Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-15-2013, 05:44 PM   #1
HoopsFanNumero1
College superstar

HoopsFanNumero1 has decent reputationHoopsFanNumero1 has decent reputation
Default Great Lebron interview

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/98...-espn-magazine

It's a great interview. I find it interesting that he looked up to Iverson.
HoopsFanNumero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:45 PM   #2
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Great Lebron interview

nice analogy on different ways to kill and hunt.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:51 PM   #3
SamuraiSWISH
Samurai Swoosh

SamuraiSWISH has an incredible reputation hereSamuraiSWISH has an incredible reputation hereSamuraiSWISH has an incredible reputation hereSamuraiSWISH has an incredible reputation hereSamuraiSWISH has an incredible reputation hereSamuraiSWISH has an incredible reputation here

Fundamental difference on what guides these guys as players:

MJ, not afraid
LeBron, afraid of failure
SamuraiSWISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:00 PM   #4
russwest0
Mods.

russwest0 has a terrific reputationrusswest0 has a terrific reputationrusswest0 has a terrific reputationrusswest0 has a terrific reputationrusswest0 has a terrific reputation

MJ wishes he had the flopping skills of LeGoat
russwest0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:23 PM   #5
juju151111
Very good NBA starter

juju151111 has not been impressing people

LJ watching the goat on his vacation. Watching Mj has a 38 year old dropping 51. Probably thinking how the hell this slow ass 38 year old drop 50 multiple tomes at that advance age and I can barly crack 50 now.

" But I definitely look at MJ as the greatest. Without MJ, there's no me. He gave me hope. He gave me inspiration as a kid. I still watch MJ tapes to this day. I was watching Come Fly With Me and Jordan's Playground and His Airness on vacation earlier this summer. So I'm watching him all the time, trying to learn from him. I even watched a clip It was funny. I watched a clip last night when he had 51 while playing for Washington, the game after he scored in single digits. He put up 51 on the Hornets. So ..."
juju151111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:29 PM   #6
juju151111
Very good NBA starter

I like LeBron answer to his killer instinct. He makes a great point.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:36 PM   #7
no pun intended
Mozart Basketball

no pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH

MJ, not afraid
I'd like to note that very few aren't afraid of failure. Because of so, MJ sets himself apart from most.
no pun intended is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:44 PM   #8
#number6ix#
LETS GO HEAT!!!!!!!!!!

#number6ix# is a pretty well-respected poster#number6ix# is a pretty well-respected poster#number6ix# is a pretty well-respected poster#number6ix# is a pretty well-respected poster

Great interview... LeBron seemed to be 100% honest with his answers... I can respect that
#number6ix# is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:50 PM   #9
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

MJ, not afraid

He said he wants it so bad he doesnt accept failure... obviously Jordan wanted it badly aswell, but he accepted failure as long as he knew he did his thing...

You see you have to see it from the point of view from two different gamestyles / offensive mindsets aswell... Jordan was much more of a strict scorer, especially when the game is on the line wanted to take the last shot no matter who was open, he didnt have to overthink anything, just go out there and shoot, thats it........ where as Lebron is a point-forward who thinks about his teammates / the right play during any second of the game, he puts blame on himself for missing the last shot when he could have done something else, for passing to a guy when he should have taken the shot himself, should have done this, should have done that.... everything....

Last edited by pauk : 10-15-2013 at 07:03 PM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:10 PM   #10
chips93
Very good NBA starter

chips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
He said he wants it so bad he doesnt accept failure... obviously Jordan wanted it badly aswell, but he accepted failure as long as he knew he did his thing...

english isnt your first language right? i dont mean to be a dick, but thats not whats in the article

lebron said that mj was never afraid of failure, while lebron says that at times he is.

its a very important distinction
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:16 PM   #11
juju151111
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk

You see you have to see it from the point of view from two different gamestyles / offensive mindsets aswell... Jordan was much more of a strict scorer, especially when the game is on the line wanted to take the last shot no matter who was open, he didnt have to overthink anything, just go out there and shoot, thats it........ where as Lebron is a point-forward who thinks about his teammates / the right play during any second of the game, he puts blame on himself for missing the last shot when he could have done something else, for passing to a guy when he should have taken the shot himself, should have done this, should have done that.... everything....
Bs Mj passed on a lot of ganewinners. Paxton have like 3 ganewinners off of Mj throughout their career. He just saying he afraid of failing so he works hard not too.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:19 PM   #12
SamuraiSWISH
Samurai Swoosh

SamuraiSWISH has an incredible reputation hereSamuraiSWISH has an incredible reputation hereSamuraiSWISH has an incredible reputation hereSamuraiSWISH has an incredible reputation hereSamuraiSWISH has an incredible reputation hereSamuraiSWISH has an incredible reputation here

MJ passed on game winners when it was the right play to make TO WIN. I've seen LeBron pass on game winners he should be taking out of obvious fear of the moment, or of failure. LeBron gets shook or passive in moments. It's obvious, he's admitted it. He even says how he over thought things in the Finals, and was afraid to take the obvious jumpers he was given and instead foolishly tried to drive into traps or the heart of the Spurs defense. MJ wouldn't do that because he had confidence. LeBron's fear caused him to over think the right basketball play that was STARING HIM IN THE FACE. That's the difference between the two.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:22 PM   #13
juju151111
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
MJ passed on game winners when it was the right play to make TO WIN. I've seen LeBron pass on game winners he should be taking out of obvious fear of the moment, or of failure. LeBron gets shook or passive in moments. It's obvious, he's admitted it. He even says how he over thought things in the Finals, and was afraid to take the obvious jumpers he was given and instead foolishly tried to drive into traps or the heart of the Spurs defense. MJ wouldn't do that because he had confidence. LeBron's fear caused him to over think the right basketball play that was STARING HIM IN THE FACE. That's the difference between the two.
Exactly. I just seen Paxton gamewinner I never saw the other day looking up some Mj games. Do they have the numbers of MJ asts ganewinners/gametying shots. People act like Mj IQ wasn't high. He knows when to pass and when not too.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:24 PM   #14
PJR
College superstar

PJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputation

Fantastic answer to the killer instinct question. Fantastic. A very good analogy indeed. This is probably the best I've seen LeBron articulate himself . He is usually a pretty meh interview.

Last edited by PJR : 10-15-2013 at 07:27 PM.
PJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:25 PM   #15
SamuraiSWISH
Samurai Swoosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJR
Fantastic answer to the killer instinct question. Fantastic. A very good analogy indeed. This is probably the best I've seen LeBron articulate himself . He is usually is a pretty meh interview.
Agreed. Even on the killer instinct thing.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: