Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-16-2013, 11:22 AM   #316
ralph_i_el
The Wizard

ralph_i_el is popular on this boardralph_i_el is popular on this boardralph_i_el is popular on this boardralph_i_el is popular on this boardralph_i_el is popular on this board
Default Re: Horace Grant: "Michael would average 45 PPG today"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan
Prime MJ in today's no dominant big man camping the lane, weak ass perimeter friendly can't breath on an offensive player or it's FTs era? Absolutely.

It's a weak era my friend, deal with it.

you're a dumb muth****a and you need some help
ralph_i_el is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:39 AM   #317
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Anybody saying MJ wouldn't be able to score that many and win a ring needs to remember Iverson's chucking.

The Sixers were built for Iverson to chuck. They were dependent on his scoring and shot attempts. They didn't win, but they went to the Finals and actually gave the Lakers some competition for a few games (won one).

I'm sure MJ would have a better chance at winning since he shoots a higher percentage and makes better decisions, along with being a better defender.

In regards to players not being able to take many shots, just because some people feel it's not possible.

Kobe can avg close to 30 shots per game if he wanted to. So it isn't as if the defense is the reason why. The team isn't built for him to take that many shots.

But build the proper team around MJ and he can average tons of shots, but even be successful.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:11 PM   #318
ralph_i_el
The Wizard

ralph_i_el is popular on this boardralph_i_el is popular on this boardralph_i_el is popular on this boardralph_i_el is popular on this boardralph_i_el is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
Anybody saying MJ wouldn't be able to score that many and win a ring needs to remember Iverson's chucking.

The Sixers were built for Iverson to chuck. They were dependent on his scoring and shot attempts. They didn't win, but they went to the Finals and actually gave the Lakers some competition for a few games (won one).

I'm sure MJ would have a better chance at winning since he shoots a higher percentage and makes better decisions, along with being a better defender.

In regards to players not being able to take many shots, just because some people feel it's not possible.

Kobe can avg close to 30 shots per game if he wanted to. So it isn't as if the defense is the reason why. The team isn't built for him to take that many shots.

But build the proper team around MJ and he can average tons of shots, but even be successful.

If kobe had averaged 30 shots last year he'd have shot ~40%
Old 10-16-2013, 12:38 PM   #319
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
If kobe had averaged 30 shots last year he'd have shot ~40%

Didn't say he would shoot a high percentage. Simply stating that it isn't because the defense won't let him shoot that many as some are trying to hint at.

And this is 'old' Kobe.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:43 PM   #320
ralph_i_el
The Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
Didn't say he would shoot a high percentage. Simply stating that it isn't because the defense won't let him shoot that many as some are trying to hint at.

And this is 'old' Kobe.

There's no way to stop an NBA player from getting an attempt. Any guard COULD take 50 shot attempts a game. Defenses aren't going to let you do that and score EFFICIENTLY.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:51 PM   #321
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
There's no way to stop an NBA player from getting an attempt. Any guard COULD take 50 shot attempts a game. Defenses aren't going to let you do that and score EFFICIENTLY.

Naw, it still takes skill to be able to average that many shots, specially when the defense is geared to stop you every night. Which is why not every player can do so, you need to have a certain mindset and skill level.

Sure, one any given night somebody like Nick Young can hoist up 32 shots, but can he maintain that for long stretches? probably not. Even if the coach draws up a game plan to do just that the defense adjusts, shit breaks down and you have to create the opportunities on your own. So having the possession doesn't mean you're gonna get the shot off.

But you are still correct, he wouldn't be efficient. Specially during an extended period, those numbers will eventually average down. I agree with your overall point, but players like Kobe need some props.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:19 PM   #322
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

No they can't. There's a certain skill in being able to create your own shots. If it wasn't for that, a dude like Iverson would never even make the league much less become a HOFer.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: