Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-18-2013, 11:50 PM   #31
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year

DukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Trent Richardson traded to Colts for 1st round draft pick..

If we don't get a player with that pick lord help me. It's like they think they don't suck enough this season to get our franchise qb.

at least they are decisive i guess? Weeden is done after 2 weeks. Greg Little benched after 2 weeks. Richardson gone after 2 weeks.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:51 PM   #32
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Via our punter on twitter:

Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:53 PM   #33
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
If we don't get a player with that pick lord help me. It's like they think they don't suck enough this season to get our franchise qb.

at least they are decisive i guess? Weeden is done after 2 weeks. Greg Little benched after 2 weeks. Richardson gone after 2 weeks.
Meanwhile Julio Jones is amazing...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:54 PM   #34
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13

Safe to say they don't respect Holmgren/Heckert. At least Mingo looked good last week.

Ugh.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:55 PM   #35
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Sorry, guys... I just took my head out of the oven. Did something happen?

Man, it's good to know that, despite the offense's problems, we have a very good RB we can rely upon. It's a good safety net to have.

I'm telling you guys. The Browns are going to turn it around.

In all honestly Richardson was going to turn into a bust just like every other Alabama player.

It was clear from the past season and during the start of this season that the offense can't rely on him. 3.5 YAC isn't good enough for starting material.

It's actually a decent trade for the browns as they got some value out of him while they can. They can easily draft a back in the third round who'll have the same production as him.

Missing out on Tannehill sure does look dumb now. Don't want to brag but I was saying the Browns should have drafted Tannehill with their first at the time.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:01 AM   #36
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Judging Trent on OMG 3.5 YPC shows your ignorance, to be blunt.

Emmit averaged 3.9 YPC in his rookie year, 4.0 and 3.7 in his prime years....

Tomlinson's first year he averaged 3.6 YPC his first year.....but anyone who watched him knew the type of talent he had, it was only a matter of time.

Trent has amazing talent. I'm not predicting a great career for him, my only point is that labeling him a bust on one season is incredibly dumb especially when you watch him play, their are times he does things that very few RB's are capable of doing.

RBA can attest to that last statement.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:11 AM   #37
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

^^
Eh, I can find a running back in the 3rd round who'll put up the same production as he can. I always thought he was overrated as **** because he played for Bama and had a monster year running behind some maulers.

In general Alabama players don't transition well to the NFL. Mark Ingram is another bust as well.

BRB, Alfred Morris a 6th round pick is twice the player T-rich will ever be
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:27 AM   #38
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool

Is Jerry Krause the GM for the Browns?
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:56 AM   #39
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
^^
Eh, I can find a running back in the 3rd round who'll put up the same production as he can. I always thought he was overrated as **** because he played for Bama and had a monster year running behind some maulers.

In general Alabama players don't transition well to the NFL. Mark Ingram is another bust as well.

BRB, Alfred Morris a 6th round pick is twice the player T-rich will ever be

You can find good players in any round.

Three of the top 14 sack masters last year are 4th rounders, two are undrafted and two third rounders. Doesn't mean it's the norm to find these guys late - for every one of those players picked in that round there are numerous upon numerous players who made no impact.

Top 20 WR yardage last year:

Three undrafted
Two 7th rounders
Two 4th Rounders
Two 3rd Rounders

Almost half of the top 10. Again, doesn't mean "well I'll draft a WR in 3rd round!" is easy or norm.

Top 20 RB's yardage last year:

Two undrafted
One 7th round
Two 6th round
Four 4rd round
Two 2nd round

The rest? 1st rounders

You could say the "I'll find a good/great player in the 3rd round" for any position really except for QB & probably LT. Doesn't mean it's easy to get them.

Last edited by Carbine : 09-19-2013 at 12:59 AM.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:11 AM   #40
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

^ That. Even at QB, Brady was a 6th rounder, Romo undrafted but obviously that would be terrible justification not to take QB's high. It's certainly EASIER to find RB's later in the draft, but not EASY. You see some of the same teams with recycled journeyman at the position year after year.

I certainly think taking Richardson 3rd was too high, and in hindsight a Tannehill-Doug Martin combo would have far surpassed the Richardson-Weedon combo. But for the Colts, using a mid to late 1st on him not a bad move at all. Yes they have other holes, but they just filled one.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:25 AM   #41
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This article made me feel slightly better. And, when I say slightly, I mean very slightly. I have very little confidence in next year's late first-rounder being a better player than TRich and, at the end of the day, that's really the whole point.

Quote:
A first-round pick for Trent Richardson? No-brainer for Browns

I think it's pretty fair to base an opinion of a trade off of the unsolicited opinions that tend to trickle in. And the overwhelming majority of the texts, calls and emails I received from GMs, scouts and execs was that the Browns did very well in this trade.

Receiving a first-round pick for a running back is pretty good work in this day and age, even for one who was a recent top-five pick.

One exec I respect deeply, who has watched Richardson closely during his brief NFL career, expressed his initial reaction to this deal: "The Colts panicked. A first-round pick? I don't believe it."

A scout who did plenty of work on Richardson was flabbergasted by the deal: "Weird trade by Indy," he sent via text. "A first for an adequate back with injury issues? They could get that player next year in the mid to late rounds. Get an adequate dude for a later pick. Everyone has depth at that position."

One GM asked who the Browns were going to go with at running back, and I explained they were bringing in free agent Willis McGahee. His response: "Why didn't the Colts do that first before giving up a 1?"

I was in contact with a few team sources who had running backs on their roster who are expendable, and all said they never got a call from the Colts to explore what it would take to get their guys. "I wish I had [called the Colts]," one noted, "especially after seeing this trade."

A defensive coordinator noted how hard Alabama head coach Nick Saban works his backs, pointed to Richardson's injury issues already in his brief career and texted: "If he can stay healthy, he's a good RB. But the injury bug is a big question mark."

So with that in mind, and noting the fact that Browns president Joe Banner and GM Mike Lombardi were not with the Cleveland organization when the team traded up to draft Richardson third overall, and given their singular vision to finally improve this franchise once and for all by finding a bona fide elite quarterback in this 2014 draft, it all makes total sense.

And I also understand why Colts GM Ryan Grigson, who had the golden touch in his rookie season, made the move, with running back long an issue for Indy and Richardson still just 22 years old. They surged last year to the playoffs and with Andrew Luck in place, have every reason to feel like they are close to something special and clearly feel like they were a player away.

But the Browns now have two first-round picks, two third-round picks and two fourth-round picks, plus all their normal picks in every other round. If they don't get the first overall pick (i.e. Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater), they are in place to wheel and deal to secure the first overall pick if need be (not sure Jacksonville would be willing to deal it), or move up or down to get the quarterback they desire. They also can add more skill players with these picks -- and I agree that a very good starting RB will be available in rounds 2-4 -- and add a stud receiver with the Colts' first-round pick, and be able to retool quickly.

Richardson should benefit from the Colts' passing attack and safeties no longer able to crash freely into the box, but in Cleveland he was a 3.5 yard per carry guy. He never showed the ability to beat people in the open field. He was not explosive. He had two runs over 20 yards. He was indecisive. He looked more like a plodder than a feature back. Maybe all of that is due to the cast around him and the lack of a passing game, but never have running backs been more interchangeable than in this era.

The Browns' new regime doesn't get limited at all by the deal -- his $6.7 million cap hit is more than compensated by the $20-odd million in unused cap space they can roll into next year, and right now, nothing is more valuable to this group than draft picks. Now, they will have to use them wisely, but few teams will be better positioned to do so this spring, and given the quality they have on the defensive side of the ball and with teams like the Ravens and Steelers possibly a bit down, the insertion of one impact draft of skill players might finally reverse the fortunes of this long-suffering franchise.

This team wasn't going to the playoffs this season, even with Richardson carrying them on his back and running for 2,000 yards ... and judged by his less-than-pedestrian stats in his brief stay with the Browns, that wasn't happening, anyway.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/...ner-for-browns

Old 09-19-2013, 01:26 AM   #42
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Weird trade
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:31 AM   #43
Peteballa
Go Gators

Peteballa is a pretty well-respected posterPeteballa is a pretty well-respected posterPeteballa is a pretty well-respected poster

I'm atheist, but God hates Cleveland.
Peteballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:32 AM   #44
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Judging Trent on OMG 3.5 YPC shows your ignorance, to be blunt.

Emmit averaged 3.9 YPC in his rookie year, 4.0 and 3.7 in his prime years....

Tomlinson's first year he averaged 3.6 YPC his first year.....but anyone who watched him knew the type of talent he had, it was only a matter of time.

Trent has amazing talent. I'm not predicting a great career for him, my only point is that labeling him a bust on one season is incredibly dumb especially when you watch him play, their are times he does things that very few RB's are capable of doing.

RBA can attest to that last statement.
Richardson is a very good RB. He's not the kind of guy who is going to be breaking off 50-yard runs every game like Jamaal Charles, but he's as steady as they come and great after contact.

His YPC means absolutely nothing. There are a couple reasons it has been low to start his career and none of it had to do with his quality as a RB. The main reason was because he lacked the explosive plays which a lot of guys rely upon to keep their YPC average respectable.

The biggest issue with Trent is his health.

If you guys recall, I was not a fan of taking a RB that high in the draft. I railed against it on here in the lead-up to the draft. However, having watched Richardson over his first year, I'm really not confident the Browns will be getting a better player in the late first round next year.

And, it is basically throwing in the white towel two games into the f#cking season. To other people who aren't Browns fans, there is a natural reaction to say, "who cares, they weren't going anywhere anyways."

Well, it's a little different for Browns fans who've had to endure this same strategy for the last 15 years with no relief. We've heard this song and dance before. And, giving up this early in the season is really going to test the loyalty of this fanbase. I mean, how much can we take before we just stop caring? Really.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:43 AM   #45
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I predicted the Browns to make the post season this year...

The Browns and the Lions...those are two teams that every single year you want to say "this is the year they show up!"...and every single year they remind you who they are...they are both fcking cursed, doomed for eternity... Once the Super Bowl era began both of those franchises must have traded Babe Ruth to the Yankees somehow
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: