Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 09-13-2013, 12:13 AM   #1
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default ☆ Lakers Open Court ☆

• You can discuss anything on here.
  • Keep it friendly
  • The place where you can talk nonsense & can't get bashed for it.
  • Candace Parker <3

DK, Who's the greatest BASKETBALL player of all time? & what does DK stands for? Donkey Kong?

Glen Rice & Nicky V.

If they stayed, would acquiring Gary Payton, Bryon Russell & Karl Malone still be possible? & if they stayed with the Lakers (GR, NVE), do you think they would still be relevant/game-changing-players?

Could it have been like this?

Payton/DFish/VanExel/Pargo
Kobe/Rush
Rice/Fox/George
Malone/Medvedenko/Cook
Shaq/Grant/

I still got a lot of unanswered questions left, but I really forgot about them. I was like 6 or 8 back then? There were no internet growing up, so now i'm trying to figure out the what if's & what happened before.

Last edited by $LakerGold : 03-12-2014 at 06:59 PM.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:14 PM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Glen Rice, Nick Van Exel

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
If they stayed, would acquiring Gary Payton, Bryon Russell & Karl Malone still be possible? & if they stayed with the Lakers (GR, NVE), do you think they would still be relevant/game-changing-players?

Could it have been like this?

Payton/DFish/VanExel/Pargo
Kobe/Rush
Rice/Fox/George
Malone/Medvedenko/Cook
Shaq/Grant/

I still got a lot of unanswered questions left, but I really forgot about them. There was no internet growing up, so now i'm trying to figure out the what if's & what happened before. & I was like 6 or 8 back then?

I don't think Glen Rice was even playing on any team during that time. His skills quickly diminished (like most) when he came to the lakers. Van Exel was on the Mavericks I think and he was okay. He wasn't too bad, but he had knee problems that prevented his "pretty good" legacy from being great.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:21 AM   #3
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I don't think Glen Rice was even playing on any team during that time. His skills quickly diminished (like most) when he came to the lakers. Van Exel was on the Mavericks I think and he was okay. He wasn't too bad, but he had knee problems that prevented his "pretty good" legacy from being great.

Rice had elbow surgery just before he joined the Lakers, I called it a boneheaded move to sign him at that time, not knowing if he could still shoot or not........the biggest problem ended up being his idiotic wife......that's who got him booted by the Lakers.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:17 AM   #4
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Rice had elbow surgery just before he joined the Lakers, I called it a boneheaded move to sign him at that time, not knowing if he could still shoot or not........the biggest problem ended up being his idiotic wife......that's who got him booted by the Lakers.

What happened with his wife?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:39 AM   #5
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
What happened with his wife?

His wife was a complete nut case, she thought Glen was the greatest player ever and would criticize all the other players constantly.
The last straw was when she started bad mouthing Phil, saying he wasn't giving Glen the ball enough and that he's not that good of a coach.....stuff like that.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:52 PM   #6
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Rice was definitely a shell of his former self when he came to LA but he still had some big games and shots that helped the Lakers win it that year. But at the time when Payton and Malone came, Rice def. would have not had a real impact on the team.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:27 PM   #7
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Thanks guys. But for me, maybe if they kept him -- maybe the Lakers would be able to keep him big for a couple more years or two, knowing how the Lakers are. For/right now, Fisher was the best point guard throughout the entire run with Kobe, & he was 36 years old & we were still a contenders team. I'm just saying though.... But yeah, the chances are slim. lol
Old 09-19-2013, 02:31 PM   #8
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

kinda off topic:

my nba live 98 team looked like this. me and my buddy always had this rule we could trade for 5 guys except for jordan.

shaq
malone
glen rice
mitch richmond
payton

kobe
chris webber

we got everyone in that list except for c-webb :)

Last edited by magic chiongson : 09-19-2013 at 02:34 PM.
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:58 PM   #9
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Thanks guys. But for me, maybe if they kept him -- maybe the Lakers would be able to keep him big for a couple more years or two, knowing how the Lakers are. For/right now, Fisher was the best point guard throughout the entire run with Kobe, & he was 36 years old & we were still a contenders team. I'm just saying though.... But yeah, the chances are slim. lol

Are you talking about Rice? Because by the time the the 04 finals came around, Rice was finished. He averaged 3 ppg that season and it was his last. Van Exel was still a decent player, but he was breaking down. If anyone was going to make any kind of impact, it would have been him. But just dont see how having these 2 aging vets would have helped.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:49 AM   #10
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker

I could be mistaken but I thought I heard Jerry West stating that he saw Rice shooting the lights out before he traded for him.
But anyway, his first year with the Lakers, he averaged 39% from the 3pt line, 17.5 pts, 85% FT %
his 2nd year where he helped the Lakers win the championship, his stats were 16 pts at relatively low 12 shots/game 36% from 3pt line and 87% from the FTLine.
Also, he shot 42% from the 3pt line that playoffs.
But yes, his wife annoyed the heck out of me too esp the finals when KObe missed some games and Glen struggled to step up.
But he was like Kwame so to speak cause Seattle agreed to give up HOrace Grant in a 3-team trade, and the Lakers played one of the most dominanat playoff run i ever seen.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:58 PM   #11
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
I could be mistaken but I thought I heard Jerry West stating that he saw Rice shooting the lights out before he traded for him.
But anyway, his first year with the Lakers, he averaged 39% from the 3pt line, 17.5 pts, 85% FT %
his 2nd year where he helped the Lakers win the championship, his stats were 16 pts at relatively low 12 shots/game 36% from 3pt line and 87% from the FTLine.
Also, he shot 42% from the 3pt line that playoffs.
But yes, his wife annoyed the heck out of me too esp the finals when KObe missed some games and Glen struggled to step up.
But he was like Kwame so to speak cause Seattle agreed to give up HOrace Grant in a 3-team trade, and the Lakers played one of the most dominanat playoff run i ever seen.

Yes, either your timing is off or you are mistaken.
For the record, Rice didn't play a game until the middle of March because he had not recovered from the surgery. Maybe it was in March that West may have said that?

Yes the deal to get Ho Grant was HUGE, but it burned me up that Kurt Rambis's incompetence led to Rodman not being re-signed, if Rodman had waited for Phil before joining the Lakers, I am absolutely sure we win at least 4 straight titles.....maybe even 5 straight.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:30 PM   #12
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
Are you talking about Rice? Because by the time the the 04 finals came around, Rice was finished. He averaged 3 ppg that season and it was his last. Van Exel was still a decent player, but he was breaking down. If anyone was going to make any kind of impact, it would have been him. But just dont see how having these 2 aging vets would have helped.
Yeah, but like I said, knowing how the Lakers are, maybe they could still keep him relevant or milk him out (Like Rick Fox). I mean, at the end of the day, that was Glen Rice.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:26 PM   #13
DKLaker

Quote:
Yeah, but like I said, knowing how the Lakers are, maybe they could still keep him relevant or milk him out (Like Rick Fox). I mean, at the end of the day, that was Glen Rice.

Back to what I said, it was in the team's best interest to get rid of his, and his wife's inflated egos.......I hate to use the word Cancer in reference to sports.....but you get the point. Rick Fox was the ultimate "Team Guy" who knew his role and was willing to do whatever it takes including a major pay cut.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:26 AM   #14
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: For DKLaker

This is also for DK,

I'm a big Raiders fan as well. Little excited about our season schedule left. Optimistic. Young team that looks hungry and plays hard. Pryor is a nice young surprise and wanted this kid to get a shot since Carson Pick last year. Guy is going to get benched in AZ.

Anyway. Woodson is a nice surprise. Has a lot left in tank, WHEN WILL OUR OLINE BE HEALTHY? McFragile? Branch? Seriously a different team with these guys.

Could Easily be 4-2. I'm telling you, a lot of new guys and it's only a matter if time until we click.

I'm sick or mcfaddens crap. Maybe we should knock on Minnys door and see if we can snatch AP, and give el McFadden (show them highlight clips) and some draft picks. Lol

AND... Matt Flynn = Puke Walton
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:20 AM   #15
DKLaker

Default Re: For DKLaker

Quote:
Who's the greatest BASKETBALL player of all time?

& what does DK stands for? Donkey Kong?

Greatest player of all time.....hmm, I always avoid that one because of different eras, styles, competition, rules, amount of teams, medical treatment etc. I could better tell you my favorites than place one above the other....so i'll pass for now.

DK? According to some people on here who don't like me, it's either for D!ck or Doesn't Know
I'll leave that one a mystery

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)

This is also for DK,

I'm a big Raiders fan as well. Little excited about our season schedule left. Optimistic. Young team that looks hungry and plays hard. Pryor is a nice young surprise and wanted this kid to get a shot since Carson Pick last year. Guy is going to get benched in AZ.

Anyway. Woodson is a nice surprise. Has a lot left in tank, WHEN WILL OUR OLINE BE HEALTHY? McFragile? Branch? Seriously a different team with these guys.

Could Easily be 4-2. I'm telling you, a lot of new guys and it's only a matter if time until we click.

I'm sick or mcfaddens crap. Maybe we should knock on Minnys door and see if we can snatch AP, and give el McFadden (show them highlight clips) and some draft picks. Lol

AND... Matt Flynn = Puke Walton

Yeah MJ, we had that Colts game but Pryor was nervous and didn't know how to finish a game. He keeps improving and I feel good about the direction the team is finally headed in. I would still love to see Gruden return or Cowher.
BTW.....it's always so good to beat the Chargers, I get to talk so much crap to their fans....lol.
I'm pumped up about Woodson, but even more so about Tracy Porter joining the team. I've also been a Saints fan since the mid 90's when they sucked, and I watched Porter put away the SB with that pick 6 off Manning.

The OL needs help, yeah injuries but still we gotta draft well and get some guys for next season.
Geez, I am way beyond sick of McFadden, dude is almost the Greg Oden of the NFL. It's amazing how many hyped RBs have been busts.....Mark Ingram is another one. Good to see Reggie Bush shutting people up again.

Carson Palmer, Matt Flynn = Total Garbage!!!! I'd take Tebow over them and some of the other bums starting in the NFL right now.....Jacksonville.....come on!!!!
LMAO that really old guys are trying to get back into the NFL...Favre, Jeff Garcia....who's next? Randall Cunningham? Troy Aikman? Doug Williams?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: