Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-16-2014, 09:02 PM   #151
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Teams you're rooting for in the Playoffs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Brown and 'Antoni were terrible choices though. Most everybody thought it when the announcements were made. It's not like Brown has went on to have great success this season. He's just not a top tier coach. It was a dumb choice and that reflects management. The Lakers definitely can't settle. I disagree about a college coach not being able to get it done though. There's not a lot of good names available that are just NBA head coaches. At this point I'm even against bringing in someone like Adelman, who was a popular choice. I think he hasn't done a good job in Minnesota. The other thing I don't like about him is he's an old school guy who won't play and develop the younger players. The Lakers have a lottery pick this year. Heck, it could end up being the top pick in the draft. I'm totally against bringing in someone who won't develop this potential player.
I never said college coaches are sure failures but it's such a big risk specially with what happened to Mike Montgomery and Jerry Terkanian. Rick Pitino was great in New York but was a Failure in Boston ,same with calipari albeit because of injuries. I want a Coach Who will give us the best chance to succeed like jeff VanGundy I know you're not convinced he's interested But if you give him 7million base plus a huge bonus If they succeed, I think he will consider it. Any coach who can't use a Lottery pick shouldn't be coaching at all.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:31 AM   #152
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

DK be lurking..... zzzzz

I think I hurt his feelings when I called him 'OLD'. Hahaha jk jk jk
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:34 AM   #153
Lakers91
Decent playground baller

Lakers91 has decent reputationLakers91 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
DK be lurking..... zzzzz

Haha he's referred to himself as old before so I doubt it, maybe you should use the term "wise" just in case in future
Lakers91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 02:00 AM   #154
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
DK be lurking..... zzzzz

I'm proud to be old, I flash my AARP card everywhere!!!
Senior Discounts are

If I ever root for San Antonio then you will know I have become senile....there are some teams that I will never, ever root for and that is one of them.....and I have a friend involved there. Don't even get me started about Bucking Foston...lol.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 02:55 AM   #155
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Whatever. I grew up watching these two play each other in the playoffs. That itself is enough for a legit reason for me to root for them. F* it, I'm gonna be all dramatic again. I just miss the 2000 era. I don't know how I'll ever recover from this. When everyone was going down, like TMAC, VC, AI, etc., I was happy because Kobe won the debate. But now, I feel empty. lol

I need serious help. I think I need to talk to every one of them and have them tell me a couple of words of wisdom -- telling me that everything is going to be okay. Lol
Old 04-19-2014, 02:11 PM   #156
DKLaker

Quote:
Whatever. I grew up watching these two play each other in the playoffs. That itself is enough for a legit reason for me to root for them. F* it, I'm gonna be all dramatic again. I just miss the 2000 era. I don't know how I'll ever recover from this. When everyone was going down, like TMAC, VC, AI, etc., I was happy because Kobe won the debate. But now, I feel empty. lol

I need serious help. I think I need to talk to every one of them and have them tell me a couple of words of wisdom -- telling me that everything is going to be okay. Lol

Do you even realize how much the Tim Duncan tards are going to chime in that he is better than Kobe if he wins a 5th ring? Have you seen the crap those idiots already post? Why not root for Durant to get his first? Or Indy? Someone new would be better for me
Old 04-19-2014, 03:34 PM   #157
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Do you even realize how much the Tim Duncan tards are going to chime in that he is better than Kobe if he wins a 5th ring? Have you seen the crap those idiots already post? Why not root for Durant to get his first? Or Indy? Someone new would be better for me

Those idiots don't mean anything to me, but the trio does. & It's just an indescribable feeling. If he wins his 5th ring, then so be it. Duncan will be below Kobe in rankings. If Kobe is 6th, Duncan will be 7th, IMO. I was rooting for TMAC to come back last year, so them signing him made me like them even more. Seriously I cried when they lost in game 6.

KD is still in his prime. But like I said, I'll be rooting for OKC just for Fish, & BKN for KG & Paula if the Spurs get eliminated. I'm jumping ships this year!
Old 04-19-2014, 06:45 PM   #158
DKLaker

Quote:
Those idiots don't mean anything to me, but the trio does. & It's just an indescribable feeling. If he wins his 5th ring, then so be it. Duncan will be below Kobe in rankings. If Kobe is 6th, Duncan will be 7th, IMO. I was rooting for TMAC to come back last year, so them signing him made me like them even more. Seriously I cried when they lost in game 6.

KD is still in his prime. But like I said, I'll be rooting for OKC just for Fish, & BKN for KG & Paula if the Spurs get eliminated. I'm jumping ships this year!

Well.......at least you didn't mention rooting for the Heat
Old 04-20-2014, 01:24 AM   #159
Lakers91
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker

I just thought I would chime in and thought I'd note (can't help it you're well aware of that I suspect), I think some actually already are without Duncan getting another ring arguing that he is better than Kobe (at least in terms of career output and achievements) whether I necessarily agree or disagree doesn't really matter (I don't really agree I think they are about 9th and 10th all time if I had to rank but I don't like doing that), but I suppose you are right that a 5th ring for him might just put those comments into overdrive (god I hope rings having such an effect on legacy but oh well), well I'm only really left kind of rooting for Houston which I don't think many other Laker fans will be considering Dwight's depature
Old 04-20-2014, 02:20 PM   #160
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers91
I just thought I would chime in and thought I'd note (can't help it you're well aware of that I suspect), I think some actually already are without Duncan getting another ring arguing that he is better than Kobe (at least in terms of career output and achievements) whether I necessarily agree or disagree doesn't really matter (I don't really agree I think they are about 9th and 10th all time if I had to rank but I don't like doing that), but I suppose you are right that a 5th ring for him might just put those comments into overdrive (god I hope rings having such an effect on legacy but oh well), well I'm only really left kind of rooting for Houston which I don't think many other Laker fans will be considering Dwight's depature

Oh, I am very well aware of the Duncan Tards. Having watched NBA basketball longer than anyone on ISH, I don't have him ranked anywhere near as high as younger people. IMO, there have been a ton of more impactful players.
I certainly give him credit for fundamentals and consistency......as well as character.

I wouldn't mind Houston winning it either.
Old 04-20-2014, 05:14 PM   #161
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Houston??? Why???
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:32 PM   #162
Lakers91
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Houston??? Why???
Partly due to Hakeem/Akeem Olajuwon being one of if not my favorite basketball player just about ever so I've always liked the rockets due to that, I also think they have a pretty good team to build with, I dont think most laker fans would want them to win due to Dwight leaving but I don't blame him I'd have likely done the same in his situation, so always liked them kind of like a secondary western team due to Hakeem and just liked them ever since also like the pelicans but they arent doing much yet :p
Old 04-20-2014, 07:45 PM   #163
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

Whatever. He's secretly inlove with Dwight. Just admit it.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:28 AM   #164
Lakers91
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Whatever. He's secretly inlove with Dwight. Just admit it.

Haha...no it's the other way around I'm his man crush Monday , in all seriousness I am still a fan of Howard not as much as when he was a Laker or before when he was an athletic freak in Orlando but I still watch Houston games in part due to Howard and I like their team in general ( Harden can annoy me with some of his flopping attempts or he did at least and lack of perimeter defense), I am a fan of centers and Dwight was the best center for a fair while in Orlando due to his athleticism and I think it's arguable he still is while in Houston (not quite the same athleticism) so I suppose I simply enjoy watching good center's and this league is lacking in them Howard isn't even that offensively polished at all but was easily the best for a number of years.

Last edited by Lakers91 : 04-21-2014 at 05:42 AM.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:14 PM   #165
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Haha...no it's the other way around I'm his man crush Monday , in all seriousness I am still a fan of Howard not as much as when he was a Laker or before when he was an athletic freak in Orlando but I still watch Houston games in part due to Howard and I like their team in general ( Harden can annoy me with some of his flopping attempts or he did at least and lack of perimeter defense), I am a fan of centers and Dwight was the best center for a fair while in Orlando due to his athleticism and I think it's arguable he still is while in Houston (not quite the same athleticism) so I suppose I simply enjoy watching good center's and this league is lacking in them Howard isn't even that offensively polished at all but was easily the best for a number of years.

I lost all respect for Dwight. He's a diva that doesn't have his head on straight. I actually think he made a bad move. If he really wanted to win championships he would have stayed in LA. I hope he never gets a ring now.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: