Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-06-2014, 09:51 PM   #31
Leftimage
I dunk in Crocs

Default Re: Let's get this out the way, Lakers are a better franchise than the Celtics.

Better? Yes

More respected? No

#eastcoast #BillRussell
Leftimage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:52 PM   #32
Mr. Jabbar
Da Real Lambo

Default Re: Let's get this out the way, Lakers are a better franchise than the Celtics.

lakers will be fine soon enough... by the time celtics win their next tho, ill be able to use this sites search function to bump this thred
Mr. Jabbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:54 PM   #33
The-Legend-24
LA DECIMA!!

It's pretty clear, Celtics are the franchise that won 11 of their titles in a what? 5 team league, and then went on a 20+ year drought of not winning shit.

And we have more legendary players than them, Kobe, Magic, Kareem, West >

Lakers >>
The-Legend-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:54 PM   #34
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe94
Bynum is a superstar? Stop being obtuse and sarcastic. You know damn well the Lakers are going to be okay.
I'm sorry, but one of us has to deal in reality. You are talking about them bringing in a great player but can't really name anyone. Well, I have at least heard rumors they are trying to trade Gasol for Bynum. Though to be fair, that may just be a salary dump with Bynum getting cut immediately. They got to save some money after all, Kobe is due quite a few dollars.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:56 PM   #35
Black and White
BTE Intern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
lakers will be fine soon enough... by the time celtics win their next tho, ill be able to use this sites search function to bump this thred

Tbh the Celtics are starting to build a nice platform, we have a lot of draft picks and cap flexibility (especially if Danny can move Wallace's contract) to pick up some nice pieces to turn us back into a contender, you will see us contending soon enough.
Black and White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:57 PM   #36
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Legend-24
It's pretty clear, Celtics are the franchise that won 11 of their titles in a what? 5 team league, and then went on a 20+ year drought of not winning shit.
You know who else was in that "5 team league?" The Lakers. And they would have considerably more Championships if they didn't have to face the Celtics.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:03 PM   #37
Mr. Jabbar
Da Real Lambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and White
Tbh the Celtics are starting to build a nice platform, we have a lot of draft picks and cap flexibility (especially if Danny can move Wallace's contract) to pick up some nice pieces to turn us back into a contender, you will see us contending soon enough.

well ya but draft picks can be a double edged sword, id preffer to put my chips on the better free agent destination franchise when speculating about a next possible chip
Old 01-06-2014, 10:06 PM   #38
Derka
Go C's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Legend-24

And we have more legendary players than them, Kobe, Magic, Kareem, West >

Lakers >>

You know what's funny about Lakers fans using the 5-team argument? The Lakers were one of the teams we kept beating

Furthermore, if those titles belonged to LA, you guys would be singing the praises of them.

Last edited by Derka : 01-06-2014 at 10:09 PM.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:07 PM   #39
Legends66NBA7
Apex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
You know who else was in that "5 team league?" The Lakers. And they would have considerably more Championships if they didn't have to face the Celtics.

This is true.

I don't get why the "Laker fans" bring up the league argument, when I'm sure if the Lakers won those titles instead of the Celtics, they would defend those titles to the brink.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:07 PM   #40
LeGOAT
Banned

I agree. The Celtics stacked titles in the baby years of the NBA.
LeGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:10 PM   #41
Black and White
BTE Intern

Quote:
well ya but draft picks can be a double edged sword, id preffer to put my chips on the better free agent destination franchise when speculating about a next possible chip

Sure, draft picks will either work or not, same with free agency, the Lakers have room to make moves, no doubt they will, but Kobes contract crippled them a little (don't get me wrong, if I was Kobe I would take the contract too, it's the managements fault) and their title hopes are with him, we have the same chances to contend for the title in the next few years as the Lakers do.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:11 PM   #42
Black and White
BTE Intern

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeGOAT
I agree. The Celtics stacked titles in the baby years of the NBA.

Oh the irony
Old 01-06-2014, 10:11 PM   #43
Mr. Jabbar
Da Real Lambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derka
You know what's funny about Lakers fans using the 5-team argument? The Lakers were one of the teams we kept beating

that doesn't matter, the era competition was a joke. if you are willing to rank bill russell lower than his ring count indicates then you do the same with the celtics
Old 01-06-2014, 10:14 PM   #44
Derka
Go C's!

Quote:
that doesn't matter, the era competition was a joke. if you are willing to rank bill russell lower than his ring count indicates then you do the same with the celtics

It would matter if the Lakers had those titles and if you say otherwise, you are a liar.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:16 PM   #45
Mr. Jabbar
Da Real Lambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and White
Sure, draft picks will either work or not, same with free agency, the Lakers have room to make moves, no doubt they will, but Kobes contract crippled them a little (don't get me wrong, if I was Kobe I would take the contract too, it's the managements fault) and their title hopes are with him, we have the same chances to contend for the title in the next few years as the Lakers do.

true, while i still think there's more danger in picks than just dat, cause even if tey dont turn out busts or just average, when u hit th jackpot, on that rare ocassion, that player will most likely hit free agency at some point before being championship ready, so theres more risk than that....theres a reason crappy franchises that always get good picks do not sniff championships
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: