- Signing Oden and Beasley to be starters for legit money is stupid.
- Signing Oden and Beasley to be your 2nd or 3rd string bench guys to minimal NON GUARANTEED contracts is fvcking stacked and awesome.
As someone who doesn't really want the Heat to win any more, I have to admit this is a great pick up. Jesus. No one is denying this dude's talent. He's on a team that will really push the pace, he can grab boards. I don't think he'll get many plays run for him, but just being a guy who can get out on the break and check a PF, hit 3s...
Oden was an eh signing because he may never play, but Beas is still a talent. He can be like Antoine Walker was for the 06 Heat... if he's scrubbing they just sit his ass back down.
Originally Posted by coin24
Well he turned you from a Celtic fan into the second biggest "heat fan" d!ckrider..
1) Beasley can turn it around. He is only 24 years old, HE IS YOUNGER THAN NORRIS COLE.
2) He's basically the 13th, or 14th spot on the roster. Deep bench player that would have normally been given to a guy like Varnado, who will never play. Beasley actually has a chance to play, and a lot more talent.
3) Beasley will be around role models like Ray Allen, LeBron, SHANE BATTIER, etc... this team can teach him how to behave in the NBA, how to take the game seriously, how to improve. He will learn a lot if Beasley is serious about this chance the Heat have given him.
4) Beasley will be given burn in the reg season to rest our aging vets. He won't sniff the court in the playoffs unless he improves. He knows this.
This is a GREAT move. Excellent move. Replace a scrub that would never play, the 14th man on the roster, with Beasley. Still young with a long career ahead of him.