Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2014, 06:02 PM   #1
Clyde
Local High School Star
 
Clyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,364
Default New Civilization Game this fall

Huge fan of this series.

Can't wait to see more.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/4...-debut-trailer
Clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 06:07 PM   #2
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot
 
Qwyjibo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 12,782
Default Re: New Civilization Game this fall

This is basically Alpha Centauri 2 without calling it that (they probably don't own the rights to the name) and Alpha Centauri was an awesome game. Just like every other Civ release, this game will suck up my time like no other game out there. Shut up and take my money.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:26 PM   #3
embersyc
Lurker
 
embersyc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Detroit
Posts: 4,136
Default Re: New Civilization Game this fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
This is basically Alpha Centauri 2 without calling it that (they probably don't own the rights to the name) and Alpha Centauri was an awesome game. Just like every other Civ release, this game will suck up my time like no other game out there. Shut up and take my money.

EA owns the name Alpha Centauri.

Can't wait, gonna be awesome. Alpha Centauri was one of the best ones.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 02:24 AM   #4
Burgz V2
Good college starter
 
Burgz V2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,242
Default Re: New Civilization Game this fall

yes please
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 04:45 PM   #5
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!
 
nightprowler10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Madhouse on Madison
Posts: 4,064
Default Re: New Civilization Game this fall

The only Civ I've played is Civ 5 on PS3 (which was apparently the abbreviated version). How does that one rank in the series?
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:48 PM   #6
Clyde
Local High School Star
 
Clyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,364
Default Re: New Civilization Game this fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightprowler10
The only Civ I've played is Civ 5 on PS3 (which was apparently the abbreviated version). How does that one rank in the series?

the ps3 version?

it's hot garbage compared to PC.

its like playing 1/4 of the game.
Clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:49 PM   #7
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!
 
nightprowler10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Madhouse on Madison
Posts: 4,064
Default Re: New Civilization Game this fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde
the ps3 version?

it's hot garbage compared to PC.

its like playing 1/4 of the game.
Damn, and it was still kind of addictive. Which one would you recommend?
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:06 PM   #8
becken
I hit open layups
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 157
Default Re: New Civilization Game this fall

Its shame, they are probably making it a separate game. It would be great, if they made it as part of the standard game - player would go through time from the stone pikes to conquering the space. Something like civilization and Masters of Orion in one package.
becken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:24 AM   #9
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey
 
$LakerGold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Venice Beach
Posts: 5,542
Default Re: New Civilization Game this fall

I wanted to play one of their games like 7 or so years ago, but my PC just couldn't handle it. When I would find a free download though, it would be a demo of the old one.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 05:41 PM   #10
embersyc
Lurker
 
embersyc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Detroit
Posts: 4,136
Default Re: New Civilization Game this fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightprowler10
Damn, and it was still kind of addictive. Which one would you recommend?

Civ 3 was fantastic and really took the series to new grounds.

Civ 4 brought about some big changes, including 3D graphics, but was buggy, and some systems were lacking when compared to Civ 3.

Civ 5 really revolutionized the series. Made it much more strategy based, by eliminating the stacking of units (which made war much harder) and bringing in the city states.

They are all great games. I'd recommend 5 the most, but make sure you get a pack that includes all the expansions, since they also add a lot of depth to the game. If you have an older machine, grab Civ 3 and it's expansions. Still really fun. I'd say to avoid Civ 4 at this point.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 05:10 PM   #11
bisk
.
 
bisk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,901
Default Re: New Civilization Game this fall

I'm pretty sure the general consensus was that IV was the best in the series, especially after the expansions...
bisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 06:49 PM   #12
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot
 
Qwyjibo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 12,782
Default Re: New Civilization Game this fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisk
I'm pretty sure the general consensus was that IV was the best in the series, especially after the expansions...
4 was the best for me too. I wouldn't play it over 5 NOW but when each of the Civ games were in their prime after expansions and patches, I always remember 4 as being the best experience. Civ 3 was the disappointing one in the series for me.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 12:46 PM   #13
bisk
.
 
bisk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,901
Default Re: New Civilization Game this fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
4 was the best for me too. I wouldn't play it over 5 NOW but when each of the Civ games were in their prime after expansions and patches, I always remember 4 as being the best experience. Civ 3 was the disappointing one in the series for me.

I haven't tried out 5 yet, my pc is way too old .
Actually bought 4 once again from Steam's last holiday sale. Might fire the old game up again, just haven't had the time yet. Good times indeed.
bisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 10:34 PM   #14
buddha
dude, where's my shaq?
 
buddha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,089
Default Re: New Civilization Game this fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisk
I haven't tried out 5 yet, my pc is way too old .
Actually bought 4 once again from Steam's last holiday sale. Might fire the old game up again, just haven't had the time yet. Good times indeed.

how old is your PC? I play Civ 5 on a 2 year old HP laptop on low settings just fine.

the civ gaming experience isn't really about the graphics.
buddha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 05:56 PM   #15
bisk
.
 
bisk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,901
Default Re: New Civilization Game this fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha
how old is your PC? I play Civ 5 on a 2 year old HP laptop on low settings just fine.

the civ gaming experience isn't really about the graphics.

Well I barely sit behind the PC anymore because of lack of time, so I'm not upgrading it any time soon. It's like 7 or 8 years old, though.
bisk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:51 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy