Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-15-2013, 11:06 AM   #226
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Horace Grant: "Michael would average 45 PPG today"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
He also said Jordan would be even BETTER today than in his era.

Who gives a shit what Joe Johnson thinks?

Oscar Robertson thinks Lebron is in a class above everyone as a basketball player. I guess his opinion>JJ's since hes the better player.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:08 AM   #227
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

poido123 is a pretty well-respected posterpoido123 is a pretty well-respected posterpoido123 is a pretty well-respected posterpoido123 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Nah. You need to make shots first to get into rhythm. We can sit here all day and pretend Jordan nailed every mid range jump shot ever, but being given a different look can mess with a players head, even the all time greats. Giving them too much room works at times.
Anyway, not here to argue that. James shot terribly for the majority of that series. No denying it.

Are you still beating a deadhorse on Jordan?

Some things never change

I came and left this thread ages ago
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:12 AM   #228
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123
Are you still beating a deadhorse on Jordan?

Some things never change

I came and left this thread ages ago

I don't hang on to things like some in here. Posters in here like you hyping up their hero to things he couldn't do. If he could have averaged 45ppg, he would have. He didn't.

Some of these myths getting nearly as bad as Wilt.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:13 AM   #229
juju151111
Very good NBA starter

juju151111 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncVxYAsSAko

Here is game 6... Look at every time he has the ball. 2 or 3 guys at the ready, stepping up, and trapping. And I remember watching a video, might have been one from coach Nick on Bballbreakdown, where he showed plays where 4 or 5 players converged on Lebron.
Kobe used to get the same shit, and so did Wade back in his Miami days.

Defenses are just better at stopping star players today, and better at forcing bad shots for the entire team. Its why you see a lower ppg peak for the best players today, lower shooting numbers, and a slower pace in general. Teams are forcing each other to slow down, and forcing one another into bad shots.

Its fact, and its supported by stats.
They gave a wide open shots since game two facts. I did see some double/shading, buy nothing Mj didn't go through. He dropped 50+ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOS1qNTWb70 and for shots and giggles with kobwtard getting raped watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s9_GKFNL9E In the 2nd video it breaks down a lot of myths with quotes, video evidence and No himself saying he took on double teams triple teams etc... and he learned the fadaway shot because he was getting tired in his older days. He says when he was younger he could take doubles and triples no problem. They were criticizing him for looking tired in a couple games at the end.
juju151111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:13 AM   #230
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

poido123 is a pretty well-respected posterpoido123 is a pretty well-respected posterpoido123 is a pretty well-respected posterpoido123 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
I don't hang on to things like some in here. Posters in here like you hyping up their hero to things he couldn't do. If he could have averaged 45ppg, he would have. He didn't.

Some of these myths getting nearly as bad as Wilt.

There's a reason why experts, ex players and analysts say he could do it if he wanted to.

He was that good, move on
Old 10-15-2013, 11:15 AM   #231
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Nah. You need to make shots first to get into rhythm. We can sit here all day and pretend Jordan nailed every mid range jump shot ever, but being given a different look can mess with a players head, even the all time greats. Giving them too much room works at times.
Anyway, not here to argue that. James shot terribly for the majority of that series. No denying it.

Ummmm and if Jordan was given open jumpshots all day he'd be getting into rhythm. No one said he nailed every mid range jump shot. If he did, then I wouldn't have just said it would only be a decent chance.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:16 AM   #232
juju151111
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Stop your bs. Mj would feast on those spurs with that defense. The Knicks tried that in 92 ans he made jumpers after jumpers after they packed the paint. LJ is a mental midget. How many times did spurs play the lakers and pop never did that to kobe.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:18 AM   #233
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

kuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Who gives a shit what Joe Johnson thinks?

Oscar Robertson thinks Lebron is in a class above everyone as a basketball player. I guess his opinion>JJ's since hes the better player.

Except, JJ is talking about HIS era rules and how "soft" they are. Kobe said the same thing a few days back.

Sorry dude, it's just the truth.
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:19 AM   #234
plowking
Banned

Quote:
There's a reason why experts, ex players and analysts say he could do it if he wanted to.

He was that good, move on

But he didn't. So, nothing tells us he could.

Ex players? Yeah, those trying to hype up their era.
Clyde Drexler said he'd average 40ppg in this era or something of that manner? Yeah... Lets believe him because he said so.
Analysts? Not really. Show me the analysts that say he could. Go ahead and show me a number of respected basketball analysts saying he could. Don't you dare show me Magic Johnson saying it either.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:22 AM   #235
ralph_i_el
The Wizard

ralph_i_el has a terrific reputationralph_i_el has a terrific reputationralph_i_el has a terrific reputationralph_i_el has a terrific reputationralph_i_el has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju151111
Stop your bs. Mj would feast on those spurs with that defense. The Knicks tried that in 92 ans he made jumpers after jumpers after they packed the paint. LJ is a mental midget. How many times did spurs play the lakers and pop never did that to kobe.

Jordan is a better mid range shooter than lebron. Spurs wouldn't have played MJ like that.
ralph_i_el is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:23 AM   #236
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

Quote:

Clyde Drexler said he'd average 40ppg in this era or something of that manner? Yeah... Lets believe him because he said so.
Analysts? Not really. Show me the analysts that say he could. Go ahead and show me a number of respected basketball analysts saying he could. Don't you dare show me Magic Johnson saying it either.

He proved he could score 37 points a game over a year?

It's not unreasonable to suggest he could of averaged 45 in this era, better for guards and he simply scored at will. Who's stopping him in this era? Definately he could if he got a good amount of shots on good efficiency.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:25 AM   #237
juju151111
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
Jordan is a better mid range shooter than lebron. Spurs wouldn't have played MJ like that.
Lol tell that to plowking
Old 10-15-2013, 11:26 AM   #238
juju151111
Very good NBA starter

Quote:

Pat riley and Phil Jackson. Two of the greatest coaches in both eras.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:29 AM   #239
ralph_i_el
The Wizard

ralph_i_el has a terrific reputationralph_i_el has a terrific reputationralph_i_el has a terrific reputationralph_i_el has a terrific reputationralph_i_el has a terrific reputation

Quote:

It's not unreasonable to suggest he could of averaged 45 in this era, better for guards and he simply scored at will. Who's stopping him in this era? Definately he could if he got a good amount of shots on good efficiency.

It's better for guards but they're still scoring less points. You can't base what he'd do in todays era off of numbers he put up in a different time where stars scored more and teams had more possessions.

He might very well be a better player in this era and have more impact. He still wouldn't score 40 ppg. "Better" and "Points per game" are different. That's why Carmelo isn't the MVP.
ralph_i_el is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:29 AM   #240
plowking
Banned

Quote:

Its not better for guards. Its easier to stop perimeter players these days with collapsing defenses. Its easier to stop star players.

This shit will never stop. Once Lebron retires, and then 10 years down the track, nostalgic idiots like yourself will be saying he was 295lbs of muscle, stronger than Wilt and Shaq, a better passer than Nash and quicker than Rose.

Shit is ridiculous.

The best player in the game today, and probably one of the 5 best individual players to ever step on the court in Lebron James averages 27/8/7 today. What makes you think Jordan could average 45/5/5 today? What makes you think hes that much better than anyone? Its downright stupid.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: