Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 12:03 PM   #1
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default 2013-2014 Brooklyn Nets Post Game Thread

And so begins probably the most anticipated Nets season in the history of the team. Will the Brooklyn Nets live up to the hype? Will their 2nd season in Brooklyn be a historic one? Only one way to find out. Watch the Games!

Feel free to post your thoughts before, during, or after the game here.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:22 AM   #2
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2013-2014 Brooklyn Nets Post Game Thread

Though it is only game #1, that was a frustrating thing to watch. STOP PLAYING ALAN ANDERSON AT PG.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:04 AM   #3
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

just as the game was starting i typed out a message and then erased it, not wishing to be gloomy. but i basically said that i felt a bit uncomfortable with this level of hype going in to the season. reason being, i have no interest in seeing other teams gunning for us.

anyhoo...

kind of a bummer to see the newcomers... KG, pierce, JET... all do their jobs and then have so many others underperform or jack up too many shots.

let's hope the offense gets in shape and they work this stuff out.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:13 AM   #4
BuffaloNetsFan
Can barely lace up my sneakers

BuffaloNetsFan has decent reputation

Certainly not the start we all hoped for. Irving is really awesome for the Cavs though. Long season, no worries.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:17 PM   #5
D12"Magic"
College superstar

D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here

Nets management needs to be straight up with us. We should know what is up with Deron.

I understand a minute restriction, but it would of been wise to split the minutes in two halfs instead of playing the 4th q with out him. He had 9 assist in the limited minutes he played, he really could put up nice numbers this year, i just pray hes healthy

AK is back tomorrow, that is huge.

Im not worried about possibly starting 0-2. In Decemeber we were 14-14 last year, and ended up improving a lot. We are an even better team now to
Old 11-01-2013, 04:06 PM   #6
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
just as the game was starting i typed out a message and then erased it, not wishing to be gloomy. but i basically said that i felt a bit uncomfortable with this level of hype going in to the season. reason being, i have no interest in seeing other teams gunning for us.

anyhoo...

kind of a bummer to see the newcomers... KG, pierce, JET... all do their jobs and then have so many others underperform or jack up too many shots.

Exactly. Joe, andray and Shaun gave us nothing. It was a close game but those are the games that WE should win and not the young and inexperienced cavs. Brook still shooting too many damn jumpers and we can also blame our struggles on our coach killing the momentum too many times and the cavs hitting a lot of lucky buzzer beating shots
Old 11-01-2013, 05:18 PM   #7
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Well a 0-2 start will be extremely terrible(though quite likely) since this team is built to win more games early in the season and then coast through the second half of the season by resting old legs. A bad start of the season will significantly increase the chance and severity of players such as KG, PP to get injured, since they will be forced to play more minutes than they otherwise will have to. Look at Kobe last season and you know what I am talking about.

If the Nets cannot post a 65-70% winning percentage by all-star break we should lower our expectation to getting past first round. Not trying to discourage you guys, we do need to prepare for all kinds of possibilities with this current team.

Last edited by Kiddlovesnets : 11-01-2013 at 05:21 PM.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:03 PM   #8
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
Exactly. Joe, andray and Shaun gave us nothing. It was a close game but those are the games that WE should win and not the young and inexperienced cavs. Brook still shooting too many damn jumpers and we can also blame our struggles on our coach killing the momentum too many times and the cavs hitting a lot of lucky buzzer beating shots
did you see the reed wallach article critiquing brook’s game? he seemed to make some good solid points about bad habits that brook needs to break. maybe KG needs to get past his ass-kissing phase and get in the dude’s face if he keeps this up.

@kiddlovesnets,
are your expectations flexible this season because you know you could never give kidd the same treatment that you’ve given previous nets coaches?
Old 11-01-2013, 08:50 PM   #9
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
@kiddlovesnets,
are your expectations flexible this season because you know you could never give kidd the same treatment that you’ve given previous nets coaches?

Well Avery Johnson has been proven to be a horrible coach before the start of 2012-2013 season, its not like he will become magically better as a coach if we give him a better treatment. Kidd's a brand new coach in the making, no one knows how good he is until at least half of the season plays. Still, its a bold decision for him to take over the nets at this stage, we are in win-now mode but for a rookie coach a 2nd round exit actually is quite impressive.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:23 PM   #10
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Quote:

anyhoo...

DO YOU BELIEVE IN THE HYPE NOW GIGS?!

Just kidding lol but still I'm pumped we just knocked off Miami. What a game. Our bench really came through today.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:26 PM   #11
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I wish the Nets closed the game out and won by double digits like they should have so I could keep some hair but this game was great. Deron is not being aggressive enough on offense but his assists are very solid. We played fantastic defense in the first quarter and in the third and horrible defense the other two quarters. Hopefully we can fix that up and be more consistent. Also, our bench, minus Shaun, was magnificent. Reggie looked upset and less upbeat then normal due to a lack of playing time. Hopefully he doesn't lose faith.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:29 PM   #12
D12"Magic"
College superstar

D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here

I told myself I would take a loss to the Cavs if it meant we won our second game against the Heat, so yeah

Pierce is gonna be huge for us, Deron can now go back to his nice passing game.

AK play 11 mins and played very good for us. Our team looks so deep, even when you have Alan Anderson playing most of the 4th against the Heat( who played very well). Blatche is very terrible on defense, and is very turn over prone. Once KG sat out the defense looked bad, but Blatche turned it around 2nd half

Nets first win against LeBron
Old 11-01-2013, 10:37 PM   #13
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Good win, wish we'd started 2-0 but 1-1 is not that bad(although honestly, I thought we'd rout the Cavs and lose to the Heat instead before the season began).

Come to think about it, there is a reason for nets to play Alan Anderson a lot. Dude shows that he can play, hes definitely nowhere close to the level of our other veterans but if he keeps this up he may as well be able to contribute 10-12mins even in playoffs, which will significantly lesson the burden of older players like KG and PP.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:40 PM   #14
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

Yeah, we should be 2-0 but whatever. The Nets just need to improve and if we win 60+ games while remaining healthy, I'll be happy. The one, two or three seed is the only goal though, for right now.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:49 PM   #15
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
Yeah, we should be 2-0 but whatever. The Nets just need to improve and if we win 60+ games while remaining healthy, I'll be happy. The one, two or three seed is the only goal though, for right now.

I hope we win 60 games, but realistically 54-57 wins are reasonable assuming no major injuries to key players. In the Eastern conference thats enough for top 3 seed, probably top 2 seed.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread