Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 11:03 PM   #16
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2013-2014 Brooklyn Nets Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
Yeah, we should be 2-0 but whatever. The Nets just need to improve and if we win 60+ games while remaining healthy, I'll be happy. The one, two or three seed is the only goal though, for right now.
As good as we looked against the Heat today, I'd still want to avoid them in the playoffs until the ECF. So let's get that 1 or 2 seed!
Old 11-01-2013, 11:40 PM   #17
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

iíve been sick in bed today, just using tablet. pretty good excuse for me to skip the game at the time, since i could not have beared to watch the heat beat us. but wow.

of course i might have had palpitations if i did watch, given how close it was.

i read that the ball movement was better tonight. i really love that. will be interesting to see what analysis thebrooklyngame does for this one.

good work, boys.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:04 AM   #18
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
iíve been sick in bed today, just using tablet. pretty good excuse for me to skip the game at the time, since i could not have beared to watch the heat beat us. but wow.

of course i might have had palpitations if i did watch, given how close it was.

i read that the ball movement was better tonight. i really love that. will be interesting to see what analysis thebrooklyngame does for this one.

good work, boys.
Feel better man! Hopefully this win gets makes you feel better!
Old 11-02-2013, 02:04 AM   #19
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

thanks, mate. i do feel better now.

so yesterday, in the middle of my sleep, i got up to go to the bathroom, slipped on a plastic bag in the dark and cracked my head on the floor. i got over the pain and was pulling myself together when i noticed blood streaming down the left side of my face. seems i cut myself just below the left eyebrow and gave myself a partial black eye and swollen orbital area from where i hit.

just worried about infection at this point, but i don't feel feverish or anything, so it seems okay.

anyway, the plastic bag was laying there because i'd eaten too much spicy food for dinner and got the hiccups while i was trying to sleep. because if you keep breathing in to a bag you'll get a higher mix of CO2 after a little while and it will calm the nervous response of hiccups. anyway, at least that part worked(!)

so in future when people ask me about the scar, i'll certainly have the stupidest explanation ever.
Old 11-02-2013, 03:14 PM   #20
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Quote:

so yesterday, in the middle of my sleep, i got up to go to the bathroom, slipped on a plastic bag in the dark and cracked my head on the floor. i got over the pain and was pulling myself together when i noticed blood streaming down the left side of my face. seems i cut myself just below the left eyebrow and gave myself a partial black eye and swollen orbital area from where i hit.

just worried about infection at this point, but i don't feel feverish or anything, so it seems okay.

anyway, the plastic bag was laying there because i'd eaten too much spicy food for dinner and got the hiccups while i was trying to sleep. because if you keep breathing in to a bag you'll get a higher mix of CO2 after a little while and it will calm the nervous response of hiccups. anyway, at least that part worked(!)

so in future when people ask me about the scar, i'll certainly have the stupidest explanation ever.
Holy crap that's horrible. Did you need stitches or anything? Hope the scar turns out to look cool at least haha
Old 11-02-2013, 03:54 PM   #21
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

That sounds really bad, hopefully you wont gain a horrible scar on your forehead(sometimes people are lucky enough to avoid scars, you will have to pray my friend).
Old 11-02-2013, 04:44 PM   #22
gigantes
A piece of fluff

thanks, bros.

it's not a deep cut, so i cleaned it and skipped the hospital. i've seen enough MMA fights to be terrified of the real deal. my main concern is just infection. and apparently the eyelid is the thinnest area of skin on the whole body.

one thing that's a little crazy is how the blood is slowly wandering all the way from one side of the eye to the other. at this point it's become a pretty decent black eye. can't remember the last time i had one of those. 4th grade maybe?? anyway, if it does scar it should make for a nice little conversation piece. :P

it's funny, this also makes some of those stories about athletes injuring themselves at home a little more credible. you seem to hear it about baseball players... not as much NFL and NBA players.

kevin randleman, former heavyweight champ, once slipped and knocked himself out on his way to the ring. not sure when the last time an NBA player did that, though.
Old 11-03-2013, 03:25 PM   #23
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Man it feels so good to finally see the nets beat the heat. It's been a really long time! Orlando tonight, last year the nets beat them by an average 19+ margin
Old 11-03-2013, 08:50 PM   #24
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

NO excuse for this loss. A 20 point loss to the Magic? Give me a break. All the Nets did was shoot jumper after jumper and give up layup after shot after layup. The Nets starting 1-2 has very little to do with being a new team but rather being a team that looks down on inferior competition and only shows up for great teams. We're supposed to bring our own energy and tonight, there was no energy or passion. It's funny. The Nets were the best team last season against sub .500 teams. Now they might be the worst.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:28 PM   #25
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
NO excuse for this loss. A 20 point loss to the Magic? Give me a break. All the Nets did was shoot jumper after jumper and give up layup after shot after layup. The Nets starting 1-2 has very little to do with being a new team but rather being a team that looks down on inferior competition and only shows up for great teams. We're supposed to bring our own energy and tonight, there was no energy or passion. It's funny. The Nets were the best team last season against sub .500 teams. Now they might be the worst.
Hate to be the guy that blames the refs but the refs were pretty god-awful last night.

I agree though, championship teams don't lose these games. Both this and the Cavs game should have been W's.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:27 PM   #26
gigantes
A piece of fluff

- rookie HC coaching his first official game
- #1 player and #1 reserve working themselves back in to game shape
- many key new players to integrate
- the cornerstone of the offense (brook) playing with a new body

bumps should be expected.

it would actually be pretty bizarre if there weren't any.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:10 PM   #27
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
- rookie HC coaching his first official game
- #1 player and #1 reserve working themselves back in to game shape
- many key new players to integrate
- the cornerstone of the offense (brook) playing with a new body

bumps should be expected.

it would actually be pretty bizarre if there weren't any.
Yeah but we were in a worse position last year. Two head coaches, Gerald and Reggie as our starters, Deron battling through injury, Brook, Gerald and Joe missing games and our bench sucked yet we went 34-6 against sub .500 teams.

With the talent we have in our starting unit, under no circumstances should we EVER lose by 21 points to the Orlando Magic, a team that we beat by an average of 20 points in our four meetings against them last season. I hope this Nets team is not a rendition of the 2012-2013 Lakers. I pray it's not. Our defense and offensive struggles all point to that direction.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:22 PM   #28
gigantes
A piece of fluff

the formulas for life are deep and complex. you can't just boil things down to a select number of factors and assume the equation will spit out the result you're looking for.

trust the people and give them time. we have good people now. good things should happen. injury / age is the real threat to us. let's fight the right battles, here......
Old 11-05-2013, 10:18 PM   #29
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Brook played like a monster tonight. This is how it should be, work the offense through Brook.

Knicks about to lose to the Bobcats too. Tonight is a good night.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:58 PM   #30
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing
Brook played like a monster tonight. This is how it should be, work the offense through Brook.

Knicks about to lose to the Bobcats too. Tonight is a good night.
Brook was a beast tonight but only because he decided to man up and ONLY post from the low block and not shoot any jump shots.
He needs to have that mentality every game.

Only two negatives of the game are Blatche with three turnovers ( Nets player high) and 10 FG attempts ( 2nd behind Brook) and Mirza 0-5. I am still asking why was he brought here for?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread