Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-21-2013, 03:57 AM   #16
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong wayXiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: What if the NBA didn't allow players to take paycuts?

The league would get even younger. Definitely a horrible idea.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:58 AM   #17
sundizz
Local High School Star

sundizz has decent reputationsundizz has decent reputation

This actually is a fantastic idea. If they set a cap + did this it really would even the playing field. There is no way the player's union would ever agree to this though.

The bids should be hidden/anonymous as well. Collusion is unlikely from the owner's as they'll spend whatever they can to get the top 10 players in the league.

It'd def make how well you manage decisions a bigger part of the game. Spurs would be killing it even more lol.

The only caveat should be that the team they are with last (before free agent), has the option of matching the final bid. Honestly though, the league is awesome right now. The East is strongish, the West is super strong. What more could you ask for than 6-8 teams legitimately competing for a title.

The Lakers were way more dominant than these Heat. These Heat lost once, won once, and got 15/10 lucky to get a 2nd. The Lakers from their 2nd chip up until they broke up literally were the favorite every year by a decent sized (and true) margin.

Considering there are very few lebron level players left...this is pretty amazing that TEAMS are this good right now. Before it was superstar power, aka Kobe, Shaq, Timmy, KG etc...now it is teams like the Dubs, the Pacers, the Spurs that are in the hunt.

Last edited by sundizz : 08-21-2013 at 04:01 AM.
sundizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 04:05 AM   #18
SixShooter
Can barely lace up my sneakers

SixShooter has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollsmasher

Whos is this lol

Ugly ass couple. Fat short acne chick or fat acne pubes guy
SixShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 04:15 AM   #19
I<3NBA
NBA lottery pick

I<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryI<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosBulls
My beautiful girlfriend, thanks for reminding me how much better my life is than yours.
beauty, as they say, is in the eyes of the beholder. in my eyes though, those girls are not beautiful.
I<3NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 04:59 AM   #20
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

NumberSix is popular on this boardNumberSix is popular on this boardNumberSix is popular on this boardNumberSix is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
All they have to do is get rid of the cap on max salaries if they don't want super teams to form. If Cleveland were allowed to offer him $50 million/year he would've stayed. It's worth chasing rings if the difference is just a few million. It's not worth ring chasing if the difference is $30 million/year.
Doubt it.

LeBron's NBA salary is only about 25%-30% of his income. Being a marketable celebrity is much more valuable to his bank account and winning championships increases his marketability.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:27 AM   #21
Mr. Jabbar
Da Real Lambo

Mr. Jabbar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMr. Jabbar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMr. Jabbar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMr. Jabbar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMr. Jabbar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMr. Jabbar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMr. Jabbar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMr. Jabbar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollsmasher

if this is real pic from a poster here and you're making fun of it you should be perma banned immediately, they look like a great happy couple
Mr. Jabbar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:28 AM   #22
PickernRoller
2/5

PickernRoller has not been impressing people

Lebron would be ringless.
PickernRoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:50 AM   #23
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
Doubt it.

LeBron's NBA salary is only about 25%-30% of his income. Being a marketable celebrity is much more valuable to his bank account and winning championships increases his marketability.

He had the same Nike contract in Cleveland that he does in Miami. He was signed out of high school for $100 million by Nike. The reason his salary is only 25-30% of his income is BECAUSE of the individual salary cap. If he were making $50m or more in salary from the NBA, the percentage would balloon up.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:07 AM   #24
I<3NBA
NBA lottery pick

I<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryI<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Prokhorov would get Lebron James, Dwight Howard, Chris Paul, Kevin Durant, and James Harden.
I<3NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:47 PM   #25
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Why would the players union be against NBA players taking pay cuts?

And Trollsmasher is a fvcking creep saving pictures of other people on his computer. What else do you expect from a Lebron stan who joined in April yet has almost 2000 posts.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:51 PM   #26
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
Why would the players union be against NBA players taking pay cuts?

And Trollsmasher is a fvcking creep saving pictures of other people on his computer. What else do you expect from a Lebron stan who joined in April yet has almost 2000 posts.
are him and millwad the same guy? dude posts other ppls pics too

either way, creeps.
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:58 PM   #27
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Would it be better for the league if say they made contract signings play out like auctions where the highest bidder wins?

Nah. True free agency has to be free. You should read up on the conditions in the league when the teams had all the power. The league is much better off as it is.

Plus when it comes down to it its a job offer from multiple places. Its gotta be up to you to decide who you work for. Call it one league if you want. Its a league of 30 competing teams. Being under one umbrella doesnt mean its all the same.

If im from Atlanta and my 90 year old grandma is there and the Hawks offer me 85 million but the raptors offer 86 there is no good reason I should have to go to Canada.

You put in 3-4 years before you even have a choice. And almost everyone good resigns with the team they got drafted by if only to get that lifetime security in case they get hurt. Players all sign that deal in year 3 to stay. The ones teams want at least.

Lebron did and so did Dwight, Bosh, Melo, Durant, Rose, Westbrook, Paul, Deron, Amare, and on and on and on and on.

The team that drafts you generally gets 7 years of your services. More than half a normal star career. And in many cases 7 years is your prime. Might get 2-3 more before slowly falling off but guys these days are stars at 21. 7 years generating massive income for some people more than earns you the right to play where you feel to me.

Being rich doesnt mean they need to accept working where you think they should.

I know damn well after 7 years somewhere I wasnt in love with I might wanna try working/living elsewhere.

They should have the same right. Being stuck where you dont wanna be from 20-35 seems a bit much. Even for the money they make. They arent getting it for nothing. They are getting a cut of the 3-4 billion that 10 years of hard work helped them generate.

Im not mad about it.

Im mad that I didnt put the work in that Pistol Pete did.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:30 PM   #28
FLDFSU
Local High School Star

FLDFSU has not been impressing people

So instead of "collusion" by the players you suggesting real collusion by the Owners?
FLDFSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:40 PM   #29
Flash31
Local High School Star

Flash31 is a pretty well-respected posterFlash31 is a pretty well-respected posterFlash31 is a pretty well-respected poster

What a moronic,ignorant stupid idea.

So instead of teams being able to keep their players
theyll get outbid every time.

The only contenders in the league would be teams willing and having money to spend.

NY,BKN,LAL
would take most of the top talent.

It wouldnt matter if for ex Durant is FA
OKC offers 25-30 mil
LA,NY,BKN offer higher
EVErY Single time
and if okc keeps Durant then They dont have enough for Westbrook
or get broken to 2 stars and scrubs

Nobody would outbid those 3
Prokorov is richest owner in NBA
LAL have 3 billion dollar tv deal and thats 200 mill a year and thats just the tv deal
NY have their own network,msg is on wall street and are the richest team in the NBA playing in biggest most populous city

Youd have every single as game coming from3 teams

There would be NO Parity

look at the 80s,90s how players had it or
the 60s,70s where you had 0 freedom
Teams owned you
you didnt get to choose,
Before Oscar changed it
There was 0 FREE AGENCY

look at baseball to see how a bidding system works
Big teams take any and all players
and keeping the cap makes it worse
for teams bc they have to overpay to keep players or have no advantages whatsoever if you make it a bid
Flash31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:44 PM   #30
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash31
What a moronic,ignorant stupid idea.

So instead of teams being able to keep their players
theyll get outbid every time.

The only contenders in the league would be teams willing and having money to spend.

NY,BKN,LAL
would take most of the top talent.

It wouldnt matter if for ex Durant is FA
OKC offers 25-30 mil
LA,NY,BKN offer higher
EVErY Single time
and if okc keeps Durant then They dont have enough for Westbrook
or get broken to 2 stars and scrubs

Nobody would outbid those 3
Prokorov is richest owner in NBA
LAL have 3 billion dollar tv deal and thats 200 mill a year and thats just the tv deal
NY have their own network,msg is on wall street and are the richest team in the NBA playing in biggest most populous city

Youd have every single as game coming from3 teams

There would be NO Parity

look at the 80s,90s how players had it or
the 60s,70s where you had 0 freedom
Teams owned you
you didnt get to choose,
Before Oscar changed it
There was 0 FREE AGENCY

look at baseball to see how a bidding system works
Big teams take any and all players
and keeping the cap makes it worse
for teams bc they have to overpay to keep players or have no advantages whatsoever if you make it a bid

When did OP say that the rules regarding max deals would be erased?
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: