. Very fundamentally sound big.

Clearly Maggette is the best player in the trade (currently. Poor grant hill ). Still not sold that he could be happy with the 7-10 shots AK gets a night. Still, williams, brewer, maggs, booz and memo w/ Harpring, fish, giri, and milsap off the bench would be a very strong team barring nay selfishness. Oh yeah and Collins. Hes tall at least
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:16 PM   #17
Penny4MVP2k
I hit open 5-footers

Penny4MVP2k has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
exactly. Think Maggette would be happy when 60% of the shots are coming out of the 4 and 5? Good solid role player types is what they need. HT at the 3 and for the 3. All I am saying is give brewer a chance

Fair enough assumption, but forgive if I'm wrong (you guys probably watch more Jazz games than I do), but wouldn't they just play Fish more minutes if this were the case?

I believe playing with a guy like Deron Williams would make any guy happy, including Maggette, despite a little bit of a role-decrease. Last time I heard, he wasn't exactly the happiest dude in LALA land, so I think any move would satisfy him... especially to a winning squad.

But since this is a topic about trading AK, i think this scenario would be pretty good for Utah. With Maggette on the wing, they'd have a Phoenix style thing going. Time for Coach Sloan to get with the times!

Edit:
Congratulations! This is about the most I've debated on ISH in the past 3 years. Glad I could share the moment with a knowledgeable fan.

Last edited by Penny4MVP2k : 03-14-2007 at 12:20 PM.
Penny4MVP2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:50 PM   #18
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orealius
Trade Kirilenko to the Bucks for Simmons and their 1st.
Awesome. I really hope that happens, seriously.

Either that or Kirilenko for Jason Richardson.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:57 PM   #19
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

AK for Jason Richardson is a good trade.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 01:05 PM   #20
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
AK for Jason Richardson is a good trade.
Made a thread about it one or two months ago. Dig it up if you feel like it. There was some debate about it.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:07 PM   #21
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Bucks wouldn't include their first for Kirilenko lol.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 01:10 PM   #22
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
The Bucks wouldn't include their first for Kirilenko lol.
What if it ends up sucking lol?

Kirilenko and Utah's first for Milwaukee's first and Simmons.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:38 PM   #23
Darkess
High School Varsity 12th Man

Darkess has not been impressing people

There's also the hidden "Larry Miller reason" to trade Kirilenko, we need his money gone when it comes contract time. Larry Miller (owner of the Jazz) does not approve of over the salary cap spending.

There's time now, but the reality is that Deron Williams, Mehmet Okur, and even perhaps Carlos Boozer are going to need raises when the time comes.

I'd say get rid of Kirilenko the moment he gets out of this slump and gets a little value.
Darkess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 01:49 PM   #24
Darius
Good college starter

Darius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat cool

At this point Kirilenko has a bad deal.

Jazz cannot get equal value for him.

He makes the max for goodness sakes.
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:53 PM   #25
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Chalkmaze has decent reputationChalkmaze has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkess
There's also the hidden "Larry Miller reason" to trade Kirilenko, we need his money gone when it comes contract time. Larry Miller (owner of the Jazz) does not approve of over the salary cap spending.

He changed his stance recently, saying he would go over the cap for the right situation... So if he felt Kirelenko, or a free-agent would really add something then he's willing to go over. But he's not going to be like a New York, and just go get some high paid guy cuz he's okay.. and hope for the best... It needs to be a pretty clear picture that the guy is going to add something, whether that means keeping someone or bringing in someone. That being said... if they feel they can get better talent or fit for the money then they will trade.

OH... and big big big thumbs down to the Grant Hill scenerio... Maggette yes... and I have no opinion on the other deals... but Grant Hill's days are numbered and that would be a horrible trade for Utah... He's the kinda guy you get from free-agency, or from trading much lesser young talent for, or from trading some old banged up players for.
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:23 PM   #26
knicks15
Local High School Star

knicks15 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
I'm digging that Ray Allen suggestion. Nice one!!!

too bad seattle would never do it
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 11:01 PM   #27
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

How about Vince instead of Richardson? I feel like the Jazz could use Vince's pure scoring ability more than Richardson's talents.

And I think AK would be sick with Kidd feeding him easy looks at the basket. That would be a fun team to watch, with AK taking K-mart's old job.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 11:10 PM   #28
Duck Rodgers
Serious playground baller

Duck Rodgers has an OK reputation so far

AK could be the difference in a title run...we don't need more scoring.

If any of you haven't watched Gordon Giricek play before....he is a pretty damn solid 2 guard. Not to mention...the guy somehow became an all-world defender in the past year(probably because Sloan won't let him play otherwise). He's a player...just needs to start and the full support of his coach.

The Jazz have some rotation kinks and some favortisim that needs to be worked out...beyond that....just keep adding better talent through the draft...and make a few little moves in Free Agency and trades and this team is legit for years to come.
Duck Rodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: