Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 10-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #16
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: For DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Greatest player of all time.....hmm, I always avoid that one because of different eras, styles, competition, rules, amount of teams, medical treatment etc. I could better tell you my favorites than place one above the other....so i'll pass for now.

DK? According to some people on here who don't like me, it's either for D!ck or Doesn't Know
I'll leave that one a mystery

Yeah MJ, we had that Colts game but Pryor was nervous and didn't know how to finish a game. He keeps improving and I feel good about the direction the team is finally headed in. I would still love to see Gruden return or Cowher.
BTW.....it's always so good to beat the Chargers, I get to talk so much crap to their fans....lol.
I'm pumped up about Woodson, but even more so about Tracy Porter joining the team. I've also been a Saints fan since the mid 90's when they sucked, and I watched Porter put away the SB with that pick 6 off Manning.

The OL needs help, yeah injuries but still we gotta draft well and get some guys for next season.
Geez, I am way beyond sick of McFadden, dude is almost the Greg Oden of the NFL. It's amazing how many hyped RBs have been busts.....Mark Ingram is another one. Good to see Reggie Bush shutting people up again.

Carson Palmer, Matt Flynn = Total Garbage!!!! I'd take Tebow over them and some of the other bums starting in the NFL right now.....Jacksonville.....come on!!!!
LMAO that really old guys are trying to get back into the NFL...Favre, Jeff Garcia....who's next? Randall Cunningham? Troy Aikman? Doug Williams?

Haha I know man. I hate the chargers.(well anyone in our division)

But I was actually at a restaurant/bar aand in LA, a lot of fa.gg charger fans and it's always fun to start cheering on. Won a few bets too; just had a feeling.

Yeah, our O-line hasn't been as healthy as we need it to be, but we still need to draft players with early rounded picks (1,2,3,etc)

That's why I'm happy with Pryor. If he keeps developing, we won't need to waste a 1st for a QB. Depends on how he continues to get better but I think he will.
And I like Woodson because he's showing our young bucks how to be a pro, a defensive player, etc.

And I can't wait until Tyvon Branch comes back. Difference maker. And I hope Watson isn't another mcfadden. He looks like he should be a beast. But lamar Houston is a beast. Idk man, I'm just excited that our team fights. They don't give up and as we get healthy, get experience, chemistry, we will get better.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:44 AM   #17
Lakers91
Decent playground baller

Lakers91 has decent reputationLakers91 has decent reputation

Quote:
Greatest player of all time.....hmm, I always avoid that one because of different eras, styles, competition, rules, amount of teams, medical treatment etc. I could better tell you my favorites than place one above the other....so i'll pass for now.

DK? According to some people on here who don't like me, it's either for D!ck or Doesn't Know
I'll leave that one a mystery

Hi guys, a q I had for DKLaker, (I'm unfamiliar with your age but I think you've said before your older than most on this forum or said your an old guy before), are you old enough to have seen much of Russell/Wilt type era (could also add in all the other great center's of the 60's golden age of centers but those two are the most iconic of it so will leave it at that), did you see much or any of that era?
Lakers91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:24 AM   #18
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers91
Hi guys, a q I had for DKLaker, (I'm unfamiliar with your age but I think you've said before your older than most on this forum or said your an old guy before), are you old enough to have seen much of Russell/Wilt type era (could also add in all the other great center's of the 60's golden age of centers but those two are the most iconic of it so will leave it at that), did you see much or any of that era?

I started going to games in 1960 when the Lakers moved to LA and my dad bought season tickets. I blame Russell and the Celtics for almost ruining my childhood from a sports perspective. I wouldn't call the 60's a golden age of Centers but I give that title to the 70's. My all-time favorite match-ups were when Wilt and the Lakers went up against Alcindor (Kareem) and the Bucks.

The 70's centers were amazing with Wilt, Kareem, Walton, Cowens, Lanier, Unseld, Thurmond, McAdoo, Reed, Gilmore, Adams and Sikma.......man, that was insane talent that will never be seen again, if you look at the finals MVP's it was all about the Center position. Walton was an absolute beast in the 1977 postseason. Gilmore is one of my all time favs too. Seriously as far as the C position is concerned, I am sorry that young people missed this era.

Damn....I'm old My health is very good and I'm fit so I can't complain...lol.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:33 PM   #19
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

DK gotta be in his mid-60s. seen it all throughout basketball's growth to the global sport it is today, huh? Must have tons of great nba memories
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:56 AM   #20
Lakers91
Decent playground baller

Quote:
I started going to games in 1960 when the Lakers moved to LA and my dad bought season tickets. I blame Russell and the Celtics for almost ruining my childhood from a sports perspective. I wouldn't call the 60's a golden age of Centers but I give that title to the 70's. My all-time favorite match-ups were when Wilt and the Lakers went up against Alcindor (Kareem) and the Bucks.

The 70's centers were amazing with Wilt, Kareem, Walton, Cowens, Lanier, Unseld, Thurmond, McAdoo, Reed, Gilmore, Adams and Sikma.......man, that was insane talent that will never be seen again, if you look at the finals MVP's it was all about the Center position. Walton was an absolute beast in the 1977 postseason. Gilmore is one of my all time favs too. Seriously as far as the C position is concerned, I am sorry that young people missed this era.

Damn....I'm old My health is very good and I'm fit so I can't complain...lol.

Thanks for the reply , I have thought for a fair while that the 60's and 70's were (although some say the 90's) I believe the earlier era of the 60's/70's was the true Golden era of centers/easily the decade or two with the most talent at that position (ignoring the idiotic "Wilt played against midgets" or silly comments similar to that), do you agree with the comment that Wilt Chamberlain to a degree dominated Russell in one on one matchups but Russell simply led his team better or do you think Russell's stats do not do justice to how good he was? When you look at his sports records and physical records (100 yard dash for example) when looking at that I think you could not only make an argument for Wilt to not only being the greatest athlete the NBA has seen but arguably one of the greatest athletes in all of sports history? Or do you think that would be exaggerating slightly?

Well there's always the theory that time does not really exist or that the cells in your body regenerate every 10 years so you aren't truly what your age says at least
Old 10-31-2013, 10:34 AM   #21
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
DK gotta be in his mid-60s. seen it all throughout basketball's growth to the global sport it is today, huh? Must have tons of great nba memories

Man, you have no idea of how many things have changed since 1960, mind blowing stuff. The Lakers played in the Sports Arena, there were only 8 teams and only 4 of those are still in the same place.....the next year a new team was added......The Chicago Packers....no lie, I am dead serious.
Good luck finding a game on TV, it was rare, even as late as 1979 the opening night game Lakers vs. San Diego Clippers was only shown on tape delay at 11:30pm....and sometime around 2:30am I woke my neighbors up screaming after Kareem hit a game winning sky hook at the buzzer. Highlights or interviews on the news......lol, you were lucky if there were a few seconds of such.
1980 Finals, game 6 also came on after the 11pm news....and other stations were banned from showing highlights until after the host network aired them.

The coolest thing about the olden days is that the players were extremely nice and easily available to fans (except Kareem). This continued until the Lakers moved to the Staples Center. You could literally walk down next to the locker room or to the players car and talk to them and get autographs.
Chatty guys like Magic or Riley would usually hang around for around an hour and talk about the game to the 4-10 people who were there. It was easy for you to get to really know them and they to know you.
Security....lol, for example within 2 years, my friends and I ran onto the court at the buzzer to celebrate the 1982 championship with the team and then into the locker room before being asked to leave, we did the same with 1981 Dodgers and helped tear down the goal posts at a USC game........try any of that today.....lol.

The greatest thing above all was listening to Chick Hearn call the games on the radio...I can't even find the words to explain, I just feel blessed for the experience.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:43 AM   #22
DKLaker

Quote:
Thanks for the reply , I have thought for a fair while that the 60's and 70's were (although some say the 90's) I believe the earlier era of the 60's/70's was the true Golden era of centers/easily the decade or two with the most talent at that position (ignoring the idiotic "Wilt played against midgets" or silly comments similar to that), do you agree with the comment that Wilt Chamberlain to a degree dominated Russell in one on one matchups but Russell simply led his team better or do you think Russell's stats do not do justice to how good he was? When you look at his sports records and physical records (100 yard dash for example) when looking at that I think you could not only make an argument for Wilt to not only being the greatest athlete the NBA has seen but arguably one of the greatest athletes in all of sports history? Or do you think that would be exaggerating slightly?

Well there's always the theory that time does not really exist or that the cells in your body regenerate every 10 years so you aren't truly what your age says at least

Wilt was an absolute freak of nature and YES he was very clearly better than Russell but was handicapped by inferior coaching while the Celtics were lead by a conniving evil genius who didn't miss a trick. If Wilt and Russell had swapped teams the Celts would've won 15 straight titles at least. Wilt was still in incredible shape up until he died. He at 50 would destroy even Center in the game today.

Haha.....as good as I feel, I can feel a big difference between the young me and the now old me......hell, I have to use reading glasses now
Old 11-01-2013, 01:47 AM   #23
Lakers91
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Wilt was an absolute freak of nature and YES he was very clearly better than Russell but was handicapped by inferior coaching while the Celtics were lead by a conniving evil genius who didn't miss a trick. If Wilt and Russell had swapped teams the Celts would've won 15 straight titles at least. Wilt was still in incredible shape up until he died. He at 50 would destroy even Center in the game today.

Haha.....as good as I feel, I can feel a big difference between the young me and the now old me......hell, I have to use reading glasses now

From what I have read/researched etc I'd pretty much totally agree with that, just from short highlights can see what a physical specimen and true freak of nature Wilt was, his running more so defies limitations almost to be able to sprint at 7"2 the quickness of some of back then I'd think even the quickest guards would struggle, to play 48 minutes a game in probably the brutallest era in terms of relaxed rules/physical defense, but as he to paraphrase put it no one loves or no one roots for goliath, would you agree that he cared too much about media influences? Although it's an anachronism given the era it was a lot more racist/xenophobic in America, do you think he still changed his game to prove people wrong too much? I think he was criticised for being just bigger than most and a guy that could dunk or something like that by the media so he starting shooting mid range jumpers just to prove doubters wrong/that he could? Or is that wrong?

Where would you rate Oscar in terms of point guards that you have seen?
Old 11-02-2013, 05:21 PM   #24
DKLaker

Quote:
From what I have read/researched etc I'd pretty much totally agree with that, just from short highlights can see what a physical specimen and true freak of nature Wilt was, his running more so defies limitations almost to be able to sprint at 7"2 the quickness of some of back then I'd think even the quickest guards would struggle, to play 48 minutes a game in probably the brutallest era in terms of relaxed rules/physical defense, but as he to paraphrase put it no one loves or no one roots for goliath, would you agree that he cared too much about media influences? Although it's an anachronism given the era it was a lot more racist/xenophobic in America, do you think he still changed his game to prove people wrong too much? I think he was criticised for being just bigger than most and a guy that could dunk or something like that by the media so he starting shooting mid range jumpers just to prove doubters wrong/that he could? Or is that wrong?

Where would you rate Oscar in terms of point guards that you have seen?

Believe it or not, there was a huge backlash against dunking, not only in college where it was banned from the late 60's until the mid 70's but also in the pros where it wasn't banned but it was discussed. The reasons for Wilt shooting more were many, public pressure, league pressure that too much wasn't good for the sport....it supposedly was ruining the beauty and flow of the game....sure, there were social issues involved but I won't go into those.
One other factor was injuries and the risk of injuries, things that would be no big deal today with modern surgery were things that back then would hamper or end guys careers back then......so shooting more, dunking less could extend your career.

Oscar was amazing but as the game has evolved and players have learned from their predecessors his game pales in comparison. What made The Big O such a successful passer was that he was such a great scorer that the defense had to try to stop his scoring first and this left guys open for his passes. Different era so I don't want to diminish his effect nor rank him lower.
I will say that IMO Magic is the greatest passer ever.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:31 AM   #25
Lakers91
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Believe it or not, there was a huge backlash against dunking, not only in college where it was banned from the late 60's until the mid 70's but also in the pros where it wasn't banned but it was discussed. The reasons for Wilt shooting more were many, public pressure, league pressure that too much wasn't good for the sport....it supposedly was ruining the beauty and flow of the game....sure, there were social issues involved but I won't go into those.
One other factor was injuries and the risk of injuries, things that would be no big deal today with modern surgery were things that back then would hamper or end guys careers back then......so shooting more, dunking less could extend your career.

Oscar was amazing but as the game has evolved and players have learned from their predecessors his game pales in comparison. What made The Big O such a successful passer was that he was such a great scorer that the defense had to try to stop his scoring first and this left guys open for his passes. Different era so I don't want to diminish his effect nor rank him lower.
I will say that IMO Magic is the greatest passer ever.

Thanks for the reply again, I wasn't aware that it went that far that is quite surprising, I assumed it was more so just the media writing people or Wilt off especially for dunking more than actually almost not allowed or heavily discouraged by the actual association. The surgery or injury aspect it certainly makes sense, given compared to nowadays if you did your ACL in the 60's/70's I think essentially it was full reconstruction and you likely never play sports professionally anyway again or you let it naturally recover and see at least that's how I know AFL (Australian Rules football) players had to do it back then. Do you get annoyed (I do a fair bit) with all of the disregarding and almost condescending and in my opinion idiotic comments regarding the era that most disregarding it haven't seen unlike yourself. Some of those I have seen saying that Wilt was either average athletically or the borderline trolls saying he'd have nothing on Shaq or wouldn't do much todays NBA blah blah, silly comments like those that I've seen do they annoy you for someone who has seen so much and in your words he was an incredible athlete from seeing basically all the greats or most, does it frustrate you as time goes by legends of yesteryear being almost disregarded by history or as the years go by their legacy potentially being diminished by the majority? In my opinion although I don't like to put era's together as it's an anachronism putting them against their true chronological order if I had to pick a greatest of all time it would be Wilt Chamberlain, yet most seem to struggle to have him in top 10's or because it's "blasphemous" against the cult of personality of Michael Jordan/ESPN barely even mentioning Wilt in their sportsman or athlete or something of the century that Jordan won? (Not to disrespect him too much but the hype just is too much and the huge disrespect to the impact Pippen had on Jordan and the Bulls was massive and it's swept under the carpet how much he meant to that team, instead he's seen as nothing more than a sidekick never anything more ). Anyway off topic of my question does it annoy you very much shown to the legends of the 60's and 70's and I'm sure as years go on I'm sure the impact and greatness of the 80's etc will be soon lowered as well?

Would you rate Magic as the greatest all around point guard? I would although if it was purely on passing I'd struggle to pick between him and Stockton, Stockton ran that pick and roll to perfection, I'd struggle to choose, all around I'd go Magic. Sounds like it was almost what some teams do when a player is a great scorer you try and let him get his points just make sure the others don't do anything but they couldn't stop Oscar from getting the others their points too? If you can do something to perfection shouldn't stop it in my opinion, if you can score 2 points on every layup instead of a flashy mid range jumper then it counts just as much as the jumper, doing something over and over without anyone being able to stop you even though they know exactly what you will do is just as great as them having no idea in my opinion. Where would you rate Cousy compared to the rest of them?
Old 11-03-2013, 01:02 PM   #26
DKLaker

Quote:
Thanks for the reply again, I wasn't aware that it went that far that is quite surprising, I assumed it was more so just the media writing people or Wilt off especially for dunking more than actually almost not allowed or heavily discouraged by the actual association. The surgery or injury aspect it certainly makes sense, given compared to nowadays if you did your ACL in the 60's/70's I think essentially it was full reconstruction and you likely never play sports professionally anyway again or you let it naturally recover and see at least that's how I know AFL (Australian Rules football) players had to do it back then. Do you get annoyed (I do a fair bit) with all of the disregarding and almost condescending and in my opinion idiotic comments regarding the era that most disregarding it haven't seen unlike yourself. Some of those I have seen saying that Wilt was either average athletically or the borderline trolls saying he'd have nothing on Shaq or wouldn't do much todays NBA blah blah, silly comments like those that I've seen do they annoy you for someone who has seen so much and in your words he was an incredible athlete from seeing basically all the greats or most, does it frustrate you as time goes by legends of yesteryear being almost disregarded by history or as the years go by their legacy potentially being diminished by the majority? In my opinion although I don't like to put era's together as it's an anachronism putting them against their true chronological order if I had to pick a greatest of all time it would be Wilt Chamberlain, yet most seem to struggle to have him in top 10's or because it's "blasphemous" against the cult of personality of Michael Jordan/ESPN barely even mentioning Wilt in their sportsman or athlete or something of the century that Jordan won? (Not to disrespect him too much but the hype just is too much and the huge disrespect to the impact Pippen had on Jordan and the Bulls was massive and it's swept under the carpet how much he meant to that team, instead he's seen as nothing more than a sidekick never anything more ). Anyway off topic of my question does it annoy you very much shown to the legends of the 60's and 70's and I'm sure as years go on I'm sure the impact and greatness of the 80's etc will be soon lowered as well?

Would you rate Magic as the greatest all around point guard? I would although if it was purely on passing I'd struggle to pick between him and Stockton, Stockton ran that pick and roll to perfection, I'd struggle to choose, all around I'd go Magic. Sounds like it was almost what some teams do when a player is a great scorer you try and let him get his points just make sure the others don't do anything but they couldn't stop Oscar from getting the others their points too? If you can do something to perfection shouldn't stop it in my opinion, if you can score 2 points on every layup instead of a flashy mid range jumper then it counts just as much as the jumper, doing something over and over without anyone being able to stop you even though they know exactly what you will do is just as great as them having no idea in my opinion. Where would you rate Cousy compared to the rest of them?

Yeah, the negative comments from young people about the previous eras of basketball do annoy me but I have gotten used to it......and good point that they will start degrading the 80's soon. Most young folks are too "NOW" driven and don't bother learning or appreciating history.
Today, kids aren't interested in team play or fundamentals, its all about flashy highlights, scoring and individualism....no defense.....you know, 'Antoni style basketball

For me, there is no comparison between Magic and Stockton. If you look at the assists Magic got, they were his creation, his court vision his precision and fearlessness. When Magic first came in, he would throw a no look pass and you would swear it was a turnover until you saw Wilkes or someone cutting baseline, catching the pass in stride and laying it in, it was like a miracle....or fittingly "Magic" where you had to see a replay to even figure out how he did it, how he could get a ball through a sea of bodies in a space where a ball barely fit. Magic was so great that in the 1987 All-Star game in Seattle, he said his goal was to make Sonics player Tom Chambers the MVP.
Chambers was a last minute injury replacement. Magic was true to his word, whipping passes to Chambers for easy baskets and Chambers won the game MVP. Magic could make anyone a star at any time, he got everyone involved.

Stockton was truly great but was a "SYSTEM" guy with the bulk of his assists coming off the same pick and roll with the same guy "Karl Malone". I have him as a clear cut #2 but not close to Magic.
I have to admit that Magic being 6ft 9 at a time when almost all PGs were 6 inches or more shorter, was a huge benefit, but still he passed like no one else ever has. Throwing a 50 foot 1 hop bounce pass to hit a guy in motion for a no dribble needed dunk had never been done, Magic did it all the time.
There is a reason Magic won 5 titles, lost in 3 and Stockton never won one, losing twice.
Stockton's consistent season numbers do make Steve Nash look like Steve Blake

As for Cousy.....same as I say about all Celtics = irritating
He was great but I don't want to talk about those guys
Old 11-03-2013, 07:28 PM   #27
Lakers91
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Yeah, the negative comments from young people about the previous eras of basketball do annoy me but I have gotten used to it......and good point that they will start degrading the 80's soon. Most young folks are too "NOW" driven and don't bother learning or appreciating history.
Today, kids aren't interested in team play or fundamentals, its all about flashy highlights, scoring and individualism....no defense.....you know, 'Antoni style basketball

For me, there is no comparison between Magic and Stockton. If you look at the assists Magic got, they were his creation, his court vision his precision and fearlessness. When Magic first came in, he would throw a no look pass and you would swear it was a turnover until you saw Wilkes or someone cutting baseline, catching the pass in stride and laying it in, it was like a miracle....or fittingly "Magic" where you had to see a replay to even figure out how he did it, how he could get a ball through a sea of bodies in a space where a ball barely fit. Magic was so great that in the 1987 All-Star game in Seattle, he said his goal was to make Sonics player Tom Chambers the MVP.
Chambers was a last minute injury replacement. Magic was true to his word, whipping passes to Chambers for easy baskets and Chambers won the game MVP. Magic could make anyone a star at any time, he got everyone involved.

Stockton was truly great but was a "SYSTEM" guy with the bulk of his assists coming off the same pick and roll with the same guy "Karl Malone". I have him as a clear cut #2 but not close to Magic.
I have to admit that Magic being 6ft 9 at a time when almost all PGs were 6 inches or more shorter, was a huge benefit, but still he passed like no one else ever has. Throwing a 50 foot 1 hop bounce pass to hit a guy in motion for a no dribble needed dunk had never been done, Magic did it all the time.
There is a reason Magic won 5 titles, lost in 3 and Stockton never won one, losing twice.
Stockton's consistent season numbers do make Steve Nash look like Steve Blake

As for Cousy.....same as I say about all Celtics = irritating
He was great but I don't want to talk about those guys

I think your point is illustrated well by the amount of disrespect that Tim Duncan gets, because he isn't flashy at all, he isn't an I suppose "exciting" player to watch really and I agree it's not exciting but he is very fundamentally sound nicknamed the big fundamental, that was probably the only reason I kind of I still disliked hiring D'Antoni but I thought at least it might be somewhat entertaining, as soon as we hired him though I doubted we had any ability to win a title even at 1-4 or so early, would have rathered Mike Brown and that was a massive mistake (rather idiotic what he did too should have just incorporated Nash into a system from the year before which wasn't great but better than the princeton style offense, some merit but I had no faith in it, Howard's attitude on running a PnR offense didn't help), anyway getting slightly off topic ha, although I am only 20 I certainly cannot disrespect those I have not seen (well highlights and for some players VHS tapes aside), I don't like to compare or place players in other era's because it's not right it is against the chronological order they were in, it's like comparing Ancient Athen and Sparta's treatment of women through 21st century eyes doesn't work, Wilt Chamberlain and all from that era were not part of the 21st century, so why must they all be put in 2013 and "oh but they wouldn't do that well in this era" you can't just say that, you cannot say because it is an impossible never going to happen scenario that disrespects how great they were in their era (albeit if you were to put Wilt Chamberlain in this era I certainly would find it amusing how he'd do against Dwight Howard and I highly doubt Shaq would have much of an answer for him on either end of the court either, sorry Shaq ) . When it comes to power forwards how highly do you rank Tim Duncan, I think he's a center personally power forward when the Admiral was the center but since then I think he's been more a center than power forward, if he was a power forward I think he's right up there, and as a center probably top 5/6, in terms of peaks I think Barkley's peak as a power forward was one of the greatest just didn't last very long ha, anyway where do you rate Duncan among those you have seen?

I would agree when it comes to creative passing I don't think there are many if any that have the creative ability to just make someone better than they are or were than Magic could, I can't forget one video I watched of him essentially doing a cross court bounce pass that was through I think a Celtic's players legs straight to a teammate for a dunk now the accurate pass alone let alone through a players legs would have been great enough to watch haha, slightly biased I suppose my brother was a huge Stockton fan so that kind of rubbed off onto me growing up haha (although his favourite player and mine was easily Hakeem the Dream)

How big of an impact do you think that Jerry Sloan had on the career of Stockton/Malone, but more so Stockton, I think sometimes Sloan doesn't get enough credit for some of what he did in Utah, I mean he basically created systems that maintained them for decades, I think in terms of comparing great coaches I think the only thing that stops him being put with the greatest of coach's or even being put as the greatest coach is that he hasn't won a championship if he had of won a few I think a fair few more would be labeling him as arguably the greatest coach of all time or at least with the best coach's in NBA history. Do you think without the system or without Malone/the remarkable "Stockton to Malone" or without Sloan do you think Stockton would have struggled more despite his amazing consistency or do you think he just needed a system just something and he could repeat it over and over?
Old 11-03-2013, 07:36 PM   #28
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Oh my goodness. What have I done? Haha
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:27 AM   #29
Lakers91
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
Oh my goodness. What have I done? Haha

Old 11-05-2013, 06:29 AM   #30
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default OT: Football Talk

I know a lot of you guys are from LA (California), and I'm betting we have a lot of niner and charger fans, with a couple of Raider Fans (us old guys that have been faithful)

What do you guys think of the SeaHawks, Chiefs, Colts, Niners, Broncos, etc?

Or tell me about your team,

I'm a Raiders fan. I'll start off, with stating, I'm EXTREMELY upset with how we played last Sunday, it was a winnable game for us with Vick out. I think my team thought we were playing "let's see how many TD's we can get the Back up to throw until we see Barkley come in"

God. Horrible. Our defense (our only respectable part of the team) was just getting Ran over with that fast paced offense.
That loss hurt. Different from 4-4 and 3-5. Ouch. Watch us lose to NYG,

Enough.

How about Seatle? Gotdamn. I swear they F.uck with us. Come out and punk leagues best and almost lose to leagues worst. I think they're trolling us.

Mannings? Eh. Sorry, Broncos. Lol.- they don't look too invincible anymore.

Chiefs- don't think their team is as good as their record.

Niners - not sold on them yet. Team isn't healthy.

Ravens - joe LOLACCO

Colts- sleeper team!!!! I like them. Wayne getting hurt, was a HUGE loss tho. Messes their whole year up IMO.

Anyway. Well see.

Thoughts ?
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: