Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2014, 07:11 PM   #1
Boston C's
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,731
Default franchise players

I dont like how ppl can say how certain stars/superstars can't win by being the man I believe that most ppl can win depending on their supporting cast...so ill issue a challenge to ish...I'm going to list superstars that most ppl think can't win a chip as the alpha and you tell me who you would surround them with that would compliment them best...A team in this era or the era of their prime that would pretty much guarentee a title... its a lot of work so even just picking one of the listed players would do

Carmelo Anthony

Vince Carter

Paul Pierce

Ray Allen

Allen Iverson

Steph Curry

Dwight Howard

Tmac
Boston C's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:12 PM   #2
Black and White
Celtics Till The End
 
Black and White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 5,236
Default Re: franchise players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston C's
Dwight Howard

Golden State Warriors
Black and White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:13 PM   #3
Black and White
Celtics Till The End
 
Black and White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 5,236
Default Re: franchise players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston C's
Carmelo Anthony

Spurs
Black and White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:16 PM   #4
MJistheGOAT
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 59
Default Re: franchise players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston C's
Carmelo Anthony

Magic, MJ, Carmelo, Bird, Shaq

Bench: Stockton, Kobe, Lebron, Barkley, Hakeem

Dynasty with Carmelo as the man ...

Oh wait
MJistheGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:16 PM   #5
Boston C's
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,731
Default Re: franchise players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and White
Golden State Warriors


Would dwight be the man in gs though?
Boston C's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:17 PM   #6
Boston C's
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,731
Default Re: franchise players

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJistheGOAT
Magic, MJ, Carmelo, Bird, Shaq

Bench: Stockton, Kobe, Lebron, Barkley, Hakeem

Dynasty with Carmelo as the man ...

Oh wait

come on try realllll hard
Boston C's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:18 PM   #7
Black and White
Celtics Till The End
 
Black and White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 5,236
Default Re: franchise players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston C's
Would dwight be the man in gs though?

If it was Orlando Dwight then yes
Black and White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:16 PM   #8
jalbert009
High School JV MVP
 
jalbert009's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 674
Default Re: franchise players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston C's
Tmac

The 09 Rockets would have been Strong Title Contenders if Tmac was healthy that season. No need to make up a team, that Roster was Great.

Yao / Mutombo
Scola / Landry
Artest / Battier
Tmac / Von Wafer
Alston / Brooks

This team had inside scoring, rebounding, Good defenders and shooters. They could just not stay healthy.
jalbert009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:22 PM   #9
waseem780
Joel Embiid NextGreatC
 
waseem780's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,344
Default Re: franchise players

AI - 2003-04 Pistons
waseem780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:24 PM   #10
livingby3's
Suns Ignite The Future
 
livingby3's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Planet Orange
Posts: 1,063
Default Re: franchise players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston C's

Dwight Howard

Seriously 2005-06 Suns.

Dwight, Kurt Thomas
Stoudemire, Diaw
Marion, Tim Thomas
Raja Bell, Barbosa, James Jones
Nash, Eddie House

The Salary won't work though. But even if you take out STAT i think the team has a chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston C's
Ray Allen

Current Grizzlies

Last edited by livingby3's : 01-07-2014 at 09:28 PM.
livingby3's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:31 PM   #11
iamgine
...
 
iamgine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,611
Default Re: franchise players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston C's
I dont like how ppl can say how certain stars/superstars can't win by being the man I believe that most ppl can win depending on their supporting cast...so ill issue a challenge to ish...I'm going to list superstars that most ppl think can't win a chip as the alpha and you tell me who you would surround them with that would compliment them best...A team in this era or the era of their prime that would pretty much guarentee a title... its a lot of work so even just picking one of the listed players would do

Carmelo Anthony

Vince Carter

Paul Pierce

Ray Allen

Allen Iverson

Steph Curry

Dwight Howard

Tmac
When ppl say can't win, they don't literally mean impossible to win. Just harder.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:08 PM   #12
Boston C's
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,731
Default Re: franchise players

[quote=waseem780]AI - 2003-04 Pistons[/QUOTE

I feel like any of those guys you plug in the 03-04 pistons its an auto championship lol
Boston C's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:09 PM   #13
Boston C's
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,731
Default Re: franchise players

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalbert009
The 09 Rockets would have been Strong Title Contenders if Tmac was healthy that season. No need to make up a team, that Roster was Great.

Yao / Mutombo
Scola / Landry
Artest / Battier
Tmac / Von Wafer
Alston / Brooks

This team had inside scoring, rebounding, Good defenders and shooters. They could just not stay healthy.

A prime Tmac would have pretty much got them a title but even if he was healthy tmac seemed like he was on the decline by 08 idk if they get by the lakers that yr granted I think this was the yr the lakers were pushed to 7 but still it seemed like to me that tmac wasn't as good as he once was at that point and at that point yao was probably the "man"
Boston C's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:12 PM   #14
Boston C's
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,731
Default Re: franchise players

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingby3's
Seriously 2005-06 Suns.

Dwight, Kurt Thomas
Stoudemire, Diaw
Marion, Tim Thomas
Raja Bell, Barbosa, James Jones
Nash, Eddie House

The Salary won't work though. But even if you take out STAT i think the team has a chance



Current Grizzlies

dwight with that phoenix team would be beast no doubt probably a title for them especially with miami

as for ray with the grizzlies I'm probably the biggest ray homer on ish but I don't think they beat the heat...put prime ray on the pacers and now were talkin
Boston C's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:13 PM   #15
Boston C's
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,731
Default Re: franchise players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and White
Spurs

you know what...this probably works lol
Boston C's is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:34 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy