Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-06-2014, 01:49 PM   #1
fpliii
LA Lakers Est. 1960

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default When you think of these players, which season first comes to mind?

These three:

Kobe Bryant
LeBron James
Michael Jordan

For me -

Kobe Bryant - 06-07
LeBron James - 08-09
Michael Jordan - 92-93
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:54 PM   #2
Element
It's ugly ass B.Walton

Element has decent reputation
Default Re: When you think of these players, which season first comes to mind?

Kobe 09-10 - beating Boston in Game 7. Best memory ever as a Laker fan.
LeBron 11-12 his first title. shut up all the ringless and choker jokes.
MJ 97-98 the only one of his title seasons i actually remember.

Last edited by Element : 01-06-2014 at 02:08 PM.
Element is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:56 PM   #3
Mr Exlax
McFailed next season

Mr Exlax has decent reputationMr Exlax has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii
These three:

Kobe Bryant
LeBron James
Michael Jordan

For me -

Kobe Bryant - 06-07
LeBron James - 08-09
Michael Jordan - 92-93

Seasons don't come up in my mind, but instances do. All 3 when they were the best player on the floor, but their teammates weren't good enough for them to win in a playoff series.
Mr Exlax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:00 PM   #4
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Kobe 2005-06
The year he scored 81 PTs, 62 in 3 qrts to outscore the eventual WCF champions Dallas Mavs, 40 PPG for the month of January, 35.4 PPG average.

LeBron 2005-06
This is the first season where I watched Cavaliers games that weren't just nationally televised. LBJ was #3 in PPG, averaging god-like numbers that you'll probably only see again in NBA 2K MyCareer mode, and he was just overall fun to watch.

Jordan 1995-96
I was 5-6 this season and I just remember all the hype around the Bulls with Jordan still playing like he's hungry for his first 'chip. Fun to see, especially years later when I can actually appreciate what he did.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:02 PM   #5
ABfor3
Keep it Trill

ABfor3 has decent reputation

Jordan- 88-89 32.5/8/8
Kobe- 06-07 32/6/5
LeBron- 09 10 30/7/9
ABfor3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:20 PM   #6
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

tmacattack33 has an OK reputation so far

Kobe - 2001...he became Kobe this year I believe...or whichever year it was that he started the year averaging 30 ppg

MJ - 1995 ...when he came back...i became a bball fan in 1994 and so when he came back and i finally got to see him play it was a big deal to me

Lebron - his senior year or high school was memorable as it was crazy to see a high school player get all of that attention and i'm sure nobody ever was hyped up that much...and i remember kids in school coming to school in his st mary st vincent jersey...shit was hilarious
tmacattack33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:21 PM   #7
3LiftHeatCurse
Alonzo Mournings Scowl

3LiftHeatCurse has decent reputation

Kobe Bryant - 03-04
LeBron James - 11-12
Michael Jordan - 87-88
3LiftHeatCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:30 PM   #8
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I first think of Finals.
Kobe 03/04 - Was so happy Pistons won and Kobe's shot amount (including his really good game) stuck in my mind.
LeBron 12/13 - Most painful Finals for me to watch and it was recent, so it sticks in my mind.
Jordan 97-98 - The shot to win it all. How does this not come to mind? Also, it was a farewell season, so that season actually stands out more anyway with the media circus that was.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:35 PM   #9
Budadiiii
Banned

Budadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Kobe 2009.

LeBron 2011 finals against Dallas Mavs. Epic choke job and one of the most memorable moments in sports history. Still have nightmares about that year and finals series. Remember he was like 0-20 in game tie/winning shots during the regular season? Something like that. WOW. Won't ever forget that season. Pressure isn't for everyone and it was like a nightmare watching the face of the league collapse under it like we will never see again.

After watching a ton of Jordan film, the year that sticks out is 1994. Baseball is my favorite sport.
Budadiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:44 PM   #10
j3lademaster
I get superstar calls

j3lademaster is a pretty well-respected posterj3lademaster is a pretty well-respected posterj3lademaster is a pretty well-respected poster

Jordan- 97-98 Because this was the first time MJ went into the finals as an underdog and came out a champion. Pipp went down, Stock(though he lost a step) was as good of a shooter as ever and still a pinpoint passer, Malone was that modified school buss with the cow catcher and spikes coming out of it that you see in bad zombie flicks just rolling through the league, but Jordan drops 45 out of the Bulls' 87 along with clutch play after clutch play on both ends to will his team to a ship. Phenomenal.

Kobe- 05-06 I'm not a Lakers fan so I can care less about their championship seasons, so Kobe's most entertaining season is what I'm going to remember about him. It was the first time I was able to admit "hmmmm... there are some things Kobe does better than Mike". Everyone tries to find a way to hate on Kobe's 81 because it was on the Raptors, but Lakers were actually down that game and Kobe's cast looked disinterested, so Kobe(literally) won that game by himself.

Lebron- 10-11 Lebron was the villain everyone loved to hate. He was arguably the best in the game and now had the best supporting cast (while doing dirty to a franchise the average fan can sympathize with). Dude was like Darth Vader that season, and I loved it.
j3lademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:54 PM   #11
I<3NBA
College superstar

I<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryI<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Kobe 03-04 - year of the rape case

Lebron 2010-2011 - not gonna lie, Lebron fans everywhere had a meltdown that Finals. it was also the season that Lebron was most hated and we had to endure all kinds of shit. but it was rewarding in a way because the season after, we saw Lebron grow up and mature and finally take his game to the next level. 2012 was icing on the cake.

Jordan 97-98 - the last season we saw the GOAT dominate. his last shot against the Jazz would be immortalized as probably the greatest shot of all time.
I<3NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 04:14 PM   #12
Micku
NBA lottery pick

Micku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Kobe- 00-01 Afro Kobe and Shaq era. Fun season.

LeBron James: It's really a toss up between 09 and 11. 09 with LBJ playing unreal in the playoffs. One of the best individual performances I've seen only to be upset by the Magic. I loved all the commercials between Kobe and LeBron just assuming that they would go to the Finals without regard for the other teams. Then the Cavs got upset, and they had to take the posters down by the Staples Center. And 11 because the Heat were the villains of the NBA (at least this was at its peak). Good times.

MJ: 1991 is the first came to my mind because of championship run. The only finals I have recorded in VHS tapes I think.
Micku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 04:23 PM   #13
JimmyMcAdocious
NBA rookie of the year

JimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation here

2001 FroBe

2008 LeBron

1991 MJ
JimmyMcAdocious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 04:24 PM   #14
Black and White
BTE Intern

Black and White has an incredible reputation hereBlack and White has an incredible reputation hereBlack and White has an incredible reputation hereBlack and White has an incredible reputation hereBlack and White has an incredible reputation hereBlack and White has an incredible reputation here

06 Kobe

09 LeBron

96 Jordan
Black and White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:15 AM   #15
Stringer Bell
High School Varsity 12th Man

Stringer Bell has decent reputation

Kobe Bryant: 2005-06
LeBron James: 2008-09
Michael Jordan: 1992-93

Not sure why MJ's 3rd title was the first to come to mind, but it just did.
Stringer Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: