Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-21-2013, 02:09 PM   #31
305Baller
Dos minutos.

305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board
Default Re: LeBron says Dr J is TOP 3 All Time

No one really knows how good J's prime was except a select few who saw the games in person since his prime was not televised.

The ABA seemed like an AND-1 type league, maybe there was no defense played but maybe Dr. J really was that good also.

Dr. J's play in the NBA warrants the notion that the overall game in the ABA was the latter and not the former.

Last edited by 305Baller : 08-22-2013 at 12:14 AM.
305Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:23 PM   #32
INDI
Local High School Star

INDI has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollsmasher
MJ
Dr J
Bird

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/l...terview-081913

I guess I will have to put Dr J above Kobe then

Glad to know that bron knows he isnt the best small forward ever
INDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:26 PM   #33
The Choken One
<3 LeBron <3 Heat <3

The Choken One posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryThe Choken One posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryThe Choken One posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Not surprised...giving how intelligent LeBron is.
The Choken One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:39 PM   #34
bizil
National High School Star

bizil has a near all-star reputation herebizil has a near all-star reputation herebizil has a near all-star reputation herebizil has a near all-star reputation herebizil has a near all-star reputation herebizil has a near all-star reputation here

I feel to this day that when u throw in his ABA career that Doc is STILL THE GOAT SF. If u are talking strictly NBA then i think its Bird and Bron as the top two, with Bron about to snatch #1 from Bird. Gotta realize ABA was absorbed by the NBA of course. And the NBA used many of the ABA concepts to globalize the game. But in terms of the GOAT basketball players of all time, I got Doc in my top 7-8 to ever do it. It's a shame the ABA careers actually penalize the overall rankings of the greats to a degree. If I had to pick one athlete PERIOD to be the ambassador for a league, it would be Dr.J. He had it all from his talent, demeanor, and exciting style of play.
bizil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:48 PM   #35
kennethgriffin
NBA Legend

kennethgriffin is considered somewhat coolkennethgriffin is considered somewhat cool

lebron isn't a very good student of the game.

like when he picked #6 and said the nba should retire #23

all the while not even knowing bill russell wore number 6

then saying he would never pick russell over jordan because his 11 rings are no better than any 1 of jud buechler's

dr j even wore #6. if he thinks hes the 2nd best player ever instead of jordan. why'd he pick that number than? maybe cause all he saw was some ABA dunking highlights when he wore #32 LOL

dr J is at best top 14-15 all time
kennethgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:05 PM   #36
316MIA
Re-HEAT

316MIA has not been impressing people

I cracked up at him putting not only Bird over Magic but Dr. J after Jordon??? Wtf
316MIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:09 PM   #37
SHAQisGOAT
Decent college freshman

SHAQisGOAT has a terrific reputationSHAQisGOAT has a terrific reputationSHAQisGOAT has a terrific reputationSHAQisGOAT has a terrific reputationSHAQisGOAT has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 316MIA
I cracked up at him putting not only Bird over Magic but Dr. J after Jordon??? Wtf

Bird > Magic
SHAQisGOAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:14 PM   #38
fpliii
NBA All-star

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
dr J is at best top 14-15 all time

http://remembertheaba.com/ABAStatist...hibitions.html

So I'm guessing you're docking Kareem for playing in a split league, that lost to the ABA in their h2h contests, before the 73-74, 74-75, and 75-76 seasons?
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:01 PM   #39
steve

steve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305Baller
No one really knows how good J's prime was except a select few who saw the games in person since his prime was not televised.

The ABA seemed like an AND-1 type league, maybe there was no defense played but maybe Dr. J really was that good also.

Dr. J's play in the NBA warrants the question that the overall game in the ABA was the latter and not the former.

The no defense thing was more perception than anything else. The ABA was more of a running/wide open league and shots were taken quicker in the shot clock than they were in the NBA at the time. But you still had excellent defenders both inside and on the wing in the ABA (especially in the second half of the league's existence) who impacted the game. The best example is a player like Artis Gilmore whose defensive impact didn't change at all once he switched from the ABA to the NBA.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:08 PM   #40
Spaulding
It's Okay

Spaulding is a pretty well-respected posterSpaulding is a pretty well-respected posterSpaulding is a pretty well-respected posterSpaulding is a pretty well-respected poster

Wow so many people so mad about a persons top 3.
Spaulding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:13 AM   #41
305Baller
Dos minutos.

305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board

Old 08-22-2013, 06:23 PM   #42
305Baller
Dos minutos.

Magic responds:

"Lebron is entitled to his opinion, but I still think that he and I have a similar game and that's why I LOVE to watch him play!"

That quickly was followed by, "NBA Championship rings are all that matter; Jordan 6, Me 5, Bird 3, LeBron 2 and Dr. J 1."
Old 08-22-2013, 06:40 PM   #43
SamuraiSWISH
Samurai Swoosh

SamuraiSWISH has an incredible reputation hereSamuraiSWISH has an incredible reputation hereSamuraiSWISH has an incredible reputation hereSamuraiSWISH has an incredible reputation hereSamuraiSWISH has an incredible reputation hereSamuraiSWISH has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305Baller
Magic responds:

"Lebron is entitled to his opinion, but I still think that he and I have a similar game and that's why I LOVE to watch him play!"

That quickly was followed by, "NBA Championship rings are all that matter; Jordan 6, Me 5, Bird 3, LeBron 2 and Dr. J 1."
No, what matters is rings within context. Were you the BEST player on said team when winning that championship?

Otherwise, why no mention of Kobe ... he matches Magic's 5? Wade matches Bird's 3?

Magic wasn't the best player on all his team's championships, neither was Kareem, neither was Kobe, neither was Wade, neither was Shaq, neither was Russell.
SamuraiSWISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:03 PM   #44
305Baller
Dos minutos.

Tell it to Magic.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:15 PM   #45
TheReal Kendall
Love Live Life

TheReal Kendall is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReal Kendall is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
No, what matters is rings within context. Were you the BEST player on said team when winning that championship?

Otherwise, why no mention of Kobe ... he matches Magic's 5? Wade matches Bird's 3?

Magic wasn't the best player on all his team's championships, neither was Kareem, neither was Kobe, neither was Wade, neither was Shaq, neither was Russell.

True.

Going by what Magic said then Russell is the GOAT
TheReal Kendall is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: