Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 12-29-2013, 12:28 AM   #91
Lakers91
Decent playground baller

Default Re: ☆ Lakers Open Court ☆

Seeing as this is the Lakers open court and can post anything, it's not strictly basketball related more injury problems related haha, has anyone here suffered shin splints or anything like that or if you can recommend something that can fix it or reduce the problem or just any ideas ? Developed them in the last few months and finding it rather terrible trying to play sports with bad shin splints, any answers or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Lakers91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:30 PM   #92
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

Unhappy Hey guys....

It has been a great journey.... #LakersForLife #FriendshipOverBusiness
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:53 PM   #93
Lakers91
Decent playground baller

Default Re: Hey guys....

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
It has been a great journey.... #LakersForLife #FriendshipOverBusiness

Certainly being a Laker fan especially sports wise but just in life has brought me great joy for since I was about 5 years old, certainly brought me some of the best sporting memories, hopefully the championship banner has some more added to it soon , albeit there is no true reward without a test of endurance, the current period of rebuilding and uncertainty certainly requires patience as a fan, no matter problems with management, coaching, player decisions whatever being a fan of the team itself trumps that (the team over the individuals or the management or the coach or if it's a bad team etc). I find it silly when people say why do people say "we" when talking about teams, it's quite simple because the fans are what make sports and allow elite sports and sports in all facets possible and because of the energy, passion, anger etc that are all put into following teams along with whatever money is spent on merchandise; ticket sales if you go etc etc so after all that I think fans deserve to say when it comes to teams "we" if they choose. Sad to see Fisher go but without too much begrudging I suppose, but unfortunately the decision was made and I agreed with it but didn't like it, he certainly deserves respect for the leadership he brought in his stints here alone without other on court statistical contributions, I think Kobe would have been hurt a lot having to see him play for other teams, someone who he essentially matured with and became basically turned into an adult with to me they certainly had a strong bond even after Fisher leaving for the last time and partly why it's refreshing to see players leave gracefully and not hold grudges, I found it rather disappointing when Ray Allen left the Celtics and all that Garnett mostly not sure what Pierce did basically ignored Ray. (The above was just my recollections and fond memories some of those pictures brought up haha and felt like sharing on the subject).

Last edited by Lakers91 : 01-05-2014 at 10:57 PM.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:09 PM   #94
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers91
Certainly being a Laker fan especially sports wise but just in life has brought me great joy for since I was about 5 years old, certainly brought me some of the best sporting memories, hopefully the championship banner has some more added to it soon , albeit there is no true reward without a test of endurance, the current period of rebuilding and uncertainty certainly requires patience as a fan, no matter problems with management, coaching, player decisions whatever being a fan of the team itself trumps that (the team over the individuals or the management or the coach or if it's a bad team etc). I find it silly when people say why do people say "we" when talking about teams, it's quite simple because the fans are what make sports and allow elite sports and sports in all facets possible and because of the energy, passion, anger etc that are all put into following teams along with whatever money is spent on merchandise; ticket sales if you go etc etc so after all that I think fans deserve to say when it comes to teams "we" if they choose. Sad to see Fisher go but without too much begrudging I suppose, but unfortunately the decision was made and I agreed with it but didn't like it, he certainly deserves respect for the leadership he brought in his stints here alone without other on court statistical contributions, I think Kobe would have been hurt a lot having to see him play for other teams, someone who he essentially matured with and became basically turned into an adult with to me they certainly had a strong bond even after Fisher leaving for the last time and partly why it's refreshing to see players leave gracefully and not hold grudges, I found it rather disappointing when Ray Allen left the Celtics and all that Garnett mostly not sure what Pierce did basically ignored Ray. (The above was just my recollections and fond memories some of those pictures brought up haha and felt like sharing on the subject).

Which one do you think is way worse for the Lakers? Change of name? or change of theme color?
Old 01-06-2014, 09:29 PM   #95
Lakers91
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Which one do you think is way worse for the Lakers? Change of name? or change of theme color?

Well that's different haha , I suppose in a way changing the name might make more sense logically because well after the change to LA I suppose some have said the Lakers doesn't quite make sense (I don't know I'm not an expert on U.S geography and don't pretend to be) but I'd assume due to being from Minneapolis etc Lakers from there maybe it doesn't make quite as much sense being the Lakers in LA but would I change it? No way, LA is the Lakers everyone I think to be honest if I asked non basketball followers a team they would say the Lakers or Bulls before any other but they'd say that the Bulls or the Lakers they wouldn't say Chicago or Los Angeles in my opinion the actual team name from just the general population as far as I think would be more known than the city or state the team is based in. So which would I think would be worse, a team name change it isn't just the LA brand but more so as a whole the "Lakers" brand, it's too strong to change a name of people know the Lakers more than just Los Angeles x (whatever you change it to). So I would say although the purple and gold is very iconic people know it I think the Lakers name is more valuable as a brand to change than the colours but god I hope neither change hah, what do you think?
Old 01-07-2014, 09:21 PM   #96
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

Quote:
Well that's different haha , I suppose in a way changing the name might make more sense logically because well after the change to LA I suppose some have said the Lakers doesn't quite make sense (I don't know I'm not an expert on U.S geography and don't pretend to be) but I'd assume due to being from Minneapolis etc Lakers from there maybe it doesn't make quite as much sense being the Lakers in LA but would I change it? No way, LA is the Lakers everyone I think to be honest if I asked non basketball followers a team they would say the Lakers or Bulls before any other but they'd say that the Bulls or the Lakers they wouldn't say Chicago or Los Angeles in my opinion the actual team name from just the general population as far as I think would be more known than the city or state the team is based in. So which would I think would be worse, a team name change it isn't just the LA brand but more so as a whole the "Lakers" brand, it's too strong to change a name of people know the Lakers more than just Los Angeles x (whatever you change it to). So I would say although the purple and gold is very iconic people know it I think the Lakers name is more valuable as a brand to change than the colours but god I hope neither change hah, what do you think?
I agree 100%. The only name that can replace 'Lakers' to me is 'Royal'. You know, like Royal King. Because LA has always been like the 'Glamour' state, well one of it -- tied with Vegas, & New York. But yeah, it's the state where most of the celebrities live & everything.

Los Angeles Royals
Old 01-07-2014, 09:28 PM   #97
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

Yall should start creating topics/threads in the Lakers forum. Articles about the past, off the court stuffs that we missed out on, or current off the court news, or anything ... whatever. lol

Don't take it personally when I merge threads.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:33 AM   #98
Lakers91
Decent playground baller

Quote:
I agree 100%. The only name that can replace 'Lakers' to me is 'Royal'. You know, like Royal King. Because LA has always been like the 'Glamour' state, well one of it -- tied with Vegas, & New York. But yeah, it's the state where most of the celebrities live & everything.

Los Angeles Royals

Haha yeah I can see why just for me doesn't quite sound right, I'd like the Kings but that's the hockey team isn't it? I'm not really up to date with U.S judicial system/bureaucratic process, but could the new Pelicans owner or Hornets when he bought them have named them the Saints because he owns the NFL team too? Or is it not legally allowed to have them the same even with the same owner as they are a part of two separate sporting organisations?
Old 02-10-2014, 09:09 PM   #99
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

What's up!
Old 02-10-2014, 10:29 PM   #100
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

Quote:
What's up!

waiting for 2015
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:20 PM   #101
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

Lakers 91, can you remember the changes that Jim Buss made since taking over? I can only remember one & that's hiring Mike Brown. Didn't he also fire some long time staff of the Lakers?

I'm asking because I'm thinking of creating thread with a timeline or some kind of list of the changes that he has made since taking over, transactions.

1 or 2 will do Thanks.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:42 PM   #102
Lakers91
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Lakers 91, can you remember the changes that Jim Buss made since taking over? I can only remember one & that's hiring Mike Brown. Didn't he also fire some long time staff of the Lakers?

I'm asking because I'm thinking of creating thread with a timeline or some kind of list of the changes that he has made since taking over, transactions.

1 or 2 will do Thanks.

I'm not certain but I think there were some long term staff that were offered redundancies or something wasn't there? Long term staff that were under Phil Jackson to memory but I'd have to research it more to confirm, I reckon DK would be able to tell you more than I could on the topic but I'm pretty sure there were some other staff let go
Old 03-20-2014, 10:56 PM   #103
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
I'm not certain but I think there were some long term staff that were offered redundancies or something wasn't there? Long term staff that were under Phil Jackson to memory but I'd have to research it more to confirm, I reckon DK would be able to tell you more than I could on the topic but I'm pretty sure there were some other staff let go

Here ya go:

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/jul...yoffs-20110723

It was a bush league move by the Lakers (Jimmy Buss) and was a sign of bad things to come. This was something I never thought the franchise would do.
Throw loyalty out the window for a few bucks. There were even more employees fired after this article came out. Buss tried to save the loyalty image by signing Kobe to that terrible contract but it was an epic fail
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:14 AM   #104
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

Question for everyone.......IF, the Lakers didn't sign Kobe already, what would his current open market value be?
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:47 PM   #105
Lakers91
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Question for everyone.......IF, the Lakers didn't sign Kobe already, what would his current open market value be?

Assuming other teams management attempts to contact him? Given most know how loyal he is to the Lakers franchise (despite requested trades to memory to Chicago or LAC I think it was back when the team was quite average), I'm going to guess any offer from 6 or 7 up to 12 or 13 million a year depending on the team, given Josh Smith by the Pistons got a 13 million contract last year as an example, Kobe did produce 27 5 and 5 or so last year but the achilles injury would drop down his value a lot I imagine is why I started lower at 6 or 7, I could see a team going into the double digits but I can't see any team going over 14 or 15 given Lebron is earning 19 and KD is on 17 I don't think a team would offer their salary maybe to Kobe from last year if he can produce those numbers they would but again it's off an achilles injury so I don't see many offers above the 13 or 14 million mark. No team wants to commit massive contracts much anymore due to the CBA and how important financial flexibility is now and will even more so become as time goes on, LeBron is on 19 and will probably get more this year or deserves more, KD is on 17, Joe Johnsons has a massive contract on 18 or 19 or so but in terms of how teams are structuring now contracts over 20 million will become rarer and rarer if offered at all soon enough I imagine, players could still warrant them based on talent but every million is valuable to potential bench or role players so I think teams will begin to offer contracts at a slightly lower rate to pitch to sign other players or role players/bench improvement so I think Kobe could go on average 7 million dollar offers to 12 and maximum I'd say 15 I don't see any offering higher than that unless they just want the marketability/revenue from signing Kobe Bryant for off the court benefits.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: