Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-03-2013, 10:31 PM   #1
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default NBA Pick 'Em: Week Two

STANDINGS
1. iamgine: 12
2. Tyler00: 11
- Fpliii: 11
3. Rhythmic_thesis: 10
- Scholar: 10
- Fsvr54: 10
- Chips93: 10
- Sakkreth: 10
- Rose’sACL: 10
- JimmyMcAdocious: 10
4. Branslowski: 9
- All Net: 9
- Kuniva_dAMiGhTy: 9
- CeltsGarlic: 9
- CanYouDigIt: 9
- Legends66NBA7: 9
- PistonsFan#21: 9
5. Wally450: 8
- RoundMoundofReb: 8
- LEFT4DEAD: 8
- TheGreatDeraj: 8
- CarlosBoozer: 8
- Poido123: 8
- Inferno: 8
6. JameerTheFear: 7
- Rose: 7
- QuebecBaller: 7
- Hitman24: 7
- Dr.hee: 7
30. Kurple - will be disqualified and replaced by interested prospects if he doesn't participate this week

The Rules
Make your selections in bold. Please also include how many points you think the specific team will win by (e.g. Los Angeles Lakers by 10 vs. Los Angeles Clippers).
You have until Tuesday, Nov. 5th, 2013 at 5 PM PST to make your selections. Any picks made after this set date and time will not count. Anyone who edits their post after this set date and time will face consequences.
Read the rules here for more details.

The Bets
In your initial post where you will cast your picks, you may make a bet challenge to anyone willing to accept. If someone accepts, he will have to quote your post. Only one person may accept any one bet. You may only bet up to 5 points. Person who made the bet may have to shoot me a PM if the bet is not acknowledged by me in a timely manner to let me know the bet has been accepted. You have until Tues., Nov. 5th at 5 pm PST (8 Eastern) to cast your bets. You may NOT cast bets for games or NBA related events that have passed (eg. do not make a bet saying, "Miami will beat Bulls on opening night" since it already happened).

The Wagers
Read about these here. Please understand the rules before posting. If you clearly did not understand, I will ignore your wager.

Pick one that you DISAGREE with (meaning, you don't think it will happen) if you want to risk a point (Note: You may only choose one):

1) Kevin Love will attempt more 3-Pters than Stephen Curry in the Golden State Warriors vs the Minnesota Timberwolves game on Wed., Nov. 6th.
2) Michael Carter-Williams will score 30 or more points vs the Washington Wizards on Wed., Nov. 6th.
3) The Miami Heat will out rebound the Los Angeles Clippers on Thurs., Nov. 7th.

Wagers are optional. Do not choose one if you don't want to risk losing a point.

THE PICKS:
Game One (Tues., 11/05/13): Atlanta Hawks @ Sacramento Kings
Game Two (Wed., 11/06/13): Washington Wizards @ Philadelphia 76ers
Game Three (Thurs., 11/07/13): Los Angeles Clippers @ Miami Heat
Game Four (Thurs., 11/07/13): Los Angeles Lakers @ Houston Rockets
Game Five (Sun., 11/10/13): San Antonio Spurs @ New York Knicks

Good luck.

Quick Note: If you feel I made a mistake in the standings, please let me know and give me actual concrete evidence that you deserve more points or someone deserves less points than I tallied here. Please also remember that everyone started with 5 points in Week One. All points include the initial 5 points, all picks + predicted "won-by-X-pts" totals, bets and wagers.
Though I believe I got it 100% accurate, I am only human after all and may have missed an accurate or inaccurate prediction.

Last edited by Scholar : 11-04-2013 at 08:38 AM.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:33 PM   #2
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: NBA Pick 'Em: Week Two

THE PICKS:
Game One (Tues., 11/05/13): Atlanta Hawks @ Sacramento Kings by 10
Game Two (Wed., 11/06/13): Washington Wizards @ Philadelphia 76ers by 12
Game Three (Thurs., 11/07/13): Los Angeles Clippers @ Miami Heat by 3
Game Four (Thurs., 11/07/13): Los Angeles Lakers by 5 @ Houston Rockets
Game Five (Sun., 11/10/13): San Antonio Spurs @ New York Knicks by 8

Wager: #1

Last edited by Scholar : 11-04-2013 at 08:38 AM.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:38 PM   #3
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

kuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation here

Good sh!t, Scholar. Onto week 2 fellas ...

Game One (Tues., 11/05/13): Hawks by 1 @ Kings
Game Two (Wed., 11/06/13): Wizards @ 76ers by 9
Game Three (Thurs., 11/07/13): Clippers @ Heat by 3
Game Four (Thurs., 11/07/13): Lakers @ Rockets by 18
Game Five (Sun., 11/10/13): Spurs @ Knicks by 2

Wager:
1) Kevin Love will attempt more 3-Pters than Stephen Curry in the Golden State Warriors vs the Minnesota Timberwolves game on Wed., Nov. 6th. -- disagree

Last edited by kuniva_dAMiGhTy : 11-04-2013 at 10:41 AM.
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:44 PM   #4
CanYouDigIt
Banned

CanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Game One (Tues., 11/05/13): Atlanta Hawks @ Sacramento Kings by 18
Game Two (Wed., 11/06/13): Washington Wizards @ Philadelphia 76ers by 12
Game Three (Thurs., 11/07/13): Los Angeles Clippers @ Miami Heat by 7
Game Four (Thurs., 11/07/13): Los Angeles Lakers @ Houston Rockets by 22
Game Five (Sun., 11/10/13): San Antonio Spurs @ New York Knicks by 10

I'll take the MCW Wager.

Edit: Wager.

Last edited by CanYouDigIt : 11-04-2013 at 08:48 AM.
CanYouDigIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:50 PM   #5
Jameerthefear
Elf = GOAT

Jameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

In last place
THE PICKS:
Game One (Tues., 11/05/13): Atlanta Hawks @ Sacramento Kings by 5
Game Two (Wed., 11/06/13): Washington Wizards @ Philadelphia 76ers by 10
Game Four (Thurs., 11/07/13): Los Angeles Lakers @ Houston Rockets by 7
Game Five (Sun., 11/10/13): San Antonio Spurs @ New York Knicks by 6

Wager
Michael Carter-Williams will score 30 or more points vs the Washington Wizards on Wed., Nov. 6th.
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:09 PM   #6
JimmyMcAdocious
NBA rookie of the year

JimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation here

(not Last! Your face Jameer!!!)

THE PICKS:
Game One (Tues., 11/05/13): Atlanta Hawks @ Sacramento Kings by 4
Game Two (Wed., 11/06/13): Washington Wizards by 7 @ Philadelphia 76ers
Game Three (Thurs., 11/07/13): Los Angeles Clippers @ Miami Heat by 10
Game Four (Thurs., 11/07/13): Los Angeles Lakers @ Houston Rockets by 13
Game Five (Sun., 11/10/13): San Antonio Spurs @ New York Knicks by 3

Wager:
1) Stephen Curry will shoot attempt at least five 3-pters vs the Minnesota Timberwolves on Wed., Nov. 6th.

Should have had a Dwight vs LA wager on there.
JimmyMcAdocious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:20 PM   #7
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

THE PICKS:
Game One (Tues., 11/05/13): Atlanta Hawks @ Sacramento Kings by 4
Game Two (Wed., 11/06/13): Washington Wizards by 5 @ Philadelphia 76ers
Game Four (Thurs., 11/07/13): Los Angeles Lakers @ Houston Rockets by 12
Game Five (Sun., 11/10/13): San Antonio Spurs by 9 @ New York Knicks

Wager:
2 - disagree

Last edited by RoundMoundOfReb : 11-04-2013 at 12:56 PM.
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:27 PM   #8
fsvr54
Decent college freshman

fsvr54 is considered somewhat coolfsvr54 is considered somewhat cool

Game One (Tues., 11/05/13): Atlanta Hawks by 7 @ Sacramento Kings
Game Two (Wed., 11/06/13): Washington Wizards by 3 @ Philadelphia 76ers
Game Three (Thurs., 11/07/13): Los Angeles Clippers @ Miami Heat by 9
Game Four (Thurs., 11/07/13): Los Angeles Lakers @ Houston Rockets by 10
Game Five (Sun., 11/10/13): San Antonio Spurs by 12 @ New York Knicks

Wager:
2) Michael Carter-Williams will score 30 or more points vs the Washington Wizards on Wed., Nov. 6th.

Disagree

Man, I really had trouble deciding on the Wizards/76ers game

Last edited by fsvr54 : 11-04-2013 at 07:37 PM.
fsvr54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:45 PM   #9
iamgine

iamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected poster

Game One (Tues., 11/05/13): Atlanta Hawks by 11 @ Sacramento Kings
Game Two (Wed., 11/06/13): Washington Wizards @ Philadelphia 76ers by 8
Game Three (Thurs., 11/07/13): Los Angeles Clippers @ Miami Heat by 9
Game Four (Thurs., 11/07/13): Los Angeles Lakers @ Houston Rockets by 19
Game Five (Sun., 11/10/13): San Antonio Spurs @ New York Knicks by 10

iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:35 AM   #10
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsvr54
Man, I really had trouble deciding on the Wizards/76ers game

Yeah, same here. I also struggled deciding the Heat vs Clippers game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
Should have had a Dwight vs LA wager on there.

Eh... I probably should have, but now it's too late.

For next week, I'll come with better wagers. The Steph Curry wager seems too easy.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:06 AM   #11
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Game One (Tues., 11/05/13): Atlanta Hawks @ Sacramento Kings by 3
Game Three (Thurs., 11/07/13): Los Angeles Clippers @ Miami Heat by 6
Game Four (Thurs., 11/07/13): Los Angeles Lakers @ Houston Rockets by 15
Game Five (Sun., 11/10/13): San Antonio Spurs @ New York Knicks by 2.

Also I take the Steph Curry wager.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:27 AM   #12
branslowski
BOW DOWN TO GREATNESS

branslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

4. Branslowski: 9pts

THE PICKS:
Game One (Tues., 11/05/13): Atlanta Hawks @ Sacramento Kings
Game Two (Wed., 11/06/13): Washington Wizards @ Philadelphia 76ers
Game Three (Thurs., 11/07/13): Los Angeles Clippers @ Miami Heat
Game Four (Thurs., 11/07/13): Los Angeles Lakers @ Houston Rockets
Game Five (Sun., 11/10/13): San Antonio Spurs @ New York Knicks

My Picks:

Game 1- Kings by 7
Game 2-Wizards by 9
Game 3- Heat by 6
Game 4- Rockets by 12
Game 5- Spurs by 13

I'll take that Steph Curry Wager.
branslowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:58 AM   #13
dr.hee
Decent college freshman

dr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar
For next week, I'll come with better wagers. The Steph Curry wager seems too easy.

Maybe that's a stupid question, but English isn't my 1st language and I'm not sure if I got this right...if I take the Curry wager, I'm betting that he isn't attempting at least 5 3pt attempts, right? That's how I understood you specifically saying I have to pick a wager I disagree with. Or is it the other way around, and I'm just dumb as f*ck?
dr.hee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:17 AM   #14
Sakkreth
Raptors/LTU/Zalgiris

Sakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation here

Game One (Tues., 11/05/13): Atlanta Hawks @ Sacramento Kings by 7
Game Two (Wed., 11/06/13): Washington Wizards @ Philadelphia 76ers by 9
Game Three (Thurs., 11/07/13): Los Angeles Clippers @ Miami Heat by 11
Game Four (Thurs., 11/07/13): Los Angeles Lakers @ Houston Rockets by 8
Game Five (Sun., 11/10/13): San Antonio Spurs by 5 @ New York Knicks

1) Kevin Love will attempt more 3-Pters than Stephen Curry in the Golden State Warriors vs the Minnesota Timberwolves game on Wed., Nov. 6th.

Edited, cause of wager change by Scholar.

Last edited by Sakkreth : 11-04-2013 at 09:12 AM.
Sakkreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:29 AM   #15
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

THE PICKS:
Game One (Tues., 11/05/13): Atlanta Hawks @ Sacramento Kings by 6

Game Three (Thurs.11/07/13): Los Angeles Clippers @ Miami Heat by 7
Game Four (Thurs., 11/07/13): Los Angeles Lakers @ Houston Rockets by 12
Game Five (Sun., 11/10/13): San Antonio Spurs by 5 @ New York Knicks

WAGER- Michael Carter-Williams will score 30 or more points vs the Washington Wizards on Wed., Nov. 6th.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: