Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2013, 12:54 AM   #91
Yao Ming's Foot
You're welcome
 
Yao Ming's Foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,969
Yao Ming's Foot has decent reputation
Default Re: the only man to win multiple championships without another NBA HOF team mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
In his 3rd option role in 2012 and 2013...he's been as impactful or less than Odom on the 09 and 10 Lakers

Also, Bosh isn't producing great like Gasol did in the playoffs. You think anyone would be saying anything about Bosh if he had a 20/11/4 playoffs? LOL


Not to mention the main reason Bosh hasn't been himself since the 11 playoffs was being forced out of his comfort zone by Wade and then Lebron.

He was a 24/11/2 59% TS 25 PER guy in the 2010 regular season.

And I bet you see him get back to producing very well if his idiotic coach can put him in the right position to excel.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...9&postcount=30

Yao Ming's Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:59 AM   #92
DMAVS41
NBA Legend
 
DMAVS41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 19,648
DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: the only man to win multiple championships without another NBA HOF team mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
Not to mention the main reason Bosh hasn't been himself since the 11 playoffs was being forced out of his comfort zone by Wade and then Lebron.

He was a 24/11/2 59% TS 25 PER guy in the 2010 regular season.

And I bet you see him get back to producing very well if his idiotic coach can put him in the right position to excel.


I don't think Bosh can perform well enough defensively to get the minutes that would get him back to performing like that.

But yes, actually, Bosh put into a better position could easily get back to producing 18/8/2 like he did in 11.

But you are confusing yourself. Gasol actually did play great in the playoffs. Bosh has yet to play on that Gasol level on both ends in the playoffs since coming to the Heat.

So it's not a good comparison at all. And Bosh didn't take heat much for the 11 playoffs when he performed well enough I guess.

But stop comparing a 20/11/4 player that also plays quality interior defense to a 13/8/1 player these last two years in the playoffs that struggles defensively.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:00 AM   #93
juju151111
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 8,303
juju151111 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: the only man to win multiple championships without another NBA HOF team mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
Not to mention the main reason Bosh hasn't been himself since the 11 playoffs was being forced out of his comfort zone by Wade and then Lebron.

He was a 24/11/2 59% TS 25 PER guy in the 2010 regular season.

And I bet you see him get back to producing very well if his idiotic coach can put him in the right position to excel.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...9&postcount=30

Doesn't matter. His role on the offense is hit the open jumper and defense/rebs. Odom did Betterr or equal those specific years with Kobe.
juju151111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:03 AM   #94
DMAVS41
NBA Legend
 
DMAVS41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 19,648
DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: the only man to win multiple championships without another NBA HOF team mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju151111
Doesn't matter. His role on the offense is hit the open jumper and defense/rebs. Odom did Betterr or equal those specific years with Kobe.


This.

People are either just dumb...or they play dumb.

I have never said Odom is better than Bosh as the best player on a team. I've said that in the role of the third best player on a contender...they have a similar impact. I'd probably rather have Odom.

That is the argument. Not that Odom is a better player overall. It's about the role they play now.

You don't get extra points in a game because your 3rd option used to be better player or something. You dont' get extra points because he makes the all star game.

I want these morons to tell me how 12 and 13 Bosh in the playoffs is any better than 09 and 10 Odom.


They won't be able to. They'll have to talk about some nonsense about allstar games and what Bosh used to do.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:15 AM   #95
Yao Ming's Foot
You're welcome
 
Yao Ming's Foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,969
Yao Ming's Foot has decent reputation
Default Re: the only man to win multiple championships without another NBA HOF team mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
I don't think Bosh can perform well enough defensively to get the minutes that would get him back to performing like that.

But yes, actually, Bosh put into a better position could easily get back to producing 18/8/2 like he did in 11.

But you are confusing yourself. Gasol actually did play great in the playoffs. Bosh has yet to play on that Gasol level on both ends in the playoffs since coming to the Heat.

So it's not a good comparison at all. And Bosh didn't take heat much for the 11 playoffs when he performed well enough I guess.

But stop comparing a 20/11/4 player that also plays quality interior defense to a 13/8/1 player these last two years in the playoffs that struggles defensively.

I'm going to have see some "evidence" to support these statements.

As usual you are already off on some bizarre tangent.

In what way do Pau Gasol's regular season stats prior to joining the Lakers differ from Chris Bosh's prior to joining the Heat such that criticising one is "shocking" while the other is one of your favorite targets?
Yao Ming's Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:18 AM   #96
Yao Ming's Foot
You're welcome
 
Yao Ming's Foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,969
Yao Ming's Foot has decent reputation
Default Re: the only man to win multiple championships without another NBA HOF team mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
This.

People are either just dumb...or they play dumb.

I have never said Odom is better than Bosh as the best player on a team. I've said that in the role of the third best player on a contender...they have a similar impact. I'd probably rather have Odom.

That is the argument. Not that Odom is a better player overall. It's about the role they play now.

You don't get extra points in a game because your 3rd option used to be better player or something. You dont' get extra points because he makes the all star game.

I want these morons to tell me how 12 and 13 Bosh in the playoffs is any better than 09 and 10 Odom.


They won't be able to. They'll have to talk about some nonsense about allstar games and what Bosh used to do.

I would say in this instance I am playing dumb since I completely used your own words and just substituted stats and names. You are arguing against yourself and calling yourself stupid in the process. Good job.
Yao Ming's Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:28 AM   #97
DMAVS41
NBA Legend
 
DMAVS41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 19,648
DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: the only man to win multiple championships without another NBA HOF team mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
I would say in this instance I am playing dumb since I completely used your own words and just substituted stats and names. You are arguing against yourself and calling yourself stupid in the process. Good job.

Nope.

You just can't understand a simple argument and are confusing things as usual.

I have compared Bosh in 12 and 13 in the playoffs to Odom in 09 and 10.

Do you dispute that? Please answer.

What Gasol previously did is brought up because many Kobe fans act like he was nothing without Kobe. That is not similar at all to the Bosh stuff.

I really just think you don't have the intellect to follow simple conversations.

Kobe stan: "Gasol sucked before Kobe...0-12 in the playoffs...bla bla bla"

Rational person: "Gasol was actually really good before coming to the Lakers...he put up quality numbers and proved he was capable of being the clear cut best player on teams making the playoffs...and won 50 games"


That is not at all what is going on with Bosh. Nobody ever says that Bosh sucked before he joined the Heat. Bosh gets hammered for his play in the playoffs these last two years.

Again I ask. Are you really this stupid or are you just acting like a moron?
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:36 AM   #98
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind
 
RoundMoundOfReb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,082
RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: the only man to win multiple championships without another NBA HOF team mate

Gasol is a hall of famer. You're just going to have to come to terms with that.
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:47 AM   #99
Yao Ming's Foot
You're welcome
 
Yao Ming's Foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,969
Yao Ming's Foot has decent reputation
Default Re: the only man to win multiple championships without another NBA HOF team mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
Nope.

You just can't understand a simple argument and are confusing things as usual.

I have compared Bosh in 12 and 13 in the playoffs to Odom in 09 and 10.

Do you dispute that? Please answer.

What Gasol previously did is brought up because many Kobe fans act like he was nothing without Kobe. That is not similar at all to the Bosh stuff.

I really just think you don't have the intellect to follow simple conversations.

Kobe stan: "Gasol sucked before Kobe...0-12 in the playoffs...bla bla bla"

Rational person: "Gasol was actually really good before coming to the Lakers...he put up quality numbers and proved he was capable of being the clear cut best player on teams making the playoffs...and won 50 games"


That is not at all what is going on with Bosh. Nobody ever says that Bosh sucked before he joined the Heat. Bosh gets hammered for his play in the playoffs these last two years.

Again I ask. Are you really this stupid or are you just acting like a moron?

Isn't this thread about Gasol's HOF chances ignoring his international resume?

Why is it "shocking" to question that?

Bosh gets hammered for following coaches orders and being played suboptimally for his individual stats. The same excuse you volunteered already for Gasol in recent years. Your cognitive dissonance is amazing.
Yao Ming's Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:53 AM   #100
DMAVS41
NBA Legend
 
DMAVS41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 19,648
DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: the only man to win multiple championships without another NBA HOF team mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
Isn't this thread about Gasol's HOF chances ignoring his international resume?

Why is it "shocking" to question that?

Bosh gets hammered for following coaches orders and being played suboptimally for his individual stats. The same excuse you volunteered already for Gasol in recent years. Your cognitive dissonance is amazing.

It's shocking that Kobe fans refuse to acknowledge how good Gasol was before and during his time on the Lakers up until the 11 playoffs. He was great.

12 and 13 Gasol and 12 and 13 Bosh are in similar situations in that they are being forced out of their comfort zone.

So I don't follow. We all know Bosh is better than what he's been able to do these last 2 years. The problem is that he can't play the role the Heat need him to all that well. that is why his minutes have been drastically reduced...and his value as a player has dropped from what it once was.

very similar to Gasol...

So again I don't follow. We aren't comparing 12/13 Gasol to 12/13 Bosh. Gasol didn't win in 12 and 13.

He won in 09 and 10...when he was great.

You really need to take a logic and reasoning class or something. This is getting out of hand.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:06 AM   #101
Yao Ming's Foot
You're welcome
 
Yao Ming's Foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,969
Yao Ming's Foot has decent reputation
Default Re: the only man to win multiple championships without another NBA HOF team mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
It's shocking that Kobe fans refuse to acknowledge how good Gasol was before and during his time on the Lakers up until the 11 playoffs. He was great.

12 and 13 Gasol and 12 and 13 Bosh are in similar situations in that they are being forced out of their comfort zone.

So I don't follow. We all know Bosh is better than what he's been able to do these last 2 years. The problem is that he can't play the role the Heat need him to all that well. that is why his minutes have been drastically reduced...and his value as a player has dropped from what it once was.

very similar to Gasol...

So again I don't follow. We aren't comparing 12/13 Gasol to 12/13 Bosh. Gasol didn't win in 12 and 13.

He won in 09 and 10...when he was great.

You really need to take a logic and reasoning class or something. This is getting out of hand.

Link?

Who said he wasn't any good? I see Laker fans volunteering his pre Lakers awards and accolades. At worst someone called him a "soft playoff choker" prior to joining the Lakers which is undoubtedly true. Then "good" in 2009 and 2010. And "fell off" since then. Which part of that is shocking?

You stay throwing out logic class insults while making strawman arguments.
Yao Ming's Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:17 AM   #102
Cali Syndicate
Decent college freshman
 
Cali Syndicate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California
Posts: 2,896
Cali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputation
Default Re: the only man to win multiple championships without another NBA HOF team mate

So besides Dwight, who on the 09 magic is a hof? What about melo and the 09 nuggets? What about Lebron and the 09 cavs?

Sure Kobe and the lakers won, but they were easily the best all around talented and coached team.

Same goes for 2010 outside of the celtics. Suns two hall of farmers? Nope. Magic? Perhaps with Vince. Still, Pau was playing top grade basketball at his peak. Vince was right at the end of whatever prime was left.

Beating the celtics was epic though.
Cali Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:22 AM   #103
DMAVS41
NBA Legend
 
DMAVS41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 19,648
DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: the only man to win multiple championships without another NBA HOF team mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
Link?

Who said he wasn't any good? I see Laker fans volunteering his pre Lakers awards and accolades. At worst someone called him a "soft playoff choker" prior to joining the Lakers which is undoubtedly true. Then "good" in 2009 and 2010. And "fell off" since then. Which part of that is shocking?

You stay throwing out logic class insults while making strawman arguments.

Strawman? Check this very thread.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:24 AM   #104
Yao Ming's Foot
You're welcome
 
Yao Ming's Foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,969
Yao Ming's Foot has decent reputation
Default Re: the only man to win multiple championships without another NBA HOF team mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
Strawman? Check this very thread.

Show me the quotes.
Yao Ming's Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:39 AM   #105
DMAVS41
NBA Legend
 
DMAVS41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 19,648
DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: the only man to win multiple championships without another NBA HOF team mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
Show me the quotes.

What quotes? The point of this thread is to diminish Gasol...

Why do we have to play dumb all the time? This thread's sole purpose is to diminish Gasol and prop up Kobe...get real.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:21 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy