Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-12-2013, 01:26 PM   #1
Hizack
Kids at the park dunk on me

Hizack has decent reputationHizack has decent reputation
Default Lakers took down 9/11 tweet after criticism

Multiple news link

Quote:
We apologize to anyone who took this differently than we intended and were therefore offended by it. We used a photo of how we commemorated 9/11 in the 2001-02 season, shortly after the tragedy occurred, because we wanted to show our support of what we felt at that time and continue to feel now. Out of respect for the intensely personal nature of how people remember this day, and that we recognize that not everyone understood the intent of our message, we pulled down our tweet and photo. Ultimately, our intent was to honor the spirit of remembering a day that we should all never forget.

I see no problem on that tweet. The intent of that tweet and the use of the photo is so obvious. Why could those fans misinterpret that?
Hizack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:27 PM   #2
avonbarksdale
meat mountain

avonbarksdale has a very bad reputationavonbarksdale has a very bad reputationavonbarksdale has a very bad reputationavonbarksdale has a very bad reputationavonbarksdale has a very bad reputation
Default Re: Lakers took down 9/11 tweet after criticism

gawdbe
avonbarksdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:28 PM   #3
JimmyMcAdocious
NBA sixth man of the year

JimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation here

Never forgot is a terrible slogan, bordering offensive for 9/11. I can't believe it's used everywhere.

Anyway I don't see a big deal re the photo.
JimmyMcAdocious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:49 PM   #4
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

meh, its not really that clear. Why not just post the ribbon and flag. Its a pretty dumb tribute/memorial photo and could be easily misconstrued to mean never forget kobe or something like that.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:21 PM   #5
FatComputerNerd
Decent college freshman

FatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
Never forgot is a terrible slogan, bordering offensive for 9/11. I can't believe it's used everywhere.

Anyway I don't see a big deal re the photo.

It's been used for things other than and prior to 9-11

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Never_f...ical_phrase%29
FatComputerNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:03 PM   #6
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

never forget Kobe's fro. it will never come back
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:15 PM   #7
kennethgriffin
NBA Legend

kennethgriffin is considered somewhat coolkennethgriffin is considered somewhat cool

do citizens really hate kobe that much?

an image of him wearing a world trade center memorial ribbon is offensive to people?

this is why i never really feel that bad when innocent people die... i just keep in mind that most human beings don't deserve to live in the first place

we're mostly retards. this topic proves it
kennethgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:18 PM   #8
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

So shall we strike "never forget" from the English language then?
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:18 PM   #9
OldSkoolball#52
Banned

OldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
meh, its not really that clear. Why not just post the ribbon and flag. Its a pretty dumb tribute/memorial photo and could be easily misconstrued to mean never forget kobe or something like that.

I'm pretty sure that's what it did mean.

The date they chose to post it was just an unfortunate coincidence.
OldSkoolball#52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:18 PM   #10
OldSkoolball#52
Banned

OldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
do citizens really hate kobe that much?

an image of him wearing a world trade center memorial ribbon is offensive to people?

this is why i never really feel that bad when innocent people die... i just keep in mind that most human beings don't deserve to live in the first place

we're mostly retards. this topic proves it

Well your contribution certainly does anyway.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:20 PM   #11
I<3NBA
College superstar

I<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryI<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

goddamn. why post a picture of Kobe if your intent is to honor 9/11? there's no need to even include Kobe's pic in a tweet about 9/11. it just comes off as a jerkass move.

and, what i took from it is not 9/11 but Colorado.

never forget Colorado.
I<3NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #12
kennethgriffin
NBA Legend

kennethgriffin is considered somewhat coolkennethgriffin is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52
Well your contribution certainly does anyway.

no its actually scientific fact that 4 out of 5 people are stupid

humans are a shit race. i face palm every day when i search websites like muchosucko. i'm ashamed to be associated with other humans at times

i wish i was something better. but we're just sh*t flinging monkeys that figured out how to build stuff
kennethgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:30 PM   #13
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Seems people take things the wrong way too much these days.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:32 PM   #14
KnicksWolves
I hit open layups

KnicksWolves has an OK reputation so far

The choice of photo is just stupid more than it is offensive.
KnicksWolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:50 PM   #15
OldSkoolball#52
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
no its actually scientific fact that 4 out of 5 people are stupid

humans are a shit race. i face palm every day when i search websites like muchosucko. i'm ashamed to be associated with other humans at times

i wish i was something better. but we're just sh*t flinging monkeys that figured out how to build stuff

I know. I was just joshin ya.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: