Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-01-2013, 04:56 PM   #1
AirGauge23
Sound the Charge

AirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Top 5 Quarterbacks

1. Manning
2. Rivers
3. Brees
4. Rodgers
5. Romo

Thoughts?
AirGauge23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:06 PM   #2
MavsSuperFan
NBA rookie of the year

MavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Top 5 Quarterbacks

Manning
Brady
Rodgers
Brees

(significant drop off)

Rivers

consistency matters.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:16 PM   #3
Is He Ill
Cowboys & Spurs

Is He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
Manning
Brady
Rodgers
Brees

(significant drop off)

Rivers

consistency matters.

So far this year, Rivers is definitely #2. Then again, we're only 4 games in. Impossible to tell how these guys will perform for the rest of the year, but I have no doubt that Manning maintains a high level of play throughout the season.
Is He Ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:16 PM   #4
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

after the "big 4" I'll go Rivers, and then Romo

Ben and Eli's stock is crashing like the Great Depression

Luck and Wilson are on the rise
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:18 PM   #5
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Flacco's stock is also crashing with a quickness

that ring bought him 1 off season of being "top-10" to some...now he back to being a shitty QB

that guy couldn't have had a better time to get hot in the playoffs though, as far as money is concerned
Old 10-01-2013, 05:23 PM   #6
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

1. Rodgers
2. Peyton
3. Brees
4. Brady
5. Rivers
6. Romo
7. Ryan
8. Luck
9. Wilson
10. Stafford

I think this is my list right now

I really want to put Newton over Stafford but I just can't right now...maybe next week I can though
Old 10-01-2013, 06:34 PM   #7
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGauge23
1. Manning
2. Rivers
3. Brees
4. Rodgers
5. Romo

Thoughts?
4 good games haven't made us forget the last two horrible years. Absolutely no way he belongs ahead of Brees or Rodgers right now.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:59 PM   #8
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Rivers even at his best was never quite as good as Brees, Brady or Rodgers.

I strongly disagree that Big Ben's stock is dropping. His O-Line and weapons are remarkably weak and he's still generating offense. If I was the Texans GM I would be hurling picks in Pittsburgh's direction.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:52 PM   #9
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
Rivers even at his best was never quite as good as Brees, Brady or Rodgers.

I strongly disagree that Big Ben's stock is dropping. His O-Line and weapons are remarkably weak and he's still generating offense. If I was the Texans GM I would be hurling picks in Pittsburgh's direction.

17.5 ppg and as many INT as TD. 31 years old and between injuries and lifestyle (at least early in his career), it's an old 31.

Maybe he can be resurrected somewhere else, but I don't see how you can argue that his stock is dropping significantly when we're talking about the best QB in the game.

Rivers isn't exactly working with a mother lode of talent but he's getting the job done. Understand, I'm not saying Rivers is or was at the Brees/Rodgers/Brady level, but judging on today his stock and Bens are going in opposite directions.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:42 PM   #10
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
17.5 ppg and as many INT as TD. 31 years old and between injuries and lifestyle (at least early in his career), it's an old 31.

Maybe he can be resurrected somewhere else, but I don't see how you can argue that his stock is dropping significantly when we're talking about the best QB in the game.

Rivers isn't exactly working with a mother lode of talent but he's getting the job done. Understand, I'm not saying Rivers is or was at the Brees/Rodgers/Brady level, but judging on today his stock and Bens are going in opposite directions.

Rivers has been terrific so far no doubt. But to the extent you're unimpressed with Rivers' supporting cast you have to be doubly unimpressed with Roethlisberger's. I wouldn't have guessed it coming into the season but SD offensive line is getting good reviews. Roethlisberger's essentially playing without an offensive line or running game, and has an inept offensive coordinator who sets him up to fail. Whereas Mike McCoy is one of the brighter minds in the game.

And other than Minnesota it's not like Pittsburgh's played a bunch of slappies when it comes to defenses.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:52 PM   #11
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
Rivers has been terrific so far no doubt. But to the extent you're unimpressed with Rivers' supporting cast you have to be doubly unimpressed with Roethlisberger's. I wouldn't have guessed it coming into the season but SD offensive line is getting good reviews. Roethlisberger's essentially playing without an offensive line or running game, and has an inept offensive coordinator who sets him up to fail. Whereas Mike McCoy is one of the brighter minds in the game.

And other than Minnesota it's not like Pittsburgh's played a bunch of slappies when it comes to defenses.

It isn't a coincidence that Ben's regression started when Todd Haley was hired. The two clearly don't get along and the play calling has been suspect at best. Ben has only looked comfortable and productive in the no huddle which isn't a good sign for his chemistry with Haley.

The offensive line troubles are a huge problem obviously but I think Ben would be able to cover that up a bit if he actually had a coordinator who played to his strengths.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:22 PM   #12
TexasBloodMoney
Serious playground baller

TexasBloodMoney has not been impressing people

Check Rivers stats between 2008-2010 (3 straight years of a Qb rating over 100 if you're too lazy to look it up). These 4 game aren't a fluke, he's had a shitty offensive line the past couple of a years and it still isn't amazing but the new O-line coach gets the most out of the talent available. The difference aside from the new regime is that he gets to choose the plays at the line of scrimmage and call audibles himself, rather than running 7 step dropbacks with Norv.

Now is he the 2nd best QB in the league? ehhhhhh I don't know. I could believe it myself but any non-charger fan will never rank him there until he gets a ring.

Problem with the chargers is that they never have a balanced team. One year they have a great offense, the next a great defense (I forget which year exactly but they were ranked #1 in both Offense/defense but the special teams were historically bad, they missed the playoffs).
Dwight Freeney just went to IR along with Malcolm Floyd. The defense was already lagging before but now things could get real ugly.

Anyways holy shit Peyton Manning is shredding the league right now. I mean, I know defenses aren't allowed to tackle anymore but 16 TDs/0 picks @75%?

Looks like he wants his TD passing record back

Last edited by TexasBloodMoney : 10-01-2013 at 09:24 PM.
TexasBloodMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:35 PM   #13
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Rodgers

Manning
Brady
Brees

Matt Ryan
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:54 PM   #14
Is He Ill
Cowboys & Spurs

Is He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Rodgers

Manning
Brady
Brees

Matt Ryan

The gap between Rodgers and Manning makes absolutely no sense.
Is He Ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:06 PM   #15
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Rodgers is more talented.

He has as many 100+ QB Rating seasons in the last four years as Manning does his whole career. He has averaged over 4600 total yards and 39 total touchdowns along with a 107.5 ish QB Rating a year for the last four years

That's why he's at a level by himself. Consistency and talent compared to his peers.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: