Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-22-2013, 06:19 PM   #46
SamuraiSWISH
Samurai Swoosh

SamuraiSWISH is considered somewhat coolSamuraiSWISH is considered somewhat coolSamuraiSWISH is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: LeBron says Dr J is TOP 3 All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
True.

Going by what Magic said then Russell is the GOAT
Not really, because for many of those rings he was like the 3rd, 4th, even 5th best contributor on the other side of the ball.
SamuraiSWISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:36 PM   #47
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Bill not being the leading scorer does not mean anyone else was the best player and I suspect whoever you claim was better than him would agree. John Havlicek sure as hell would and hes the only one with a case as Bill got older. And he said he missed Bill more on offense than defense.

There is no question who the key player was on all 11 of those rings. None. At all. And by the time he had fallen off enough to even ask the question Sam Jones had slowed as well and Bill was player/coach. You are a teams best player AND the coach there is no question whos team it is.

And nobody on the celtics ever finished ahead of him im MVP voting after his rookie season when he missed half the year to play in the olympics(In Australia...so the summer was in our winter).

Full season Bill...nobody on his team ever finished ahead of him in MVP voting and it was the players voting.

Anyone but Bill being that teams #1 is just 40 years later talk. Its clear who the players thought. He got more MVP voting points in his last season than anyone else on the Celtics got his entire post rookie career.

The league knew what it was.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:47 PM   #48
Noyze
Great young streetballer

Noyze has an OK reputation so far

Ok, I like Dr. J too...

But there's no way in hell he's better then Kareem, Wilt, Tim Duncan, Magic, Hakeem & Shaq. You could make a debate for the ones I didn't mention but he's not even close to the ones listed above. I'm talking about "skill" not just accomplishments. Not even close.
Noyze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:28 PM   #49
fpliii
LA Lakers Est. 1960

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
Not really, because for many of those rings he was like the 3rd, 4th, even 5th best contributor on the other side of the ball.

lol ironic when speaking about the Magic man. Also, offense != scoring.
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:31 PM   #50
scm5
Decent college freshman

scm5 has an OK reputation so far

Dr. J picked Kobe over Lebron and put Kobe in the top 5 all-time.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...be-over-lebron
scm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:34 PM   #51
Fresh Kid
Banned

Fresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this board

why he picked number 6 then? what a bitch
Fresh Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:37 PM   #52
kennethgriffin
NBA rookie of the year

kennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this board

tired of the agenda moderators have against me

they delete every single one of my successful threads

i should have around 10k+ posts. but theyve deleted my entire history on here seemingly

they let kobe haters run wild. but anything regarding lebron or jordan not in a positive way is shut down

this place will be run into the ground pretty soon because jeff only hires lebron fans with agenda's

there is no parity here anymore. it was a good 5 years. ( for the most part )

so long
kennethgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:39 PM   #53
Fresh Kid
Banned

Fresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethgriffin

tired of the agenda moderators have against me

they delete every single one of my successful threads

i should have around 10k+ posts. but theyve deleted my entire history on here seemingly

they let kobe haters run wild. but anything regarding lebron or jordan not in a positive way is shut down

this place will be run into the ground pretty soon because jeff only hires lebron fans with agenda's

there is no parity here anymore. it was a good 5 years. ( for the most part )

so long
say it aint so bro
Fresh Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:57 PM   #54
Pra
Dance Gavin Dance!

Pra has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psileas
Right, Dr.J is top-3, yet LeBron wanted to change his number to 6 in order to create his own legacy. The value of such opinions...

Miami retired #23 boss. Didn't MJ Idolize Dr. J as a kid? Maybe Bron idolize's both of them(MJ/Dr. J), just like Kobe/Bron fans idolize their favorite players and have them ranked differently on their top 20 player list.

Last edited by Pra : 08-22-2013 at 09:00 PM.
Pra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:39 PM   #55
Hoopz2332
Local High School Star

Hoopz2332 has no real reputation yet.

Interview of Lebron from highschool he mentions

Jordan
Magic
Bird

..and Dr J

3:03

ESPN's LeBron James High School Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGRZP35sTFI
Hoopz2332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:22 PM   #56
Psileas
NBA lottery pick

Psileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pra
Miami retired #23 boss. Didn't MJ Idolize Dr. J as a kid? Maybe Bron idolize's both of them(MJ/Dr. J), just like Kobe/Bron fans idolize their favorite players and have them ranked differently on their top 20 player list.

LeBron had made his decision to change to #6 public before announcing his decision to play for Miami. But, whatever the reason for changing, how can you claim that you'll make your own legacy with a certan number that has already been worn by 2 of the game's GOAT legends? Especially if you have idolized one of them. Why didn't he follow young Kobe's example, by picking a number that hadn't already become legendary?
Psileas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:49 PM   #57
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm5
Dr. J picked Kobe over Lebron and put Kobe in the top 5 all-time.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...be-over-lebron

Ouch that's gotta hurt for Lebron fans.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: