Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-27-2013, 05:03 PM   #1
Inferno
chill

Inferno has an incredible reputation hereInferno has an incredible reputation hereInferno has an incredible reputation hereInferno has an incredible reputation hereInferno has an incredible reputation hereInferno has an incredible reputation hereInferno has an incredible reputation here
Default Caron Butler wants to mentor Michael Beasley

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...chael-beasley/

Quote:
Hes a guy that had an unbelievable collegiate career, who came into the NBA as a top-two pick, so the talent is there, it hasnt gone anywhere. Its like clay, it just needs to be molded right. Somebody needs to be around him, talking to him and telling him the right things and building him up and keeping nothing but positive energy around him and moving him forward instead of pulling him back.

Butler, a raging success story born out of an unsavory childhood, arrested numerous times before he turned 15, said if Beasley remains with the team, and if the 6-foot-10, 235-pounder is willing, he will stick by the kids side, mentor him, attempt to reach him. At this point, save him from himself.

I would stay in his ear, I would definitely stay in his ear, Butler said. I would continue to motivate him and I would challenge him night-in and night-out, in practice, just whatever I can do to make him better I would do as a human being, and obviously as a basketball player because I think he has tremendous upside still. Hes just 24 years old.

Butler was arrested 11 times for drug dealing before he was 15, and managed to turn his life around Do you guys think he can help Beasley if the Suns decided to give him one more shot?
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:04 PM   #2
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Caron Butler wants to mentor Michael Beasley

I think the Butler would serve him well.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:10 PM   #3
Real Men Wear Green
BathFrog of Doom

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

They're saying Beasley is 6'10?
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:11 PM   #4
Peteballa
Go Gators

Peteballa is a pretty well-respected posterPeteballa is a pretty well-respected posterPeteballa is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
They're saying Beasley is 6'10?

Lol god damnit five years and this is still a conversation

The "IS BEASLEY 6'10 OR 6'8?" conversation is soooo 2008.
Peteballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:12 PM   #5
Real Men Wear Green
BathFrog of Doom

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peteballa
Lol god damnit five years and this is still a conversation

The "IS BEASLEY 6'10 OR 6'8?" conversation is soooo 2008.
I'm just pointing out what the article said.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:13 PM   #6
Peteballa
Go Gators

Peteballa is a pretty well-respected posterPeteballa is a pretty well-respected posterPeteballa is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
I'm just pointing out what the article said.

I know I know, I agree with you. It's just funny to me. The whole Beasley height conversation is just kind of nostalgic for me, brings me back to a totally different era of Heat basketball.
Peteballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:18 PM   #7
TheReal Kendall
Love Live Life

TheReal Kendall is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReal Kendall is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peteballa
I know I know, I agree with you. It's just funny to me. The whole Beasley height conversation is just kind of nostalgic for me, brings me back to a totally different era of Heat basketball.

They was saying he was 6'10 in college but yeah I know he's like 6'8.

Didn't the Suns let him go? We got til August 31 to do so.

I hope they release this nikka. He said he changed when we first signed him
TheReal Kendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:21 PM   #8
Inferno
chill

Inferno has an incredible reputation hereInferno has an incredible reputation hereInferno has an incredible reputation hereInferno has an incredible reputation hereInferno has an incredible reputation hereInferno has an incredible reputation hereInferno has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
They was saying he was 6'10 in college but yeah I know he's like 6'8.

Didn't the Suns let him go? We got til August 31 to do so.

I hope they release this nikka. He said he changed when we first signed him

You don't think Butler can help him?
Old 08-27-2013, 05:25 PM   #9
TheReal Kendall
Love Live Life

TheReal Kendall is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReal Kendall is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno
You don't think Butler can help him?

No!

I don't want the Suns to take that chance.

Just waive him and continue to rebuild.

Beasley don't want help
TheReal Kendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:28 PM   #10
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan has not been impressing people

Release him and let him go to the Lakers.

Kobe-Young-Beasley.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:31 PM   #11
Inferno
chill

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan
Release him and let him go to the Lakers.

Kobe-Young-Beasley.

Who'd mentor Beasley on the Lakers?
Old 08-27-2013, 05:39 PM   #12
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno
Who'd mentor Beasley on the Lakers?

Kobe, Pau and Steve.

Who do you think would?
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:43 PM   #13
Inferno
chill

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan
Kobe, Pau and Steve.

Who do you think would?

I don't think Kobe would have the attention span to do so He'd probably end up kicking Beasley's ass or something
Old 08-27-2013, 06:17 PM   #14
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

That is pretty cool of Butler. I think that is what Beasley needs, someone to stay in his ear and help him stay focused and positive. The dude has potential and I hate to see a brother waste that God-given talent on being foolish. Mad props to Butler for stepping up to help a player in need.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:18 PM   #15
TheMilkyBarKid
Local High School Star

TheMilkyBarKid has decent reputationTheMilkyBarKid has decent reputation

I would love to see Beasley reach his potential, dude could be a top 5/10 scorer in the league in my opinion. I doubt we'll ever see it though.
TheMilkyBarKid is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: