Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-22-2013, 01:25 AM   #76
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Dwyane Wade back working with Tim Grover

I'm hoping Wade has resurgence and pushes for FMVP. Would be awesome to see him get another one and put him another echelon higher as a player.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:34 AM   #77
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

poido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
I'm hoping Wade has resurgence and pushes for FMVP. Would be awesome to see him get another one and put him another echelon higher as a player.

Knowing Lebron's luck, Wade will elevate his play this season and carry his ass to a 3rd title

No, but seriously, back in wade's earlier career, I was a big fan of his. I had Wade shoes that I bought from the states(Most comfortable shoe I ever had) and had a bet on the Heat to win the title in 06' at the start of the season(got crazy odds).

Hell, I even rooted for Lebron when he was playing for the Cavs, I really wanted to see him reach the highest level of play, but his decisions and attitude changed my view of him, same with Wade to a smaller degree.
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:41 AM   #78
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Just2McFly has a near all-star reputation hereJust2McFly has a near all-star reputation hereJust2McFly has a near all-star reputation hereJust2McFly has a near all-star reputation hereJust2McFly has a near all-star reputation hereJust2McFly has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
I would like that too.

I'm flabbergasted that he stopped working with Mr.Grover in the first place.
Just2McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:05 AM   #79
Akhenaten
Great young streetballer

Akhenaten has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax
Wade in 2009 was better than Bron for months. Bron just went super sayan towards the end, and the record also helped.

actually it was the other way around

POST ALL-STAR:

Lebron: 28/8/8 49% 1bpg 1spg

Wade: 34/8/5 51% 2spg 1bpg

Lebron just had the far better team, particularly in the front court.

09 Cavs were 3rd in Drtg, 1st in Opp points allowed
compared to 11th and 12th respectively for the Heat

Heat were 28th in rebounding, compared to 7th for the Cavs
Mo Williams, Delonte, Varaejo, Illgauskas were better than anybody on the Heat not named Wade

They were just a much better team than the Heat, I mean seriously the Heat's second option was a rookie Beasley , the starting point a rookie Chalmers. A decrepit Jamaal Magloire was our best centre until we got a decrepit Jermaine Oneal.

the 09 Heat were akin to those early 2000 Magic teams, literally a one man show ON BOTH ENDS. Wade LITERALLY had to do EVERYTHING and do it PROLIFICALLY night in, night out for the Heat to have a CHANCE to win.

I had no problem with James winning because that's just been the historical criteria of the award (best player on the team with the best record), it is what it is.

For my money though, Wade out produced James and did while carrying a MUCH heavier burden IMO.
Akhenaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:47 AM   #80
Dragonyeuw
Local High School Star

Dragonyeuw is considered somewhat coolDragonyeuw is considered somewhat coolDragonyeuw is considered somewhat cool

The last time this happened, Wade's 2009 season happened. Which obviously won't happen again, but we may see him at least as good as the Wade we saw when Lebron joined. I think he needs to drop some weight, take some pressure off those aging legs. I remember Jordan dropped weight from 96 to 97, and was quicker, even at the age of 34....
Dragonyeuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:57 AM   #81
Mass Debator
Local High School Star

Mass Debator has decent reputationMass Debator has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
The last time this happened, Wade's 2009 season happened. Which obviously won't happen again, but we may see him at least as good as the Wade we saw when Lebron joined. I think he needs to drop some weight, take some pressure off those aging legs. I remember Jordan dropped weight from 96 to 97, and was quicker, even at the age of 34....
This. Shedding 5-7 lbs will do him wonders. I think he's around 225-230 right now and need to be closer to 220. It'll definitely help with his jump shot, defense, and conditioning.
Mass Debator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:03 PM   #82
Dragonyeuw
Local High School Star

Dragonyeuw is considered somewhat coolDragonyeuw is considered somewhat coolDragonyeuw is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass Debator
This. Shedding 5-7 lbs will do him wonders. I think he's around 225-230 right now and need to be closer to 220. It'll definitely help with his jump shot, defense, and conditioning.

I think he could stand to be 210. The emphasis on his training should be flexibility, quickness, agility. He has a 'powerful' body but as he ages, he needs to drop weight to compensate for the natural lose of athleticism.
Dragonyeuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:12 PM   #83
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

Yes I always thought Wade should be dropping weight if he has knee issues. He has a body builder physique and doesnt always translate well to basketball longevity. Heres hoping Wade will find some young legs in him again because he was clearly the most exciting player in the league when he is fully healthy
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:20 PM   #84
Doranku
NBA sixth man of the year

Doranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation here

@ the Heat stans declaring themselves champions already in this thread.

f@ggot ass fanbase.
Doranku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:30 PM   #85
The Immortal
Decent college freshman

The Immortal has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305Baller

oh, come on. Thats a terribly warped camera shot
strong jaw
The Immortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:03 PM   #86
Mass Debator
Local High School Star

Mass Debator has decent reputationMass Debator has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
I think he could stand to be 210. The emphasis on his training should be flexibility, quickness, agility. He has a 'powerful' body but as he ages, he needs to drop weight to compensate for the natural lose of athleticism.
I hear ya but that's a lot of weight dropped for someone who has been used to playing at 220 his whole career and maybe 215 by the end of the year. I think he needs that extra weight to check bigger shooting guards like Kobe who would easily push him around if Wade was 210. If he wants to stay elite for a couple more years, I think he needs to be at his playing weight. He's only 31 after all and I know he has 2 good years left in him.

If he does drop to 200-210 however, I'd like to see him at point guard and boss them around in the post while using his pull up jumper in the transition game. Even though he isn't as quick as those great point guards anymore, he can still contain them with his length. I'd like to see this happen honestly.
Mass Debator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:06 AM   #87
PJR
College superstar

PJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputation

"Don't believe me, just watch"

#3PEATLOCKED
PJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:35 PM   #88
HomieWeMajor
Thinking we local

HomieWeMajor has a terrific reputationHomieWeMajor has a terrific reputationHomieWeMajor has a terrific reputationHomieWeMajor has a terrific reputationHomieWeMajor has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJR
HomieWeMajor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:20 AM   #89
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick

BallsOut has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJR
"Don't believe me, just watch"

#3PEATLOCKED

We been watching, need a magnifying glass to see Wade's impact.
BallsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:34 AM   #90
aj1987
MH!

aj1987 is a pretty well-respected posteraj1987 is a pretty well-respected posteraj1987 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallsOut
We been watching, need a magnifying glass to see Wade's impact.

If you still can't see it, you must either be blind or just plain stupid.
aj1987 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: