Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 03-18-2014, 11:07 AM   #601
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2013-2014 Observation Deck

Auburn has hired ex-Tennessee coach Bruce Pearl as their new Head Coach.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:31 PM   #602
Clyde
Local High School Star

Clyde is considered somewhat coolClyde is considered somewhat coolClyde is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts

Good hire.
Clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:32 PM   #603
Clyde
Local High School Star

Clyde is considered somewhat coolClyde is considered somewhat coolClyde is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
Florida, Kansas, Syracuse!!!!!

That's tough.....I think Duke, Michigan, Wichita, Louiville may be a tougher go.
Clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 03:28 PM   #604
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts

I wanted BC to hire him, even with his history. I believe I saw his name listed as a candidate for the job. The ACC is getting a bit slow for my taste and I fear it's becoming some combination of the former Big East and current Big Ten. Mostly, though, the league can use another decently young and good coach. Pearl is that, imo.

If I were a head coach looking for a job, I would consider a middling ACC team right now. Roy, K, Boeheim, and Pitino are all in their 60s. Bennett and Dixon are still there, but I'm not convinced yet that either can put out a contending team every year. There's going to be a short window for another coach to sneak in and try to step up in the conference if the next hires at UNC, duke, Cuse, and Louisville aren't good ones. You come in now and you have 3-5 years to build up your program to take advantage of the potential situation.

Last edited by IGotACoolStory : 03-18-2014 at 03:32 PM.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:11 AM   #605
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

kansas will get upset by new mexico state
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:59 AM   #606
RightToCensor
Banned

RightToCensor has an OK reputation so far

Kansas can make the Sweet 16 w/o Embiid.

I don't think they can reach the Elite 8 w/o him.
RightToCensor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 04:49 PM   #607
IGotACoolStory

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

Wow - Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources...214413688.html

He would have been low on my shortlist for the next UNC head coach. What a hire!
Old 03-21-2014, 05:09 PM   #608
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah, I love Buzz. Can't believe VT snagged him that's a great hire. Looks like the ACC just got the young coach you were looking for.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:56 PM   #609
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

wtf is Buzz leaving Marquette for VaTech for? I seriously don't get it.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:59 PM   #610
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski

Money or conference restructuring?
Old 03-21-2014, 10:03 PM   #611
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Money or conference restructuring?
for the ACC maybe I guess, but he took a pay DECREASE from what I've seen. if he wanted a better conference I could understand I guess, but you'd think he'd wait for a better gig than VT.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:14 PM   #612
IGotACoolStory

Not sure if it's true, but Marquette fans are saying the Marquette administration wanted him gone. The two disagreed with how Buzz was handling the team; Mayo's grades and drug tests with no suspension and the reason Vander Blue left.

I don't know about any of that. Something is probably up, though, because of how this happened so abruptly. It's a lateral move and he probably could have got a better offer if he waited until the season ended. BC is a better job than VPI, imo.

Speaking of BC:
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...e-coaching-job
Old 03-23-2014, 01:45 PM   #613
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Taylor Inman went HAM at the NAIA Dunk Contest, here's a GIF of his final dunk:

And here's a video with all of his dunks:

link
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:20 PM   #614
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski

neither do I. Marquette has always been a Midwest recruit stronghold, and not sure what VTech has to offer that Marquette doesn't. Maybe he thinks the Big East took a dip in quality with the restructured conferences. Not really sure, a real head scratcher.
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:20 AM   #615
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
neither do I. Marquette has always been a Midwest recruit stronghold, and not sure what VTech has to offer that Marquette doesn't. Maybe he thinks the Big East took a dip in quality with the restructured conferences. Not really sure, a real head scratcher.

My random theory, other than that he might have been in trouble with Marquette's administration, is that he is treating it as a test run to prove he can coach in the ACC. He gets the chance to build the program a little, prove that he can recruit in ACC country, and put his coaching ability to display for UNC/Duke/Cuse in preparation for the string of retirements coming.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: