Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 10-12-2013, 10:51 AM   #106
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League CHECK IN...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak

I think if a player goes more that 24 hours without a pick in the draft, he should get the next available player on the list be default. This forces managers to make sure they're checking on the draft, and also keeps the draft moving.

I think this is a great idea.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:14 AM   #107
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPSCANWIN
I think this is a great idea.
Besides my horrible grammar (meds + typing first thing in the morning = not a good idea) , I think so too.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 04:40 PM   #108
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

FCardelle has an OK reputation so far

Could you write down the keepers so I can start ordering the pre-draft rankings?
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:56 PM   #109
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
Does anyone have a way to reach bokes? We will have to draw a line in the sand at some point to move on. I've emailed him thru the yahoo site and his profile says he hasn't been on ISH for like 5 days. Thoughts and ideas?

I been on this league every year but one. I have one busy/rough week and we're talking about moving on? You need to chill. About to make my picks.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:00 PM   #110
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
I been on this league every year but one. I have one busy/rough week and we're talking about moving on? You need to chill. About to make my picks.

I knew you'd be upset when you read the traffic. I want you in the league! You're great for it. But it was a timing thing that was getting people worried. Nothing personal. Glad you're back.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:17 PM   #111
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
I knew you'd be upset when you read the traffic. I want you in the league! You're great for it. But it was a timing thing that was getting people worried. Nothing personal. Glad you're back.
I would expect to get some credit that i'd most likely check within the next day or two, i've been around long enough and i've never flaked out on the league. But it's all good.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:19 PM   #112
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
I would expect to get some credit that i'd most likely check within the next day or two, i've been around long enough and i've never flaked out on the league. But it's all good.

Again, just timing strickly due to the draft. We normally are done by now so that was the concern.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:27 PM   #113
bokes15
Playoffs!

As for the 24 hour rule, if we're going to do something ridiculous like that we might as well do a LIVE draft. I'd much prefer that than to be assigned a random pre-draft order player if I miss a day. What happens if we're rolling along and then the person before you or even several picks before you takes forever (like what happens every year) and then you don't want to pick way in advance and you don't check in for a bit and next thing you know a player you don't want is on your team. We already had this dilemma years back when you made my round 1 pick for me on an assumption. Granted, it wasn't a big deal as that's who I was gonna pick anyways, but you get the point.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:31 PM   #114
RapsFan
Great college starter

With 2 weeks to go, we need to figure something out to keep the ball rolling. That was one suggestion. As Zan said, I would assume most people have smart phones and or internet access better then every 24 hours. If everyone's email on the yahoo site is accurate, that can be a way to either alert people it's their pick, or have the picks emailed back in. Normally people are good to send a short list of picks before logging off for a decent amount of time. I don't want auto picks personally.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:00 PM   #115
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

RapsFan, check your pm's
Old 10-12-2013, 10:09 PM   #116
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Not getting pushy or anything, but I can't see why anyone would have an issue with the 24 hour rule. We're all able to check our email on a daily basis (no?), so there is no reason you can't flip onto the draft to see where your at within a 24 hour period. Plus RapsFan can email players as soon as it's their turn to draft. No excuses, we only have a short amount of time to get this bad boy in.

It's not a ridiculous request by any means imo.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:12 PM   #117
RapsFan
Great college starter

Got bokes picks...thanks Zan for sending them to me.

I think if we can just keep everyone informed of major scheduling issues, we should be ok. If you're going to be gone with no access for 8 hours, let the group know because maybe more people will be online when the 8 hours is up so we can churn out a few picks to get caught up.

Now that I have all the picks (again assuming Beast's picks are accurate), there are some things I need to do on the site which I'll try and get completed asap.
Old 10-13-2013, 02:30 AM   #118
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

Quote:
And I would expect your apologies. If everyone did the same than you, this draft would be impossible. You are being childish.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:43 PM   #119
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCardelle
And I would expect your apologies. If everyone did the same than you, this draft would be impossible. You are being childish.
Did you really just ask for an apology? You owe us several of them, i'll get back to you on that.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:30 AM   #120
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Did you really just ask for an apology? You owe us several of them, i'll get back to you on that.
Did I say chlidish?

Anyway, I thought expect and "ask for" are different verbs...

expect:
2. To consider reasonable or due: We expect an apology.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/expect
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: