Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-28-2013, 07:15 PM   #481
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Week 8 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
I think our problem is coaching.

Also we play stupid. Lets just look at the last game.

First on that last drive we play this quasi prevent Defense where we are still rushing 4. If you want to play your base defense fine, but if you are going to play prevent, play prevent and rush 3 and drop 8.

I am not a big fan of the prevent D in 90% of cases, but when you are up by 6 with 1 min and 12 seconds left and the other team has 0 time outs. In that situation it is a good idea to run prevent.

Second isnt the whole point of a prevent defense to protect the deep pass to the sidelines. You can let them complete short passes to the sidelines, or let them complete deep passes between the tackles and TACKLE THEM IN BOUNDS TO KEEP THE CLOCK RUNNING. We are the only dumbass team that lets a 40 yard pass to completed to the sidelines.

And then we dont even try to push the pocket on the QB sneak at the end. Its not that Stafford scored on the QB sneak, its that he met no resistance. At the one yard line in that situation when all stafford has to do is break the plane of the goal line with the football, how does our players not even try to push their line?

Even worse than this was the possession before.
we ran 3 plays and took 22 seconds off the clock. We would have been better off just to kneel 3 times and punt.

That holding call that stopped the clock killed us. Only our low IQ players hold during that situation. even if our RB got tackled for a loss at least the clock would run, which is more important in that situation.

Bingo. The cowboys have a great roster on paper, they have enough talent to make the superbowl just in terms of their personnel. That said, they do not play smart football, their decision making as an entire team is consistently below average. It seems like almost every Cowboys game is a blowout win or a really close loss.

The play calling is just bad, coaches are making blatantly obvious errors and they dont seem to learn from their mistakes. As you noted, they should have been killing clock in the Detroit game, and the Broncos game was the exact same story. Demarco touched the ball twice in the entire second half of the Broncos game. Dallas should have been pounding the rock and killing the clock during that final possession where Romo threw the pick.

Last edited by KeylessEntry : 10-28-2013 at 07:29 PM.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:31 PM   #482
MavsSuperFan
NBA rookie of the year

MavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
nah, no one saw that coming...don't be fair-weather with your team

then youre like Mavs fans who always doubted Dirk and said he could never win it all but then they flip flop and act like they were in his corner the whole time after he beat LeBron...

stop reading my mind

but I honestly believe you can love and support a team and doubt them at the same time.

Come on man we play dumb sometimes. I mean look at that hold on our last possession. Why would you hold in that situation? If they tackle our RB for a loss, so what? A holding call stops the clock.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:33 PM   #483
MavsSuperFan
NBA rookie of the year

MavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
Incredibly gutsy to try something like that. If he would have gotten stuffed the game very well may have ended.
honestly its not that big a risk i think. Its first down, and everyone is at the line already. he could have gotten stuffed and then spiked it on second down, and still have 2 downs to toss it in the end zone.

Stafford has high IQ proven with that move.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:37 PM   #484
MavsSuperFan
NBA rookie of the year

Honestly I not even mad that we failed to defend the QB sneak, its that we didnt realize it was a possibility.

Had we tried to move the pocket and got beat, fine.
Stafford just jumped into the line and pushed the football forward. He met zero resistence.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:37 PM   #485
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
honestly its not that big a risk i think. Its first down, and everyone is at the line already. he could have gotten stuffed and then spiked it on second down, and still have 2 downs to toss it in the end zone.

Stafford has high IQ proven with that move.
If he got stuffed it would have taken it down to probably under 4 seconds on the clock. So theres one chance to go to the endzone instead of 2 or 3. Don't get me wrong, I loved the decision but to say it isn't gutsy is crazy. His offensive line didn't know he was doing it
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:40 PM   #486
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Baby Andy Reid

irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:43 PM   #487
MavsSuperFan
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
If he got stuffed it would have taken it down to probably under 4 seconds on the clock. So theres one chance to go to the endzone instead of 2 or 3. Don't get me wrong, I loved the decision but to say it isn't gutsy is crazy. His offensive line didn't know he was doing it
My point is even if he spiked it, he would have like 12 seconds on the clock thats 2 toss probably anyways. I think since everyone is at the line they could have gotten the spike for sure and preserved 1 toss into the end zone at least.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:47 PM   #488
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
My point is even if he spiked it, he would have like 12 seconds on the clock thats 2 toss probably anyways. I think since everyone is at the line they could have gotten the spike for sure and preserved 1 toss into the end zone at least.
Edit: Misread.

But if he gets stuffed / someone breaks through the line and sacks him the game is probably over.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:59 PM   #489
MavsSuperFan
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Edit: Misread.

But if he gets stuffed / someone breaks through the line and sacks him the game is probably over.
I think with 10 secs you can get up and reset for a spike. its not like his linemen have to run up the field, they would be right their. there really is no functional difference with 4 sec on the clock or 1 sec. its basically one toss either way.

if they are quick and get like 6sec off the clock they might be able to get off 2 tosses.

At most with a spike would have left 12 seconds, which is 2 tosses for sure and 3 if you are fast.

I think its worth the risk to go for the sneak, even if it didnt work I would still think like that after having time to reflect about it. I was impressed how quick stafford made the decision.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:00 PM   #490
Goliath Uterus
Y.G.R.N

Goliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
Baby Andy Reid

wtf, I know the dude who's instagram this is from. where did you find this pic?
Goliath Uterus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:10 PM   #491
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliath Uterus
wtf, I know the dude who's instagram this is from. where did you find this pic?
deadspin via CBS
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:15 PM   #492
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here

Terrible decision
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:18 PM   #493
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

****in sea o-line
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:31 PM   #494
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

Rams have a running game. though i never saw it used for Bradford
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:00 PM   #495
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here

Robert Quinn
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: