Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2013, 11:57 PM   #1
kNicKz
College superstar
 
kNicKz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,985
kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster
Default 2013-2014 Observation Deck

college ball is coming soon!!!

Pre Season Rankings

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...ege-basketball

Quote:

1. Kentucky

2. Louisville

3. MSU

4. Arizona

5. Duke Blue Devils

6. Ohio State

7. Florida Gators

8. Syracuse

9. Michigan

10. Oklahoma State

11. UNC

12. Wichita State

13. VCU

14. Memphis

15. Marquette

16. New Mexico

17. Gonzaga

18. Baylor

19. Tennessee

20. Indiana

21. Kansas

22. Colorado

23. UConn

24. UCLA

25. Iowa



I feel like VCU is overrated as hell
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:28 PM   #2
Burgz V2
Good college starter
 
Burgz V2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,042
Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: 2013-2014 Observation Deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNicKz
college ball is coming soon!!!

Pre Season Rankings

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...ege-basketball




I feel like VCU is overrated as hell

Spartans all day baby!
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:28 PM   #3
kNicKz
College superstar
 
kNicKz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,985
kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: 2013-2014 Observation Deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
Spartans all day baby!

They're highly touted this year . Another Izzo final four upon us?
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:54 PM   #4
Burgz V2
Good college starter
 
Burgz V2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,042
Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: 2013-2014 Observation Deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNicKz
They're highly touted this year . Another Izzo final four upon us?

the key is Gary Harris staying healthy. we have pretty much the entire core returning (no Nix, but Payne and Dawson can pick up the slack plus Costello will step in, he's been really good in limited minutes), but no one that really can stretch the floor AND be disruptive on defence.

I know we have the defence to make it to the final four, we usually are near the top of the NCAA in that regard because of Izzo. But our consistency on offense is deplorable. I've given up on Appling as an outside threat, says he's been working on it, but he says that every year. Gary Harris having a big season will go a long way to us going deep into March.

If we don't make it this year, it will either be another 3 or 4 seasons, or Izzo might retire (the thought makes me shudder already) so this year is extremely important
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:55 AM   #5
qrich
King Heno
 
qrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tucson/520!
Posts: 18,856
qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2013-2014 Observation Deck

Reggie Theussss
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:41 AM   #6
kNicKz
College superstar
 
kNicKz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,985
kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: 2013-2014 Observation Deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
If we don't make it this year, it will either be another 3 or 4 seasons, or Izzo might retire (the thought makes me shudder already) so this year is extremely important

Calhoun retiring has been.....depressing as ****....



Recently renamed the main road going through UConn ^^


I'm not really sure if UConn can improve this year. We have the best back court in the country but our front court is in shambles. Enosch Wolf left. Olander is currently suspended. Kentan Facey may not be eligible. DeAndre Daniels will probably be drafted after this year. I'm really hoping he picks up the load at PF and Nolan/Brimah hold down Center

Last edited by kNicKz : 09-27-2013 at 11:43 AM.
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:53 PM   #7
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG
 
IGotACoolStory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: HGJ's back to NBA stardom
Posts: 4,775
IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: 2013-2014 Observation Deck

All the media days happening around now. My favorite time of the year.

Should be a fun season. You look at the preseason polls and it's littered with blue bloods. All five of them in the top 25. Then followed with the likes of Louisville, MSU, Zona, UConn, etc. Seasons when the best are traditionally the best are always fun. 2005 and 2008 off the top of my head as recent examples.

Great pre-season storylines as well. UK's super team, the freshman, Wiggins (as he deserves his own point), the newly aligned conferences/ending of old conferences, and quality returning players (Smart, Smith, McDermott, etc). By the way, Wiggins was named CBS's pre-season NPOY. Don't think I saw that posted.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...er-of-the-year
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:32 PM   #8
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG
 
IGotACoolStory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: HGJ's back to NBA stardom
Posts: 4,775
IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: 2013-2014 Observation Deck

Quick UNC perspective because I have to.

1) We're rated too high. And when UNC likely struggles against a couple of the top teams without their best player, somehow the media will run with it like the university kicked their dog. There's a good chance before the coneference season starts, UNC plays pre-season #1, #2, and #3. UK as scheduled, Louisville in a tournament if both teams win their first cupcake game, and MSU in the Big Ten/ACC challenge.

2) No clue how long PJ Hairston will be out. Ever since his last traffic debacle, from all accounts (players, Roy, boosters) he's been doing everything right and working his ass off. From yesterday's media day, Roy said PJ has done more preseason conditioning than any player he has ever coached. To this point, he's done 3x as much as any player on the team.

An example he used was that PJ ran 100 33's (end of the court and back 3 times in 33 seconds) in less than an hour. Pretty impressive since that's almost 11 miles.

As far as how many games he will be out? Can't even begin to estimate. All I'm going to say is that at the end of the day, all he has to his name are 2 traffic tickets. And in light of Johnny Manziel's half game suspension... But then there's the wildcard that is the NCAA.

That's about it. Frosh look good, soph jumps, McAdoo admittedly slacked off in the offseason last year and is determined now, yada, yada, yada. I do expect PJ to play earlier rather than later and I am expecting an all-american type of season. Because he's just that good an the opportunity is right there. imo, there's a possibility he could be back for Michigan State. Ideally, I just want him for Kentucky. Not just because it's UK, but that will give him a solid handful of games under his belt before the conference slate starts.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:24 PM   #9
christian1923
Y'all ni**** trippin
 
christian1923's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,747
christian1923 has decent reputation
Default Re: 2013-2014 Observation Deck

Watch out for second team all america jahii carson and ASU. Best PG in the country in my opinion
christian1923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:30 PM   #10
Burgz V2
Good college starter
 
Burgz V2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,042
Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: 2013-2014 Observation Deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
Quick UNC perspective because I have to.

1) We're rated too high. And when UNC likely struggles against a couple of the top teams without their best player, somehow the media will run with it like the university kicked their dog. There's a good chance before the coneference season starts, UNC plays pre-season #1, #2, and #3. UK as scheduled, Louisville in a tournament if both teams win their first cupcake game, and MSU in the Big Ten/ACC challenge.

2) No clue how long PJ Hairston will be out. Ever since his last traffic debacle, from all accounts (players, Roy, boosters) he's been doing everything right and working his ass off. From yesterday's media day, Roy said PJ has done more preseason conditioning than any player he has ever coached. To this point, he's done 3x as much as any player on the team.

An example he used was that PJ ran 100 33's (end of the court and back 3 times in 33 seconds) in less than an hour. Pretty impressive since that's almost 11 miles.

As far as how many games he will be out? Can't even begin to estimate. All I'm going to say is that at the end of the day, all he has to his name are 2 traffic tickets. And in light of Johnny Manziel's half game suspension... But then there's the wildcard that is the NCAA.

That's about it. Frosh look good, soph jumps, McAdoo admittedly slacked off in the offseason last year and is determined now, yada, yada, yada. I do expect PJ to play earlier rather than later and I am expecting an all-american type of season. Because he's just that good an the opportunity is right there. imo, there's a possibility he could be back for Michigan State. Ideally, I just want him for Kentucky. Not just because it's UK, but that will give him a solid handful of games under his belt before the conference slate starts.

i was really pessimistic about PJ at the start. Such a mess he got himself into. But Roy has done an amazing job smoothing this over with the AD and with the NCAA. I see him back by the start of the conference schedule.
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:37 PM   #11
Burgz V2
Good college starter
 
Burgz V2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,042
Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: 2013-2014 Observation Deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNicKz
Calhoun retiring has been.....depressing as ****....



Recently renamed the main road going through UConn ^^


I'm not really sure if UConn can improve this year. We have the best back court in the country but our front court is in shambles. Enosch Wolf left. Olander is currently suspended. Kentan Facey may not be eligible. DeAndre Daniels will probably be drafted after this year. I'm really hoping he picks up the load at PF and Nolan/Brimah hold down Center

I think you guys might have a (relative) down year. Getting Daniel Hamilton is huge for you guys, could probably lead to a strong recruiting class.
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 05:28 PM   #12
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG
 
IGotACoolStory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: HGJ's back to NBA stardom
Posts: 4,775
IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: 2013-2014 Observation Deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
i was really pessimistic about PJ at the start. Such a mess he got himself into. But Roy has done an amazing job smoothing this over with the AD and with the NCAA. I see him back by the start of the conference schedule.

Roy and the new AD, Bubba Cunningham. It would have drove me up the wall if Roy screwed up handling this PJ situation after the football fiasco.

Lesson learned: Don't bend over for the NCAA-they just **** you over.

Hopefully the suspension decision comes soon. We're right in the middle of both football seasons, so it will just get buried behind those headlines.


Burgz: What happened between you guys and Tyus Jones? MSU and Kansas were my last hope and you throw in the towel signing this sub-top 100 PG. Now it's two evils and we all know which evil he will end up choosing.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:41 PM   #13
kNicKz
College superstar
 
kNicKz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,985
kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: 2013-2014 Observation Deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
I think you guys might have a (relative) down year. Getting Daniel Hamilton is huge for you guys, could probably lead to a strong recruiting class.

Shabazz Napier may go off and lead us to great things in March...that's basically our only hope. Recruiting outside of Hamilton looks bleak. We really dropped the ball on Pascwal Chukwu

I trust our players and staff though. We've gotten 2 titles as underdogs (and one via pillaging the college BBall landscape )
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 03:42 PM   #14
Burgz V2
Good college starter
 
Burgz V2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,042
Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: 2013-2014 Observation Deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
Roy and the new AD, Bubba Cunningham. It would have drove me up the wall if Roy screwed up handling this PJ situation after the football fiasco.

Lesson learned: Don't bend over for the NCAA-they just **** you over.

Hopefully the suspension decision comes soon. We're right in the middle of both football seasons, so it will just get buried behind those headlines.


Burgz: What happened between you guys and Tyus Jones? MSU and Kansas were my last hope and you throw in the towel signing this sub-top 100 PG. Now it's two evils and we all know which evil he will end up choosing.

i was worried ever since him and Okafor started advertising themselves as a package deal. Okafor's handlers seem to be steering him towards Duke, now Justise Winslow apparently is also in the mix. I really thought we had Jones in the bag though, I won't lie. Then we wiffed on Ulis, even though we had been focusing on him well before he had his matchup with Tyus Jones at Peach Jam. Kentucky showed up late to the party, those bastards
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 03:05 PM   #15
kNicKz
College superstar
 
kNicKz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,985
kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: 2013-2014 Observation Deck

Just waiting on the semi annual Calipari resignment with all of these recruits lol
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:33 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy